Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting a cut-command or special format pattern in awk Post 302682509 by IMPe on Monday 6th of August 2012 10:50:22 AM
Old 08-06-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by in2nix4life
Code:
echo "2012" | awk '{printf "%02d\n", substr($0,2)}'

THANK YOU, it is working properly!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk,cut fields by change field format

Hi Everyone, # cat 1.txt 1321631,77770132976455,19,20091001011859,20091001011907 1321631,77770132976455,19,20091001011859,20091001011907 1321631,77770132976455,19,20091001011859,20091001011907 # cat 1.txt | awk -F, '{OFS=",";print $1,$3,$4,$5}' 1321631,19,20091001011859,20091001011907... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search pattern with special characters passed from CL

I'm very new to awk and sed and I've been struggling with this for a while. I'm trying to search a file for a string with special characters and this string is a command line argument to a simple script. ./myscript "searchpattern" file #!/bin/sh awk "/$1/" $2 > dupelistfilter.txt sed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cue
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or awk : pattern selection based on special characters

Hello All, I am here again scratching my head on pattern selection with special characters. I have a large file having around 200 entries and i have to select a single line based on a pattern. I am able to do that: Code: cat mytest.txt | awk -F: '/myregex/ { print $2}' ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk command in special character

Hi, I want to add below line after end of a file (i.e file1) &&echo "copy done" >> out.txt cat file1 scp user1@server1:/tmp/dir /tmp/dir1 my requirment is cat file1 scp user1@server1:/tmp/dir /tmp/dir1 &&echo "copy done" >> out.txt could any one please help me (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding cut or awk command

Hi, I need a help with cut/awk command. I need to get certain values from a string provided. For example: i have a config file with below mentioned details oracle="user=name"/"pass/word"@databasename. I have used a command var1=`grep -w oracle sample.cfg | cut -d"=" -f2 | cut -d"/" -f1`. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumars2102
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK command to cut the desired header columns

Hi Friends, I have a file1 i want to retrieve only the fields which have DEP,CITY,TRANS as headers in other file. Output: I want to give the input as DEP,CITY,TRANS column names to get the output. i used cut command .. but if i have 300 fileds it is more difficult to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and cut command

Hi, I have to display the value 16 present in "lcpu=16" which is the output of a command # vmstat System configuration: lcpu=16 mem=4096MB I used as # hdtype=`vmstat | grep "lcpu" | awk -F "=" '{print $2}'` # echo $hdtype 16 mem But I need to display only 16.. Am doing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with cut or awk command

i am trying to cut the 4th field from the file. sample file a1,a2,"a,3",a4,a5,a6 b1,"b,2",b3,b4,b5,b6 c1,"c,2","c,3",c4,c5,c6 i need the output in the format of a1,a2,"a,3",a5,a6 b1,"b,2",b3,b5,b6 c1,"c,2","c,3",c5,c6 i tried using cut -d, -f1-4,6- but i am getting the output as ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ATWC
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to find total number of Special character in a column

How to find total number of special character in a column? I am using awk -f "," '$col_number "*$" {print $col_number}' file.csv|wc -l but its not giving correct output. It's giving output as 1 even though i give no special character? Please use code tags next time for your code and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AjitKumar
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to format each line by pattern

The four lines in the tab-delimeted input are a sample format from my actual data. The awk is meant to go line by line and check if a pattern is satisfied and if it is follow a particular format (there are 3). All the lines in the file should follow one of the three formats below. I added comments... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)