Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX track commands run as root after sudo Post 302682485 by zaxxon on Monday 6th of August 2012 10:26:49 AM
Old 08-06-2012
I used the search function of the forum looking for "track commands" and selecting the AIX forum as target:
sudo log and sudo auditing
Tracking Root commands
AIX audit users activity
User Auditing
This User Gave Thanks to zaxxon For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How a normal user run a script including root privileaged commands

Dear all Ihave written a script in Hpux9.0, the ecript is working fine if I run it from root command prompt But when I am running it thru /etc/profile or /user/.profile and login as a normal user, the owner of the process running the script is the normal user & hence cant run a root privileaged... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: initin
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to allow access to some commands having root privleges to be run bu non root user

hi i am new to unix and i have abig task. i have to \run particular commands having root privileges from a non root user. i know sudo is one of the way but i need sum other approach kindly help Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryashikha
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Track user commands

Hi, I have a unix server and I am concerned about the security on that server. I would like to be able to write a script that records all the commands that were typed at the command prompt before the user calls the 'history -c' command and deletes all the history. I was thinking about firing or... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mishkamima
7 Replies

4. SuSE

Allow multiple users to run several root commands

I am using SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP2 (i586) and I had earlier ammended my sudoers file to allow users to become root user with "sudo su - " command Now I am trying to add multiple users to the sudoers file to run several commands such as restarting the server, restarting the nagios... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run sudo commands under a script?

Hi, I am new to scripting. I am trying to write a script to ssh one remote machine and run a sudo command. ssh <hostname> sudo -S <command> < ~/pass.txt I am stored my password in pass.txt. I am getting error sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified Please suggest me how can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkia9
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run commands as root user

Hello I have a script which is working fine so far to generate HTML file. Now i am wondering how do i include a syntax where it can change itself to root user and execute a specific commands as root user. Please help, Thanks in advance. -Siddhesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
2 Replies

7. AIX

List of AIX commands that can be run by ROOT user ONLY

Hello, I am testing sudo and I want to test it. Can anyone please let me know few commands (of course other than shutdown, reboot etc. as I can't reboot the box) on AIX that can be run by ROOT only. Thanks ---------- Post updated at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 PM... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automatically run commands after SSH and SUDO not working?

I'm working on a script to SSH and SUDO as (sap user sidadm) then automatically run commands that the sidadm user can run such as R3trans -v, tp, etc.. I can SSH without password and SUDO.. but the commands don't run after I SSH and SUDO to the sidadm user...here is the commands that I've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: icemanj
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Sudo to user other than root but do not allow sudo to root

I have a set of RHEL 5 boxes running our ERP software on Oracle databases. I need to allow my DBA's to su to oracle and one other account (banner) without knowing the oracle or banner password. But I need to prevent them from su'ing to any other user especially root. I only want them to be able to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to track what Commands run in a login session

Hi I need to track what commands run in login session in solaris whether it is root or any normal users in bash shell. My actual requirement is that when a user (nomal/root) login into the system, whatever commands he run, it should log into file on specified path . I don't require command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hb00
4 Replies
su-to-root(1)						      Debian GNU/Linux manual						     su-to-root(1)

NAME
su-to-root - A simple script to give an `interactive' front-end to su. It can be used in menu entry commands to ask for the root password SYNOPSIS
su-to-root [-X] [-p <user>] -c <command> DESCRIPTION
Most menu entries simply start an editor or a game or whatever. But some menu entries would like to give the user the ability to change important settings in the system, that require root privileges. su-to-root can be used to ask for the root password. OPTIONS
-c <command> The command to execute as a string. This option is mandatory. -p <user> The name of the user to change to, instead of root. -X The command is a X11 program that does not require a terminal. This is to be used with menu entries that declare needs="X11". ENVIRONMENT
SU_TO_ROOT_X Select the su-like program called by su-to-root -X. Supported values are gksu, kdesu, kde4su, ktsuss, sux, gksudo and kdesudo. kde4su denotes the KDE4 version of kdesu. When this variable is not set su-to-root will currently try to use gksu, kdesu, kde4su, ktsuss, sux and the built-in code, in that order with the exception that under a KDE session, kdesu and kde4su are prefered over gksu. The exact set of programs to try and their order is subject to change without notice. SU_TO_ROOT_SU Select the su-like program used in text mode. Supported values are sudo, sux and su, the later being the default. FILES
/etc/su-to-rootrc ~/.su-to-rootrc su-to-root will source these files at startup in this order. This lets you define and modify the environment variables above without restarting your X session. COPYING
su-to-root is distributed under the GNU General Public License. (GPL 2.0 or greater). AUTHORS
Joost Witteveen <joostje@debian.org> X11 support by Morten Brix Pedersen and Bill Allombert <ballombe@debian.org> SEE ALSO
update-menus(1), menufile(5), /usr/share/doc/menu/html Debian Project 20 October 1998 su-to-root(1)