Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Output selection with EOF
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Output selection with EOF Post 302682447 by Daniel Gate on Monday 6th of August 2012 09:22:07 AM
Old 08-06-2012
Output selection with EOF

I have a script:
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
runmqsc CERN.PROD <<EOF
dis chs(to.*)
end
EOF

which gives me the output as:
Code:
     1 : dis chs(to.*)
AMQ8417: Display Channel Status details.
   CHANNEL(TO.CGPRODAPP2)                  CHLTYPE(CLUSRCVR)
   CONNAME(10.60.16.50)                    CURRENT
   RQMNAME(CERN.PROD)           STATUS(RUNNING)
   SUBSTATE(RECEIVE)                    
AMQ8417: Display Channel Status details.
   CHANNEL(TO.CGPRODAPP1)                  CHLTYPE(CLUSSDR)
   CONNAME(10.60.16.50(50001))             CURRENT
   RQMNAME(CERN.PROD)           STATUS(RUNNING)
   SUBSTATE(MQGET)                         XMITQ(SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE)
     2 : end

What I need is to have it send me e-mail when either of
Code:
STATUS(RUNNING)

is not showing as
Code:
(RUNNING)

Please note that there are 2 of STATUS(RUNNING) lines.

Please advise.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags next time for your code and data instead of PHP tags, thanks.

Last edited by zaxxon; 08-06-2012 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array and Selection

I have a question: Y X Tabel a is a array multidimensional --> a(1024,20) I load in to array a Text from 6000 row where: in a(1,1) is present the row 1 of original text, in a(1024,1) is present then row 1024 of original test and in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tray selection

Hello All, Could anyone help me how to selecting the trays in unix . Thanks, Amit kul (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit kul
3 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Opt out selection

Maybe I'm missing something but when I go to CP->Options, I see the box for selecting which forum to opt out of but no way to set it. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drhowarddrfine
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

confused with << EOF EOF

Hi friends , I am confused with << EOF EOF Most of the cases I found sqlplus $db_conn_str << EOF some sql staments EOF another exapmle is #!/bin/sh echo -n 'what is the value? ' read value sed 's/XXX/'$value'/' <<EOF The value is XXX EOF (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: imipsita.rath
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data selection

Hi, Please note that as a programmer I cannot tell the file format or details of my production files so I have re-framed my file and taken a case of departments. Kindly guide as its related to a production requirement of data containing recors of production customer NOT A HOMEWORK :) I have... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: test_user
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date selection

Hi All, i have log file sample data is 2010/10/09|04:00:00.392|15Minute|BW=0|192.168.0.1 2010/10/08|04:00:00.392|15Minute|BW=0|192.168.0.1 2010/10/07|04:00:00.392|15Minute|BW=0|192.168.0.1 2010/10/05|04:00:00.392|15Minute|BW=0|192.168.0.1 2010/10/03|04:00:00.392|15Minute|BW=0|192.168.0.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: posner
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If Selection statement

ok im kinda stuck i have a bash script with 4 options 1. Create Script 2. Show Script 3 . Delete script 4. Exithow would i use an if statement for this? im not sure what test command i would use. I know it would be like this (below) to display the script if then cat script1or for the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangsta
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output when we are usinf EOF in the same line?

need to login 4 systems to check whether the systems are accessible or not using rlogin command,after each login i will exit.After issuing the command rlogin abc if it is not responding i will get a message of "connection timed out" . So i want to automate this task .so i tried like below : EX:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charanarjun
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To Redirect The Output When We Are Usinf EOF In The Same Line?

need to login 4 systems to check whether the systems are accessible or not using rlogin command,after each login i will exit.After issuing the command rlogin abc if it is not responding i will get a message of "connection timed out" . So i want to automate this task .so i tried like below: EX: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kankuro9x
3 Replies
getusershell(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  getusershell(3C)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get legal user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns a pointer to a legal user shell as defined by the system manager in the file /etc/shells. If /etc/shells does not exist, the following locations of the standard system shells are used in its place: /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/ksh93 /bin/pfcsh /bin/pfksh /bin/pfsh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh /sbin/jsh /sbin/pfsh /sbin/sh /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/jsh /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/ksh93 /usr/bin/pfcsh /usr/bin/pfksh /usr/bin/pfsh /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/tcsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/sfw/bin/zsh /usr/xpg4/bin/sh The getusershell() function opens the file /etc/shells, if it exists, and returns the next entry in the list of shells. The setusershell() function rewinds the file or the list. The endusershell() function closes the file, frees any memory used by getusershell() and setusershell(), and rewinds the file /etc/shells. RETURN VALUES
The getusershell() function returns a null pointer on EOF. BUGS
All information is contained in memory that may be freed with a call to endusershell(), so it must be copied if it is to be saved. NOTES
Restricted shells should not be listed in /etc/shells. SunOS 5.11 1 Nov 2007 getusershell(3C)