Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Details within file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Details within file Post 302682375 by Chor419 on Monday 6th of August 2012 07:25:07 AM
Old 08-06-2012
Thanks for the response..

What if i was looking for all the systemID values in a scenario like the one below:

Code:
<address type="go" systemID="123456" uniqueId="0023184" value="123"/>

Last edited by Scott; 08-06-2012 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

What file contains boot up init details?

I want to get my telnetd to run on startup and was wondering where it was? im used to having it in /etc/init.d/rc.d but it is not the same in hp-ux :( thanks all (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emplate
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Details on the ls command and file types

Hey y'all, I need some help with the nitty gritty of the ls command. -First off in the man pages in the -l mode the first character can be "door" can anyone tell me what a door is??? -also in the -l mode the first character can be "fifo"or"pipe" can anyone tell me what a this is??? -What... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacob358
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

i want to extract details for particular file

Hi i have following file uuid ( RO) : 62701790-60da-dd9a-669d-a563aac1c435 host-uuid ( RO): 5f3f668d-a7c7-4e5f-a4a6-6e90fafb50ed sr-uuid ( RO): 62103d07-e0aa-acf3-2d9f-414ad3377bd0 device-config (MRO): location: /dev/xapi/block ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bp_vardhaman
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cut file details from the path given

Hi, Filenames come as /DataStage/temp/ERT/infile/RU.ER.09.0106.txt in a file. I want to cut first 2 chars of the filename like RU, then next 2 like ER and next like 09 I tried using var=/DataStage/temp/ERT/infile/RU.ER.09.0106.txt echo $var|cut -f 1 -d .(dot) this gives... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshada
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for parsing details in a log file to a seperate file

Hi Experts, Im a new bee for scripting, I would ned to do the following via linux shell scripting, I have an application which throws a log file, on each action of a particular work with the application, as sson as the action is done, the log file would vanish or stops updating there, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingnagan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract details from XML file

Hi , I have one xml file contains more than 60 lines. I need to extract some details from the file and store it in new file.Not the whole file Please find the xml file below: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <DeploymentDescriptors xmlns="http://www.tibco.com/xmlns/dd"> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at -l doesnt give details of the scheduled job. How to get the details?

I have scheduled couple of shell scripts to run using 'at' command. The o/p of at -l is: $ at -l 1320904800.a Thu Nov 10 01:00:00 2011 1320894000.a Wed Nov 9 22:00:00 2011 1320876000.a Wed Nov 9 17:00:00 2011 $ uname -a SunOS dc2prcrptetl2 5.9 Generic_122300-54 sun4u sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superparticle
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting file Details with find -mmin

I'm new to this and I have done a lot of research and am 99% done with my ksh script BUT I need help with. The script looks at Journal files and reports back on any that have not been updated for 15 min. Everything works but I wanted more detail (added -ls) and now I'm getting dups. Original code:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackopz
2 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Getting details from sudoers file

Hi, I need the details of which ids belong to the sudoers file, and which groups these ids belong to. Can anyone suggest a way to derive that information into a flat file please? G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sentence and its details from a text file based on another file of sentences

Hi I have two text files. The first file is TEXTFILEONE.txt as given below: <Text Text_ID="10155645315851111_10155645333076543" From="460350337461111" Created="2011-03-16T17:05:37+0000" use_count="123">This is the first text</Text> <Text Text_ID="10155645315851111_10155645317023456"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)