Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To Check whether the Input is a Year or Not? Post 302682287 by balajesuri on Monday 6th of August 2012 04:38:26 AM
Old 08-06-2012
Code:
case $Test_Var in
[1-9][0-9][0-9][0-9] )  echo "It is a Year";;
                   * )  echo "Is is not a Year";;
esac

This User Gave Thanks to balajesuri For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

What can i do to check that the input is all alphabet.. ?

What can i do to check that the input is all alphabet.. ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: XXXXXXXXXX
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check on Input

HI all, I would like to know how the user can be restricted for entering only the number and not characters in sheel scripts.. Suppose code is like this echo 'Enter the number' read Value Now user may enter 'a' as value... But i want to disallow him for entering characters other than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhananjaysk
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check for a valid numeric input

Hi Folks, I'm using bash script. I would like to check whether input is a number or not.(Only positive numbers).. if space or non numeric is entered, it should say "invalid input". pls help.. thanks in adv. Br/// Vijay. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vijayakumarpc
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check the input

how to check whether a given input is a number or a string? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shilpi
1 Replies

5. Programming

How to check an input variable

Suppose we have a simple situation, like the following C++ instructions: int x; cout << "Insert x: "; cin >> x; while ( x-- < 0 ) ; Of course, if it is written something different from an integer, the while loop shall not end. So, how can we check if the input x is of the right type? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luke Bonham
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check input parameter

Hi all i need to check that if user has passed any input parameter while executing he shell script like ./test1.sh -a"-v" then do smothing if user execute the script without giving input paramater then ./test1.sh then do something how can we check this input parameter (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input file check

Hi, I have a script which runs daily. It gets 3 input files test1,test2,test3. I want to do a validation in my script to make sure i have all the 3 files available before running. If any one of the file is missing i want to break the script. Could you please help me with this request. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check user input

Hi, I need my script to check if the user enters 3 values if not 5 values to my script and alert if the input has any other number of values. for example: ./myscript.sh 22 56 3221 - > correct ./myscript.sh 22 56 3221 45 777 -> correct ./myscript.sh 22 56 3221 45 -> incorrect Please... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check Column corresponding to input

I have a file which extracts data from an HTML file For Eg HTML file contains: New York;ABC;145;Yes;YES;No New York;BCD;113;Yes;YES;No New York;NAS;63;Yes;YES;No ------------------------ London-48;CBT;16;Yes;YES;No London-48;CME;17;Yes;YES;No London-48;EUR;52;Yes;YES;No... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newkid.7955
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check whether input is numeric

Hello there, find below for my code first: $pdp_asaba=`cat /tmp/temp_total | grep asaba | sed 's/*//g'` if ]] then pdp_asaba=0 fi $pdp_abuja=`cat /tmp/temp_total | grep abuja | sed 's/*//g'` if ]] then pdp_abuja=0 fi $pdp_ojota=`cat /tmp/temp_total | grep ojota | sed 's/*//g'` if ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: infinitydon
3 Replies
CSREQ(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  CSREQ(1)

NAME
csreq -- Expert tool for manipulating Code Signing Requirement data SYNOPSIS
csreq [-v] -r requirement-input -t csreq [-v] -r requirement-input -b outputfile DESCRIPTION
The csreq command manipulates Code Signing Requirement data. It reads one requirement from a file or command arguments, converts it into internal form, checks it, and then optionally outputs it in a different form. The options are as follows: -b path Requests that the requirement read be written in binary form to the path given. -r requirement-input Specifies the input requirement. See "specifying requirements" below. This is exactly the same format as is accepted by the -r and -R options of the codesign(1) command. -t Requests that the requirement read be written as text to standard output. -v Increases the verbosity of output. Multiple instances of -v produce increasing levels of commentary output. In the first synopsis form, csreq reads a Code Requirement and writes it to standard output as canonical source text. Note that with text input, this actually compiles the requirement into internal form and then converts it back to text, giving you the system's view of the requirement code. In the second synopsis form, csreq reads a Code Requirement and writes its binary representation to a file. This is the same form produced by the SecRequirementCopyData API, and is readily acceptable as input to Code Signing verification APIs. It can also be used as input to subse- quent invocations of csreq by passing the filename to the -r option. SPECIFYING REQUIREMENTS
The requirement argument (-r) can be given in various forms. A plain text argument is taken to be a path to a file containing the require- ment. This program will accept both binary files containing properly compiled requirements code, and source files that are automatically com- piled for use. An argument of "-" requests that the requirement(s) are read from standard input. Again, standard input can contain either binary form or text. Finally, an argument that begins with an equal sign "=" is taken as a literal requirements source text, and is compiled accordingly for use. EXAMPLES
To compile an explicit requirement program and write its binary form to file "output": csreq -r="identifier com.foo.test" -b output.csreq To display the requirement program embedded at offset 1234 of file "foo": tail -b 1234 foo | csreq -r- -t FILES
DIAGNOSTICS
The csreq program exits 0 on success or 1 on failure. Errors in arguments yield exit code 2. SEE ALSO
codesign(1) HISTORY
The csreq command first appeared in Mac OS 10.5.0 . BSD
June 1, 2006 BSD