Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to create an for loop for adding an disk in veritas volume group. Post 302682247 by indrajit_preet on Monday 6th of August 2012 01:26:10 AM
Old 08-06-2012
Created a Following Script

Code:
#!/bin/sh 
disknum=14
for i in `cat /tmp/disk` 
do 
  if [ $disknum -lt 18 ]; then 
    vxdg -g freedg adddisk disk$disknum=$i 
  else 
    echo "All the disk is added to the diskgroup" 
  fi 
  disknum=$(( disknum +1 ))
done

Which is working fine now

Last edited by Franklin52; 08-06-2012 at 03:45 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for data and code samples

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Veritas silent disk group creation

I am trying to write a kornshell script that will automatically create veritas disk groups. However, the only utility that I can find that will create the diskgroup is vxdiskadd, which prompts with interactive questions. I've tried to pass the answers through to vxdiskadd, but I receive the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jm6601
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Veritas Volume Manager question (Disk layout with 4 plexes)

I am trying to build a veritas volume similar to an existing volume on another server. The output on source server is: usbtor12# vxprint -hrtg appdg v anvil_sqlVOL - ENABLED ACTIVE 629145600 SELECT - fsgen pl anvil_sqlVOL-01 anvil_sqlVOL ENABLED ACTIVE 629145600... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: momin313
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure disk group with veritas

People i have an a storage i create two virtual disk 1 y 2. In the virtual disk 1 i configure 8 volumes and in the Vd2 configure 5 volumes. Now i want to create a disk group called Prod2 y Dev2 but when i go to vxdiskadm and i choose add disk o encapusalte when i press list to list the disk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VERITAS Volume Manager - mirror a disk/volume

I have a machine (5.10 Generic_142900-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V210) that we are upgrading the storage and my task is to mirror what is already on the machine to the new disk. I have the disk, it is labeled and ready but I am not sure of the next steps to mirror the existing diskgroup and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rookieuxixsa
1 Replies

5. AIX

Adding a Volume Group to an HACMP Resource Group?

Hi, I have a 2 node Cluster. Which is working in active/passive mode (i.e Node#1 is running and when it goes down the Node#2 takes over) Now there's this requirement that we need a mount point say /test that should be available in active node #1 and when node #1 goes down and node#2 takes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
6 Replies

6. AIX

Create new Volume Group

Good afternoon all, I'll probably confuse everyone as I'm a Windows guy dealing with AIX 6.1 and can't quite figure out how to do something. I have a P520 server running 2 LPARs and we have an IVM (not HMC).Within the IVM under Virtual Storage Management, when I check the Physical Volumes, I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spellbound
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Veritas disk group not the same on each cluster node.

Need help getting all disk devices back on node 2 the same as node 1. Recently Veritas and/or Sun cluster got wrecked on my 2 node Sun cluster after installing the latest patch cluster. I backed out the patches and then node 2 could see only half of the devices and Veritas drives (though format... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: buggin
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a volume group, logical volume group and file system?

hi, I want to create a volume group of 200 GB and then create different file systems on that. please help me out. Its becomes confusing when the PP calculating PP. I don't understand this concept. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldev
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

No space in volume group. How to create a file system using existing logical volume

Hello Guys, I want to create a file system dedicated for an application installation. But there is no space in volume group to create a new logical volume. There is enough space in other logical volume which is being mounted on /var. I know we can use that logical volume and create a virtual... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extend a disk in veritas volume manager in veritas cluster?

Hi Experts, I wanted to extend a veritas file system which is running on veritas cluster and mounted on node2 system. #hastatus -sum -- System State Frozen A node1 running 0 A node2 running 0 -- Group State -- Group System Probed ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skmanojkum
1 Replies