Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Select only the last line from the pattern Post 302682067 by hmartine1983 on Sunday 5th of August 2012 12:41:54 PM
Old 08-05-2012
important note

It might be important to note that I am not looking for the last line, I am looking for the last energy which is far away from the last line of the document. Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract/select pattern from input

Hey, examples of the input (text line): /bla/blMOasdn234.adanif24/blabla.rar /bla/blMOasdn234.adanif24/blabla23124.bin /bla/bla/bla/bla/bla/bla.bin and what I need to do is extract/select only the dir path so the output would be: /bla/blMOasdn234.adanif24/ /bla/blMOasdn234.adanif24/... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find pattern, delete line with pattern and line above and line below

I have a file that will sometimes contain a pattern. The pattern is this: FRM CHK 0000 I want to find any lines with this pattern, delete those lines, and also delete the line above and the line below. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickg
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select everything before a pattern

Hi I have i doubt, actually i have to select everything before a word(pattern).For that i am using sed i am using the below line of code but it is not working i am getting a blank instead.. sed -n '/regexp/{g;1!p;};h' file1 Can anyone help? Thanks (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

select some text from a test dependng on pattern

I have some absolute file location $INSTALL_BASEPATH/onereview-5.0/resources/commons-messages/commonmessages_default.properties $INSTALL_BASEPATH/onereview-5.0/orv-deploy/config-console.war/WEB-INF/classes/com/connectiva/configuration/console/resource/configurationBundle.properties I need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select a pattern from file

Hi, I have a requirement to select only a specific pattern from a flat file and delete its occurance. For eg. If my file contains : <A1>1234</A1> <A2>5678</A2> <ABC>1234</ABC> <A3>0987</A3> Then, i want to delete <ABC>1234</ABC> from the file and have the contents as :-... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DTechBuddy
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select everything between first and last occurrence of same pattern

Greetings, I am writing a script which requires as a part, selecting all the lines between the first and last occurrence of a pattern. I have an nawk alternative that is working. But thre should be a generic script that should run on all os viz, linux, sun , aix. The awk script that i... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
25 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the word from pattern line and update in subsequent lines till next pattern line reached

Hi, I have got the below requirement. please suggest. I have a file like, Processing Item is: /data/ing/cfg2/abc.txt /data/ing/cfg3/bgc.txt Processing Item is: /data/cmd/for2/ght.txt /data/kernal/config.klgt.txt I want to process the above file to get the output file like, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying the shell script to select pattern

Hello, I have script which work 70% of the desired task , the output from script.sh is following , however the desired output I require is following . Any piece of suggestion would be great.. thanks in advance, emily #!/bin/bash ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines from line with pattern match to a line that ends in a pattern

I am trying to combine lines with these conditions: 1. First line starts with text of "libname VALUE db2 datasrc" where VALUE can be any text. 2. If condition1 is met then continue to combine lines through a line that ends with a semicolon. 3. Ignore case when matching patterns and remove any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wes Kem
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get an output of lines in pattern 1st line then 10th line then 11th line then 20th line and so on.

Input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
6 Replies
GENSKYVEC(1)						      General Commands Manual						      GENSKYVEC(1)

NAME
genskyvec - compute patch radiance averages for a specific sky SYNOPSIS
genskyvec [ -m N ][ -c r g b ] DESCRIPTION
Genskyvec samples the Radinace sky description given on the standard input to generate a list of average patch radiances. If there is a sun in the description, genskyvec will include its contribution in the three nearest sky patches, distributing energy according to centroid proximity. By default, genskyvec divides the sky into 2305 patches, plus one patch for the ground. This corresponds to Reinhart's extension of the Tregenza sky, where the original 145 patches are subdivided into 16 subpatches, except at the zenith. A different subdivision may be spec- ified via the -m option. The value given will be used to subdivide each dimension, so the default of 4 yields almost 16 times as many patches as the original Tregenza sky, which can be specified with -m 1. A higher resolution sky is generally better for daylight coeffi- cient analysis where solar position is important. The -c option may be used to specify a color for the sky. The gray value should equal 1 for proper energy balance The default sky color is -c 0.960 1.004 1.118 . EXAMPLE
To generate 578 patches corresponding to a 2x2 subdivision of the Tregenza sky on a sunny equinox noon: gensky 9 21 12 | genskyvec -m 2 > sky09_21_12.dat AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
dctimestep(1), genBSDF(1), gensky(1), gentregvec(1), rtcontrib(1), rtrace(1) RADIANCE
12/09/09 GENSKYVEC(1)