Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl lwp find word and print next word :) Post 302681847 by vogueestylee on Sunday 5th of August 2012 11:46:53 AM
Old 08-05-2012
hi, thank you for your answer but I'm not sure how to use it,

is this ok?

HTML Code:
while ($response2->content()) {  # reads STDIN, put a different handle here if you want
  if (/<div class="sender">(.*)<\/div>$/) {
    print "\"$1\"\n";   # prints with " symbols
    print "$1\n";        # prints without " symbols
  }
}
it gives me an (infinity?) errors
HTML Code:
Use of uninitialized value $_ in pattern match (m//) at p2.pl line 103, <> line 1.
so what am I doing wrong?

---------- Post updated 08-05-12 at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous update was 08-04-12 at 02:37 PM ----------

ok I got it:
PHP Code:
my $html $response2->content;
  while( 
$html =~ m/<div class="sender">(.*)<\/div>/g) {   

# print "\"$1\"\n"; # prints with " symbols

print "$1\n";  # prints without " symbols

thank you anyway!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find a word in a file, and change a word beneath it ??

Hi all, I have a file with lines written somewhat like this. aaaa ccc aa linux browse = no xssxw cdcedc dcsdcd csdw police dwed dwd browse = no cdecec (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl (word by word check if a hash key)

Hi, Now i work in a code that 1-get data stored in the database in the form of hash table with a key field which is the " Name" 2-in the same time i open a txt file and loop through it word by word 3- which i have a problem in is that : I need to loop word by word and check if it is a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eng_shimaa
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to search for a particular word in files and print the word and path name

Hi, i am new to unix shell scripting and i need a script which would search for a particular word in all the files present in a directory. The output should have the word and file path name. For example: "word" "path name". Thanks for the reply in adv,:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtual_45
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract whole thing in word, leaving behind last word. - perl

Hi, i've a string /u/user/DTE/T_LOGS/20110622_011532_TEST_11_HD_120/HD/TESi T_11_HD_120/hd-12 i need to get string, like /u/user/DTE/T_LOGS/20110622_011532_TEST_11_HD_120/HD the words from HD should get deleted, i need only a string till HD, i dont want to use any built in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a word in all the files (that contain the word) under a directory

Hi Everyone, I am looking for a simple way for replacing all the files under a directory that use the server "xsgd1234dap" with "xsdr3423pap". For Example: In the Directory, $pwd /home/nick $ grep -l "xsgd1234dap" *.sh | wc -l 119 I have "119" files that are still using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find a word and print n lines before and after the match

how to find a word and print n lines before and after the match until a blank line is encounterd (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
14 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Search for a word and print the next word

Hi, I am trying to search for a word and print the next word. For example: My text is "<TRANSFORMATION TYPE ="Lookup Procedure">" I am searching for "TYPE" and trying to print ="Lookup Procedure" I have written a code like following: echo $line | nawk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sampoorna
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a specific word and print only the word from the input file

Hi, I have a sample file as shown below, I am looking for sed or any command which prints the complete word only from the input file. Ex: $ cat "sample.log" I am searching for a word which is present in this file We can do a pattern search using grep but I need to cut only the word which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_kumarcs
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a word and increment the number in the word & save into new files

Hi All, I am looking for a perl/awk/sed command to auto-increment the numbers line in file, P1.tcl: run_build_model sparc_ifu_dec run_drc set_faults -model path_delay -atpg_effectiveness -fault_coverage add_delay_paths P1 set_atpg -abort_limit 1000 run_atpg -ndetects 1000 I would like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jypark22
6 Replies
HTML::Template::Compiled::Classic(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		    HTML::Template::Compiled::Classic(3pm)

NAME
HTML::Template::Compiled::Classic - Provide the classic functionality like HTML::Template SYNOPSIS
use HTML::Template::Compiled::Classic compatible => 1; my $htcc = HTML::Template::Compiled::Classic->new( # usual parameters for HTML::Template::Compiled ); DESCRIPTION
This class provides features which can not be used together with features from HTML::Template::Compiled. These are: dots in TMPL_VARs If you want to use <TMPL_VAR NAME="some.var.with.dots"> you cannot use the dot-feature <TMPL_VAR NAME="some.hash.keys"> at the same time. Subref variables In HTML::Template, the following works: my $ht = HTML::Template->new( scalarref => "<TMPL_VAR foo>", ); $ht->param(foo => sub { return "bar" }); print $ht->output; # prints 'bar' This doesn't work in HTML::Template::Compiled (in the past it did, but as of HTC version 0.70 it won't any more, sorry). METHODS
compiler_class returns HTML::Template::Compiled::Compiler::Classic validate_var gets the var name (parsed out of "NAME="foo.bar"" and returns if the string is a valid var name perl v5.14.2 2012-05-26 HTML::Template::Compiled::Classic(3pm)