Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users accessing temperatures under Slackware Post 302681791 by Corona688 on Saturday 4th of August 2012 12:16:36 PM
Old 08-04-2012
Both have different uses, gkrellm doesn't make sensors useless.

sensors is far more useful for debugging lm_sensors if you have a problem with it. It can also be used in automatic scripts, even on something standalone.

gkrellm is a graphical application with all the strengths and problems that implies.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script converting temperatures.

:confused:Please I really need help with an assignment question. I need to write a script that will take the input from a file and convert the number from Centigrade(Celcius) to Fahrenheit or vice versa. Thank you so much. I really need it to be detailed. Please remember the input comes from a file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: starter101
1 Replies

2. Slackware

Skype on Slackware 64

Hi! I've downloaded the static version (skype_static-2.1.0.81.tar.bz2) and extracted it. Then I tried to start the Skype executable file (./skype) via the terminal but nothing happens. root@xxx:~# ls skype_static-2.1.0.81/ skype_static-2.1.0.81.tar.bz2 root@xxx:~# cd skype_static-2.1.0.81... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: intelfan
2 Replies

3. Slackware

Slackware

I want to know more about the Concurrency(Process Synchronization, Deadlocks) of a slackware, i know already the Concurrency but i want to know further what else is the Concurrency(Process Synchronization, Deadlocks) of a slackware. :cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: green12
1 Replies

4. Slackware

Slackware 13.

Hello everyone. I am a newbie in operating systems. so far I've been playing with Ubuntu and I like it a lot. I heard about Slackware and I wanna try it. Last night I download the iso but It didn't fit in my usb or Dvd. it is a 4.2 GB. Is there one less than 4.2GB that will fit in my usb or DVD? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: openation1
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HDD temperatures monitoring

Good day all, I am new the the shell programming and scripting world and I have a question. I need to monitor the hdd temperature of 18 different servers(each with 14 hdd) and I would like to be able to have the information displayed on a single html webpage. What would be the best approach about... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaffryn
0 Replies
gkrellmd(1)							   User's Manual						       gkrellmd(1)

NAME
gkrellmd - The GNU Krell Monitors Server SYNOPSIS
gkrellmd [ --help ] [ --verbose ] [ -u | --update-hz N ] [ -m | --max-clients N ] [ -P | --port N ] [ -a | --allow-host hostname ] DESCRIPTION
gkrellmd Listens for connections from gkrellm clients. When a gkrellm client connects to a gkrellmd server all builtin monitors collect their data from the server. However, the gkrellm process is running on the local machine, so any enabled plugins will run in the local context (Flynn is an example exception to this since it derives its data from the builtin CPU monitor). Also, any command launching will run commands on the local machine. There is no support for file system mounting and local mailbox checking on the machine where the gkrellmd server is running. OPTIONS
-h --help Displays usage information and exits. -v --version Prints gkrellmd version and exits. -V --verbose Prints connection progress. -u, --update-hz f Sets the data update frequency in samples per second for the server. This is independent of and should be less than the gkrellm client update rate. The rate can be from 1 to 10 and should be lower to minimize network traffic. A value of not much more than 1/2 the client update rate is best where it is not important to minimize network traffic. -m, --max-clients N Sets the maximum number of simultaneous clients allowed to connect to the server. -P, --port server_port Use server_port for the network connection. -a, --allow-host hostname Specify hosts which are allowed to connect. Multiple allow-host arguments may be given. If no hosts are specified on the command line or in a gkrellmd.conf file, then all hosts are allowed to connect. Also, if hostname is the keyword ALL then all hosts are allowed. This option is additive and specified hosts will be added to the hostnames listed in gkrellmd.conf files unless the --clear-hosts option is given first. -c, --clear-hosts Clears the current list of allowed hosts. Use this before any --allow-host arguments if you want command line allowed hosts to override and not be additive to those specified in gkrellmd.conf files. FILES
/etc/gkrellmd.conf System server config which is read first. The config file may contain lines similar to the command line args. For example: allow-host localhost allow-host 127.0.0.1 port 19150 max-clients 2 update-hz 2 /usr/local/etc/gkrellmd.conf Local server config file which is read second. ~/.gkrellmd.conf User server config file which is read last. With the exception of --allow-hosts, command line args will override options in gkrellmd.conf files. AUTHOR
Bill Wilson <bill@gkrellm.net>. http://www.gkrellm.net/ GNU
/Linux July 24, 2002 gkrellmd(1)