Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl syntax question
Top Forums Programming Perl syntax question Post 302681669 by djzort on Friday 3rd of August 2012 07:35:04 PM
Old 08-03-2012
You can use 'while'
Code:
 while (my $line = ) {     # do something with $line }

I want to post a link to the perldoc website with all the details, but this forum wont let me. if you have perldoc installed, run 'perldoc perlsyn' for the perl syntax documentation. Its also in pretty html on the perldoc website.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK syntax question

Hi, Have to check file names in some given directory. SO, What is the right syntax here: *$3*=="'$object_list'" - just wanted to check if $3 is in the object_list. And also, Do I need so many quotes around? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leo_NN
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk syntax question

Hi I use awk command to delete the first blanc line of a file: awk '/^$/ && !f{f=1;next}1' infile > outfile can somebody please explain me what the last "1'" in !f{f=1;next}1' stands for... Thansk a lot -A (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl syntax help

Im new at scripting and im trying to write a script using perl that will make sure there are 2 command line integer arguments and then check if the 2nd argument is greater than the first. i believe im close but still receive my error message even when i have 2 arguments and the second part gives me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: livewire06
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar -C syntax question

I am writing a perl script to tar multiple files (in unix) from a given directory to a given output directory. I do NOT want the file path included in the tar, so I've flagged the -C option. Example: tar -cvf tar/1.tar -C htmp/source/ 1-1-1.xml However, I need to do this for a number of target... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: michanjohns
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about syntax error

first of all.. sorry about all the question bombing.. im bored atm so im currently playing around with sh scripting hehe s = `expr ls -s Documents | grep Music | awk '{ print $1 }' ` t = `expr $t + $s` it give syntax error s not found t not found lol... any idea why? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nick1097
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl syntax

I'm a newbie to perl scripting. Can someone please explain the syntax below. Specifically what does -> and => do? $tz->site( => $site); (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: scj2012
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl syntax

Query with perl syntax Aim: is to change a perl script to use a new file I was required to replace - entries \"$entries\" with -lib <full_path_to_filename> So in the code detector.pm sub rundetector { my $class = shift; mkdir($resultDirectory); my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sa@@
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Perl Syntax Question.

Greetings! Here's what I believe is a "simple one" for the community tonight ;) What I'm trying to do is assign a "true/false" value to a variable depending upon whether a named process (some-process) exists; and then test for this value in the succeeding logic. I banged my head against the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl String Replacement Syntax Question . . .

Greetings! I've been tooling about with Perl to make a few string replacements in some files; and seem to have run into a bit of a squeeze :) Beginning with a simple text file, test.txt, we have the following content to be worked:Now, not wanting to have anyone feel left out, I decided that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question regarding quotation syntax

Hey guys, my first post on UNIX Forums(much overdue IMO)! I've got this bit of code that doesn't seem to be working correctly for an Android app I'm working on: "screen -S gmod1 -p 0 -X stuff " & "" & command.text & "`echo -ne '\015'`""" Basically it types command.text(variable determined... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stingwraith
4 Replies
Test::Mock::HTTP::Request(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Test::Mock::HTTP::Request(3pm)

NAME
Test::Mock::HTTP::Request - Mocks HTTP::Request SYNOPSIS
Make HTTP::Request to make testing easier. See Test::Mock::LWP manpage for more details. This class uses Test::MockObject, so refer to it's documentation as well. AUTHOR
Luke Closs, "<test-mock-lwp at 5thplane.com>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Mock-LWP>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. SUPPORT
You can find documentation for this module with the perldoc command. perldoc Test::Mock::LWP You can also look for information at: * AnnoCPAN: Annotated CPAN documentation <http://annocpan.org/dist/Test-Mock-LWP> * CPAN Ratings <http://cpanratings.perl.org/d/Test-Mock-LWP> * RT: CPAN's request tracker <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=Test-Mock-LWP> * Search CPAN <http://search.cpan.org/dist/Test-Mock-LWP> ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2006 Luke Closs, all rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2007-01-25 Test::Mock::HTTP::Request(3pm)