Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to invoke external program and capture its output Post 302681479 by Corona688 on Friday 3rd of August 2012 12:33:16 PM
Old 08-03-2012
I think you need to type ./myscript.pl, not myscript.pl, since PATH doesn't include the current directory for security reasons.

You certainly don't need perl to do something this simple -- especially when all you do in perl is run 30,000 more shells!! This does it all in one shell:

Code:
while read LINE; do mem_disp "$LINE" 80 ; done < input.txt > output.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture output of program to file with limited filesize

I'm working on a script that will perform a backup, save a log of said backup and send the output to me in an email. Everything is working fine so far except that I can't figure out how to specify a maximum file size for the log file. I don't want a runaway log file jamming up the server.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: spectre_240sx
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Invoke java program in different processc d

I have a simple script like this: for file in $dodfiles; do ./rundod $file done $dodfiles is an array of file names selected rundod is a script which invokes a java progrm which process a data file all the processing message logged into a log file in order to extract and analyze the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liux99
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing value to an external program problem...

This code is in my 'case' statement and it all else works fine. The problem I have is that the value in 'procno' is not passed on to the external program (fireit). It is passing all zeros instead of the actual process number. By the time I get to this case statement, I know the "Number" and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giannicello
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke java program in script

Hey all, My boss tasked me with the job to write a script which would invoke various java programs, the thing is I don't know much about shell scripting so would you experts help me out? Here is the requirement - 2 applications written in java: App_A and App_B -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke perl program from Ksh

Hi all, Can I invoke a perl script from Ksh script and pass parameters to the perl script. Please do help me.. thanks Maha (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahalakshmi
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to invoke a perl script from java program

Hi: I need to invoke a perl script from a java applet program in UNIX operating system.. Can you please suggest me!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajesh_955
4 Replies

7. Solaris

How to invoke remote java program from ssh

How can i invoke java program from MC1, when I connect remotely to execute can I set classpath etc. ____________ <-------------->____________________ |..................|<-------------->|...............................| |..................|<-------------->|...............................|... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishnu559
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Invoke unix script using c program

hi i want to invoke a unix script in a C program and also return some value from the script to the C program to use that value further. Basically i am doing a Lookup operation in this unix script and returning the looked up data from a oracle database table.. please help me invoke as well... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: somi2yoga
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script of invoke an email program

Is it possible that a shell script invokes a windows mailing application like Lotus Notes and creates a mail and sends it ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csrohit
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while Invoke Shell Script function from Java Program

Hi, I have create a Shell Script, with one function. I want to call the script file in Java Program. It working fine. but the problem is the function in the Shell Script is not executed. Please suggest me, Regards, Nanthagopal A (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
2 Replies
wxListEvent(3erl)					     Erlang Module Definition						 wxListEvent(3erl)

NAME
wxListEvent - See external documentation: wxListEvent. DESCRIPTION
See external documentation: wxListEvent . Use wxEvtHandler:connect/3 with EventType: : command_list_begin_drag , command_list_begin_rdrag , command_list_begin_label_edit , command_list_end_label_edit , com- mand_list_delete_item , command_list_delete_all_items , command_list_key_down , command_list_insert_item , command_list_col_click , command_list_col_right_click , command_list_col_begin_drag , command_list_col_dragging , command_list_col_end_drag , com- mand_list_item_selected , command_list_item_deselected , command_list_item_right_click , command_list_item_middle_click , com- mand_list_item_activated , command_list_item_focused , command_list_cache_hint See also the message variant #wxList{ } event record type. This class is derived (and can use functions) from: wxNotifyEvent wxCommandEvent wxEvent DATA TYPES
wxListEvent() : An object reference, The representation is internal and can be changed without notice. It can't be used for comparsion stored on disc or distributed for use on other nodes. EXPORTS
getCacheFrom(This::wxListEvent()) -> integer() See external documentation . getCacheTo(This::wxListEvent()) -> integer() See external documentation . getKeyCode(This::wxListEvent()) -> integer() See external documentation . getIndex(This::wxListEvent()) -> integer() See external documentation . getColumn(This::wxListEvent()) -> integer() See external documentation . getPoint(This::wxListEvent()) -> {X::integer(), Y::integer()} See external documentation . getLabel(This::wxListEvent()) -> string() See external documentation . getText(This::wxListEvent()) -> string() See external documentation . getImage(This::wxListEvent()) -> integer() See external documentation . getData(This::wxListEvent()) -> integer() See external documentation . getMask(This::wxListEvent()) -> integer() See external documentation . getItem(This::wxListEvent()) -> wxListItem() (see module wxListItem) See external documentation . isEditCancelled(This::wxListEvent()) -> bool() See external documentation . AUTHORS
<> wxErlang 0.98.9 wxListEvent(3erl)