Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX [Solved] HP-UX lsof depot installation Post 302681467 by sai_2507 on Friday 3rd of August 2012 12:18:03 PM
Old 08-03-2012
Thank u very much for the quick repsonse Peasant!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

depot generating hpux 11.11 workstationmain

Hello, we running on a hpux workstation hpux 11.11 ( model B180 L ) latest relaese from december 2001. now we would like to install an tool which will allow us to generate our own depots. this programm names mkpkg ( relaese 3.0 alpha 5 ) and we downloaded it from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ortsvorsteher
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

VNC depot

Hi All, I'm having a very difficult time compiling VNC for HPUX 11.0. Is there a vnc depot sitting somewhere out there ? Thanks a bunch, KENT (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kxchen_home
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

configuration of depot file.

Hi all, I am new to hp-ux.I installed depot file.But i don't know how to configure that depot file.If anybody knows the configuration of depot file please help me. It's urgent, because i have to configure that depot file. Thanks & Regards, Balaraju. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balarajum
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Binaries/Depot for Subversion 1.4.3 for HP/UX 11.11

Could anyone help me out by providing binaries/depot for subversion 1.4.3? The hpux version is: HP-UX myhappybox B.11.11 U 9000/800 I am having trouble compiling the sources for hpux, the provided dependancies are extracted, but it continually falls over. We have previously had svn... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spud
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Depot file properties

Hi How can we identify the informations like Author, meta data, dependency and other information from a depot file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sethumadhavan
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Creating a depot

Hi. I am working on creating a depot that should be relocatable(I should be able to install it to a directory of my choice). The hp-ux help library talks about the variables SW_LOCATION and SW_ROOT_DIRECTORY to accomplish this. I have set the is_relocatable parameter to true in my psf. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JStone
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

[Solved] How to view the contents of the .depot files

Hi, I have one depot file. I would want to view the contents of this file with out extracting and with out installing in a machine. Like for $rpm -qlp rpmfilename will list out all the files in a rpm. Like I would want a command to view the files from a .depot file. I tried with swlist... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skmdu
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

Regarding Depot in HP Unix

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to know the files on the HP Unix server associated with the installed depot? BR, Prasanth (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasanth438
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 installation issue Error 25: Disk cannot be read - Solved

Hi all, I guess most of you have seen this error message while installing Solaris 10 on an x86 platform. I got the error message while installing from DVD ISO on my home VMWare ESXi server. It took me a long time to figure the exact issue and a subsequent solution. the solution is very... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

DEPOT software

I am using SAM and it is asking for the location of the DEPOT software. I don't know what the DEPOT software is. Can anyone explain and tell me where the default location for the software is? Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randydog
3 Replies
SG_TEST_RWBUF(8)						     SG3_UTILS							  SG_TEST_RWBUF(8)

NAME
sg_test_rwbuf - test a SCSI host adapter by issuing dummy writes and reads SYNOPSIS
sg_test_rwbuf [--addrd=AR] [--addwr=AW] [--help] [--quick] --size=SZ [--times=NUM] [--verbose] [--version] DEVICE or an older deprecated format sg_test_rwbuf DEVICE SZ [AW] [AR] DESCRIPTION
sg_test_rwbuf writes and reads back SZ bytes to the internal buffer of DEVICE (e.g. /dev/sda or /dev/sg0). A pseudo random pattern is writ- ten to the data buffer on the device then read back. If the same pattern is found 'Success' is reported. If they do not match (checksums unequal) then this is reported and up to 24 bytes from the first point of mismatch are reported; the first line shows what was written and the second line shows what was received. For testing purposes, you can ask it to write AW or read AR additional bytes. OPTIONS
Arguments to long options are mandatory for short options as well. -r, --addrd=AR Read an additional AR bytes (than indicated by SZ) from the data buffer. Checksum is performed over the first SZ bytes. -w, --addwr=AW Write an additional AW bytes (than indicated by SZ) of zeros into the data buffer. Checksum is generated over the first SZ bytes. -h, --help Print out a usage message the exit. -q, --quick Perform a READ BUFFER descriptor command to find out the available data buffer length and offset, print them out then exit (without testing with write/read sequences). -s, --size=SZ where SZ is the size of buffer in bytes to be written then read and checked. This number needs to be less than or equal to the size of the device's data buffer which can be seen from the --quick option. Either this option or the --quick option should be given. -t, --times=NUM where NUM is the number of times to repeat the write/read to buffer test. Default value is 1 . -v, --verbose increase verbosity of output. -V, --version print version number (and data of last change) then exit. NOTES
The microcode in a SCSI device is _not_ modified by doing a WRITE BUFFER command with its mode set to "data" (0x2) as done by this utility. Therefore this utility is safe in that respect. [Mode values 0x4, 0x5, 0x6 and 0x7 are the dangerous ones :-)] WARNING: If you access the device at the same time (e.g. because it's a hard disk with a mounted file system on it) the device's buffer may be used by the device itself for other data at the same time, and overwriting it may or may not cause data corruption! HOWEVER the SPC-3 draft standard does state in its WRITE BUFFER command: "This command shall not alter any medium of the logical unit when data mode ... is specified". This implies that it _is_ safe to use this utility with devices that have mounted file systems on them. Following this theme further, a disk with active mounted file systems may cause the data read back to be different (due to caching activity) to what was written and hence a checksum error. EXIT STATUS
The exit status of sg_test_rwbuf is 0 when it is successful. Otherwise see the sg3_utils(8) man page. AUTHORS
Written by D. Gilbert and K. Garloff COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2012 Douglas Gilbert, Kurt Garloff This software is distributed under the GPL version 2. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. sg3_utils-1.35 November 2012 SG_TEST_RWBUF(8)