Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Connected and Running with half duplex speed Post 302681463 by kah00na on Friday 3rd of August 2012 12:15:00 PM
Old 08-03-2012
Also, check to see if you have the latest microcode on your card. Sometimes when we get replacement hardware, the microcode is way behind. I can't think of a good reason to not be on the latest microcode level released by IBM.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

NIC speed 100M/full duplex problem

I have a TOSHIBA AS7000 B150 Sun Box I wanted to run it with 100M/full duplex I had added this to the /etc/system file to make to setting permenant So it would be set correctly on reboot. set eri:eri_adv_100fdx_cap=1 set eri:eri_adv_100hdx_cap=0 set eri:eri_adv_autoneg_cap=0 But when I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
4 Replies

2. Solaris

gigabit - fix speed/duplex on the switch ? or autoneg ?

Hi there We have a bit of a debate going here over what the prefered method is for setting 1000/Full on e1000g or nge interfaces is. As you aware the Solaris configration files for nge and e1000g dont allow you to "fix" 1000/Full but instead allow you to set auto-negotiate to ON but only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

How to find the duplex speed on Windows

Hi, In UNIX, it's very easy to find the duplex speed. But in Windows, is there a easy way to find the duplex speed? I can't go to over 100 servers to find this out, I was wondering if I run one command to do this? Please advice. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 Speed and Duplex Settings: bge

Evening, I am attempting to change the speed and duplex settings on a single interface on a bge card on an m3000 SPARC server. Currently the settings are as follows: bge0 link: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full bge1 link: up speed: 100 Mbps ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: brialt1
13 Replies

5. Solaris

How to find half duplex or full duplex

Hi, How to find whether the server is running with half duplex or full duplex. I tried with the following command ndd -get /dev/ but am not getting any output,. Is the command correct? Also let me know how to change from half to full duplex. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to change Speed Duplex

How to change Speed Duplex ! How to change Speed Duplex by command chdev -P -l ent1 -a media_speed=1000_Full_Duplex How to change Speed Duplex by Smitty . smitty chgenet -> select adapter -> change Media speed etc. -> set "Apply change to DATABASE only" to yes -> Enter -> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
0 Replies

7. Linux

Network 10Mb/s half duplex only. r8168 on Centos 5.

Hi, For some reason my network card started going 10Mb/s half duplex instead of 1000Mb/s full duplex. System is connected to 8x1Gb HP switch. Other devices connect fine through the switch and get full 1Gb network. I have Centos 5 with all updates. Driver comes from elrepo and as well is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: columb
1 Replies

8. SCO

System Clock running at half speed

SCO Openserver 6.0.0 had an issue with a NIC losing it's config on reboot. Netconfig would not allow "view protocol" and apparently zeroed out the existing IP info. Repaired from console. After this event, however, the system clock seems to lose 30 seconds for every RTC minute that passes. As a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DoublePanic
1 Replies
MICROCODE_CTL(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  MICROCODE_CTL(8)

NAME
microcode_ctl - microcode utility for Intel IA32 processors SYNOPSIS
microcode_ctl [-h] [-i] [-u [-q]] [-Q] [-f microcode] DESCRIPTION
The microcode_ctl utility is a companion to the IA32 microcode driver written by Tigran Aivazian <tigran@veritas.com>. The utility has two uses: a) it decodes and sends new microcode to the kernel driver to be uploaded to Intel IA32 processors. (Pentium Pro, PII, Celeron, PIII, Xeon, Pentium 4 etc) b) it signals the kernel driver to release the buffers containing the copy of microcode data actually applied to given CPU, linear array of 2048 bytes per CPU, see struct microcode in include/asm/processor.h for information on the layout of chunks buffers may hold The microcode update is volatile and needs to be uploaded on each system boot i.e. it doesn't reflash your cpu permanently, reboot and it reverts back to the old microcode. -h display usage and exit -i release any buffers held in microcode driver -u upload microcode (from default filename) -f upload microcode from named Intel formatted file -q run silently when successful -Q run silently even on failure EXAMPLE
microcode_ctl -iu Upload and free kernel buffers FILES
/etc/microcode.dat The default microcode location AUTHOR
Microcode utility written by Simon Trimmer Linux Kernel driver written by Tigran Aivazian. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to either Simon Trimmer <simon@veritas.com> or Tigran Aivazian <tigran@veritas.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000 VERITAS Software This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SPECIAL THANKS
Thanks to the Intel Corporation, for supplying microcode update data and publishing the specifications that enabled us to write microcode driver for Linux. SEE ALSO
The brave are recommended to view the driver source code located in the Linux Kernel source tree in arch/i386/kernel/microcode.c Visit http://www.urbanmyth.org/microcode/ for more information and microcode updates. microcode_ctl 17 January 2001 MICROCODE_CTL(8)