Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris running command in background Post 302681289 by nikhil kasar on Friday 3rd of August 2012 05:49:21 AM
Old 08-03-2012
running command in background

hi all

i am running following command

Code:
ufsdump  0ubf  512 /dev/rmt/0cbn /database/backup2/rman_backup/level1 >> /database/backup2/backup_tape/level1_rman_03aug12 2>&1;

i want to run it in background how can i do it
in this i am generating logs for backup.

the problem occurs when i am taking OS backup the server is in single user mode so i can not able to get another session so i can not see the logs.
so i want to run it in background.
please help.

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 08-03-2012 at 08:07 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

running in background

i have a script called server.sh. how to run this script in backgroung using nohup command (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running the Script in Background.

Gurus, Pls. help on this to run the script in background. I have a script to run the informatica workflows using PMCMD in script. Say the script name is test.sh & Parameters to the script is Y Y Y Y The no of parameters to the bove script is 4. all are going to be a flags. Each flag will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabhutkl
2 Replies

3. Solaris

About running processes in background

Hi, I need to establish a procedure that will start an application in background each time my remote Solaris server is (re)started. This would be a kind of daemon. I am no sysadmin expert, so I am looking for pointers. How should I proceed? What are the main steps? Thanks, JVerstry (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JVerstry
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kill a command I am running / then put it to background

I have a command running in the foreground (and so my term window is locked up) and I want to kill it, then resume it in the background and go home. It is creating a zip file, and the file will be written to the current directory - no std in / std out issues. How do I do this? Kill it with a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hindesite
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

running the script in background

I have a script called startWebLogic.sh which I was running in the background but the problem is which I used the command :- ps -elf | grep "startWebLogic.sh" | grep -v grep to find the process id but I was unable to find the process id for this script and when I checked from the front end the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maitree
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running in background

Hello, I was trying to make some processes to run at background and went to a problem. First I tried just to loop in one line something like this: for i in {1..10}; do echo 'hello world' &; done; but it pops a syntax error, so I tried several ways to fix it but wasn't able to understand... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rash
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to see process running at background

Hi , I want to see all the background process that are running in unix box machine...please guide me is there any specific command for that..since I am executing some scripts at background..!!:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nks342
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo ssh with command running in background

I am trying to run a command. This is one of my attempts: for i in fileservera; do ssh -t $i 'sudo ls /';doneThis works, and I see the directories. However, what I want to do now is start a process on the remote server such as /usr/bin/connectproc -standalonesudo /usr/bin/connectproc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script in background

Hi, I wrote a KSH script and running it on HP-UX machine I am running one script in background. My script is at location $HOME/myScript/test/background_sh When I view my script in background with psu commend > psu | grep background_sh I see following output UID PID PPID C ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaibhav
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Htop - How to detect exact command running at background

Hello, I am running a python file from terminal and I wish to see which code is running at background. When I use htop, I see just a few commands, unable to see entire command. htop > report nano report Output: ^ Following parts of ffmpeg line is not shown by htop. Just showing... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
7 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)