Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Formating variables in KSH
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Formating variables in KSH Post 302681287 by RudiC on Friday 3rd of August 2012 05:48:31 AM
Old 08-03-2012
Try embedding your output in Escape sequences. A good starting point for info might be man console_codes

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

variables in ksh

I'm new to unix scripting. How would I go about pulling the first 3 characters from a variable in ksh and storing in another variable? Thanks. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve6368
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing variables in ksh scripts?

In a ksh script on an AIX box running a jillion oracle database processes, I'm setting a variable to one of two possible arguments, depending on cmd line arguments. FINDIT="ps -ef | grep oracle | grep DBexport | grep rshrc" -or- FINDIT="ps -ef | grep oracle | grep prod | grep runback" I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedmelon
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting pathname variables with ksh

With C Shell you can get the root, head, tail and extension of a pathname by using pathname variable modifiers. Example Script: #! /bin/csh set pathvar=/home/WSJ091305.txt echo $pathvar:r echo $pathvar:h echo $pathvar:t echo $pathvar:e The result of executing this script is: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BCarlson
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

read values from ps -ef into variables in ksh?

Hi, I want to get the first two items returned by ps -ef into two variables? Can anyone please help Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ksh - Env. Variables ??

Hey all, I have been using Ksh and in that I am setting Environment variables. To set Env. Variables I have created my own file "BuildScript.sh" in which i have written : export CLASSPATH=/somedir/some other dir/file:. export PATH=/some dir/file:. But when i am calling this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

subtracting variables in ksh

hi all, how do i subract variables in shell ?? am trying to space out the headers and the output generated by the shell so they all line up : currently the output is like this : servers : users server1 : 10 latestServer : 50 so i thought... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to preserve NL in Ksh variables?

I'm trying to set a variable to the output of a command. This is what the comand output to the display looks like: />hciconndump -v TOsiu Dump of connection(s): TOsiu ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Process: A60Tsiu Connection: TOsiu... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining two variables in ksh

I can't believe I can't figure this out... given this code: CARS_DATA_LIST=`cat /tmp/file1 | awk '{print $1}' ` FMSA_DATA_LIST=`cat /tmp/file2 | awk '{print $1}' ` The value of each of the above variables is: CARS = a b c d e f g FMSA = a b c q r s I want to declare a third... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shoeless_Mike
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - for loop with variables

Hi, I 'm trying to send an e-mail for every different line in the .txt for i in {1..$variable} do sed -n "/$i$/p" text.txt done I have two problems about this. First one is that for loop doesn't work and the second one is that i cant get the output of sed (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozum
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help cannot concatenate Ksh variables ?

Cannot combine these two strings into one line, either as a 3rd variable or echo or printing ? Frustrating. for i in `cat /scripts/pathList.dat` do OldRepo= grep Oldhostname ${i}/.svn/entries | tail -1 NewRepo= grep Oldhostname ${i}/.svn/entries | tail -1 | sed '/Oldhostname/... (41 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcpinkerton
41 Replies
pods::SDL::Color(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     pods::SDL::Color(3pm)

NAME
SDL::Color - Format independent color description CATEGORY Core, Video, Structure SYNOPSIS
my $black = SDL::Color->new(0, 0, 0); my $color = SDL::Color->new(255, 0, 0); my $r = $color->r; # 255 my $g = $color->g; # 0 my $b = $color->b; # 0 $color->g(255); $color->b(255); # $color is now white DESCRIPTION
"SDL_Color" describes a color in a format independent way. METHODS
new my $color = SDL::Color->new(255, 0, 0); The constructor creates a new color with the specified red, green and blue values. r my $r = $color->r; $color->r(128); If passed a value, this method sets the red component of the color; if not, it returns the red component of the color. g my $g = $color->g; $color->g(128); If passed a value, this method sets the green component of the color; if not, it returns the green component of the color. b my $b = $color->b; $color->b(128); If passed a value, this method sets the blue component of the color; if not, it returns the blue component of the color. SEE ALSO
SDL::Surface AUTHORS
See "AUTHORS" in SDL. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-28 pods::SDL::Color(3pm)