Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting fields from different line.. Post 302681185 by itkamaraj on Friday 3rd of August 2012 01:41:04 AM
Old 08-03-2012
Code:

for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) - NF means no. of fields. so this for loop iterate the fields in the line
printf("\"%s\";",$i) - Print the field value along with ";"
NF==0 - if it is empty row print new line

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sorting fields of a line

Hi all, I have a file that looks like this... ########## 1zz2_15-43 1ouy_0-13-35 1.12619901947 2gfs_41-7 1yqj_3 0.793602121208 1bl7_11-3 1wbo_1-3-4 0.791065168287 1ywr_16-3 2ghl_22 0.956896171134 2exc_11-35 1pmq_13-15-87 0.597677672501 2bal_25-7 1ouk_17-19-21-228-58 0.668388304836... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Digby
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare multiple fields in file1 to file2 and print line and next line

Hello, I have two files that I need to compare and print out the line from file2 that has the first 6 fields matching the first 6 fields in file1. Complicating this are the following restrictions 1. file1 is only a few thousand lines at most and file2 is greater than 2 million 2. I need to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillesc_mac
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print last 2 fields of a line

Hi everyone, happy new year! Can someone teach me how I can print the last 2 fields of every line in a file (lines don't have uniform number of fields), for example: input file: aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh iii jjj kkk lll mmm nnn ooo output: ccc ddd fff ggg iii jjj nnn ooo ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert fields on each line to one line

Hello, I have a text file with the following fields: RecordNumber Name Email Date Notes Confirmed MailingList The problem is that each field is on a separate line. These seven fields repeat for the length of the file. What I want to do is to have a bash script or similar unitil EOF... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vestport
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to get fields from different line to a single line

input: field1 field2 field3 field4 output: "field1";"field2";"field3";"field4" My input file is shown above and I want output as shown using awk. the length of field3 is fixed so, the space between field3 and field4 can vary according to the value of field3. I am new to unix, so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreamzalive
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count blank fields in every line

Hello All, I am trying a one liner for finding the number of null columns in every line of my flat file. The format of my flat file is like this a|b|c|d||||e|f|g| a|b|c|d||||e|f|g| I want to count the number of fields delimited by "|" which are blank. In above case the count should be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare fields in two files line by line

I am new to awk scripting. I want to do a field by word (field) comparison of two files File1.txt and File2.txt. The files contain a list of | (pipe) separated field. **File 1: ------------------- aaa|bbb|ccc|eee|fff lll|mmm|nnn|ooo|ppp rrr|sss|ttt|uuu|vvv** File 2: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruvmohan
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison of fields then increment a counter reading line by line in a file

Hi, i have a scenario were i should compare a few fields from each line then increment a variable based on that. Example file 989878|8999|Y|0|Y|N|V 989878|8999|Y|0|N|N|V 989878|8999|Y|2344|Y|N|V i have 3 conditions to check and increment a variable on every line condition 1 if ( $3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvankj
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove fields space and append next line to previous line.?

awk 'BEGIN{FS = "Ç"} NR == 1 {p = $0; next} NF > 1 {print p; p = $0} NF <= 1 {p = (p " " $0)} END {print p}' input.txt > output.txt This is what the input data file looks like with broken lines Code: 29863 Ç890000000 Ç543209911 ÇCHNGOHG Ç000000001 Ç055 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cumeh1624
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search every line and compare fields

Hi All, I have situation where my file looks like this log.file. ID Start time IP SQL 1256152 05-Aug-15, 11:25:06 MST 10.54.20.33 Select * from TES 1004768 05-Aug-15, 11:25:06 MST 10.54.20.33 Select dummy 323323 05-Aug-15, 12:00:06 MST 10.15.20.77 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)