Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get a number from a grepped sentence of a file? Post 302681049 by JayDoshi on Thursday 2nd of August 2012 03:53:48 PM
Old 08-02-2012
If grepped setence is the duplicate, is there any way to remove it?
I have verified for above output it will give desired output for multiple IDs but with \n seperator, shall i able to change it to , seperator?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting number of sentence

Hi all I want to count total numbers of sentences separated by fullstop (.) in different files under a directory at one go. Any help is appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append a sentence in each file.

In a directry there are 100 files are present.... How to append a statement like "Anup Das" in each of the file content, in the first line.... without opening the files.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to ask for a sentence and then count number of spaces in the sentence

Hi People, I need some Help to write a unix script that asks for a sentence to be typed out then with the sentence. Counts the number of spaces within the sentence and then echo's out "The Number Of Spaces In The Sentence is 4" as a example Thanks Danielle (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie101208
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have to pass a sentence in a file,

I have to pass a sentence in a file, the specs are as: cat run | sed 's/SRT/'$8'/g' | sed 's/plength/68/g' | sed 's/stcol/'$5'/g' | sed 's/encol/'$6'/g' | sed 's/brdtype/'$1'/g' | sed's/brdtxt/'$3'/g' | sed 's/demotxt/Total '$2'/g' | sed 's/bantxt/ban_'$7'/g' | sed 's/validcodes/'$4'/g' > runx ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patilrakesh1984
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Puzzle: file name grepped from text file yields "no such file"

Dear all, In a bash script, I grep a filename from an UTF8 encoded file: LIST=`grep ^source $FILE | tr "\t" " " | cut -d " " -f 2 | sed -e 's,~,\$HOME,g'` The result is # echo $LIST $HOME/.mail_aliases_seminaire_MMMG Then I try to access it: #ls $LIST ls: cannot access... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: josce
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing grepped text.

Dear Friends, I need your help once again. I have a flat file from which I have grepped something and kept in a separate file for some reason. I want to replace these grepped srtings with the strings in another file. E.g. Actual_file.txt COLOR: 33179 Lakme SEPT2011 Lot No: BR25324 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to receive a specific alphanumeric number from a sentence?

Hi, I am quite new to shell scripting. I am facing challenge in retrieving a specific number from a sentence from the log. the number is random and changes everytime in the log. For example, The number of rows updated in table is: 7000 The number of rows updated in table is: 8000 The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghadeep adity
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with if then sentence (string in file)

Hello! I'd like some help with a sentance, this 'if' should take a string from the user, then search my list for that string, now only those lines that string is found should be worked on. I'm new to this, but i'm guessing it's something like this.. #!/bin/bash ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: klskl
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sentence and its details from a text file based on another file of sentences

Hi I have two text files. The first file is TEXTFILEONE.txt as given below: <Text Text_ID="10155645315851111_10155645333076543" From="460350337461111" Created="2011-03-16T17:05:37+0000" use_count="123">This is the first text</Text> <Text Text_ID="10155645315851111_10155645317023456"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

I must use first sentence from a file to put into variable

i am having some bash script which must use first sentence of the file. For example i have file which content is: test 213 So I must use word test into my bash script, and put it into variable. I am using a one variable named value value=$(</home/rusher/test.txt) so instead using test.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
1 Replies
Moose::Autobox::Array(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Moose::Autobox::Array(3)

NAME
Moose::Autobox::Array - the Array role SYNOPOSIS
use Moose::Autobox; [ 1..5 ]->isa('ARRAY'); # true [ a..z ]->does('Moose::Autobox::Array'); # true [ 0..2 ]->does('Moose::Autobox::List'); # true print "Squares: " . [ 1 .. 10 ]->map(sub { $_ * $_ })->join(', '); print [ 1, 'number' ]->sprintf('%d is the loneliest %s'); print ([ 1 .. 5 ]->any == 3) ? 'true' : 'false'; # prints 'true' DESCRIPTION
This is a role to describe operations on the Array type. METHODS
pop push ($value) shift unshift ($value) delete ($index) sprintf ($format_string) slice (@indices) flatten flatten_deep ($depth) first last Indexed implementation at ($index) put ($index, $value) exists ($index) keys values kv each each_key each_value each_n_values ($n, $callback) List implementation head tail join (?$seperator) length map (&block) grep (&block) Note that, in both the above, $_ is in scope within the code block, as well as being passed as $_[0]. As per CORE::map and CORE::grep, $_ is an alias to the list value, so can be used to modify the list, viz: use Moose::Autobox; my $foo = [1, 2, 3]; $foo->map( sub {$_++} ); print $foo->dump; yields $VAR1 = [ 2, 3, 4 ]; reverse sort (?&block) Junctions all any none one meta print say BUGS
All complex software has bugs lurking in it, and this module is no exception. If you find a bug please either email me, or add the bug to cpan-RT. AUTHOR
Stevan Little <stevan@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2006-2008 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-10-27 Moose::Autobox::Array(3)