Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Assigning rank to rows of numbers with directionality Post 302681011 by evelibertine on Thursday 2nd of August 2012 03:13:40 PM
Old 08-02-2012
Basically it is based on the value of the second column. The greater the value in the second column, the higher the rank. If two rows have the same value though, they have the same rank. The rank of the row with "0" in the second column is set to 0.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find different column numbers among rows in data

I want to find the different column numbers among rows in a file. For example: A001 a b c d e ... N A002 a b c d e ... N A003 a b c d e ... N+1 A004 a b c d e ... N A005 a b c d e ... N+2 : : For most of the lines I will have N columns (say 1000 rows) in each line except the line 3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AMBER
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reversing numbers in a datafile of rows and columns

Hello, I've tried searching the forum for an answer to my question, but without any luck... I have a datafile looking simplified as follows: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 I want to reverse it by rearranging all the numbers from last to... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattings
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

count numbers of matching rows and replace its value in another file

Hello all, can you help me in this problem, assume We have two txt file (file_1 and file_3) one is file_1 contains the data: a 0 b 1 c 3 a 7 b 4 c 5 b 8 d 6 . . . . and I need to count the lines with the matching data (a,b,..) and print in new file called file_2 such as the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GoldenFalcon10
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete rows based on line numbers in a file

I have to find the number of rows in a file and delete those many rows in another file. For example, if I have 3 rows in a file A, i have to delete first 3 rows in anothe file B, I have the code, it works as standalone, when I merge this with m application (c with unix), it doesnt work. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthuraj K
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code for giving the frequency of numbers appearing in rows

I have a data file that has 6 columns and I have sorted the 3rd column so that all rows are sorted according to the 3rd column (from lowest to highest number). An example is shown below: 7563 273 1 -15.81100000 25.37250000 -19.27320000 8149 294 1 -17.90540000 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananyob
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert rows based on line numbers

Can I insert rows based on line numbers. Say If I need to insert 1 or more rows in a file from line number 10. Can I do that in UNIX I have a file something like A B C D E F After row C, I wanted to add 2 records as X and Y. I have the line number after C as my reference. Can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthuraj K
2 Replies

7. Web Development

Fix For Google Page Rank: Wordpress List Rank Dashboard Widget

Here is the fix for the recent Google changes to their pagerank API. For example, in the List Rank Dashboard Widget Wordpress Plugin (Version 1.7), in this plugin file: list-rank-dashboard-widget/wp-list-rank-class.php in this function: function getGooglePR($url) Change this line: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assigning rank to rows of numbers based on the last column

I have a tab delimited text file that looks like the following: ERBB3 0.00097 IL31RA 0.000972 SETD5 0.000972 MCART1 0.000973 CENPJ 0.000973 FNDC6 0.000974 I want to assign a number to each row based on the value in the last column (in the order of increasing value so that the first row... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing up values of rows of numbers

data file contains failed=24 error=23 error=163 failed=36 error=903 i need to get a total count of each value above. i'm looking for the most efficient method to do this as the datafile i provided is just a sample. the actual data can be several hundred thousands of lines. so from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
pnmcut(1)                                                     General Commands Manual                                                    pnmcut(1)

NAME
pnmcut - cut a rectangle out of a portable anymap SYNOPSIS
pnmcut [-left leftcol] [-right rightcol] [-top toprow] [-bottom bottomrow] [-width width] [-height height] [-pad] [-verbose] [ left top width height ] [pnmfile] All options may be abbreviated to the shortest unique prefix. DESCRIPTION
Reads a PBM, PGM, or PPM image as input. Extracts the specified rectangle, and produces the same kind of image as output. There are two ways to specify the rectangle to cut: arguments and options. Options are easier to remember and read, more expressive, and allow you to use defaults. Arguments were the only way available before July 2000. If you use both options and arguments, the two specifications get mixed in an unspecified way. To use options, just code any mixture of the -left, -right, -top, -bottom, -width, and -height options. What you don't specify defaults. It is an error to overspecify, i.e. to specify all three of -left, -right, and -width or -top, -bottom, and -height. To use arguments, specify all four of the left, top, width, and height arguments. left and top have the same effect as specifying them as the argument of a -left or -top option, respectively. width and height have the same effect as specifying them as the argument of a -width or -height option, respectively, where they are positive. Where they are not positive, they have the same effect as specifying one less than the value as the argument to a -right or -bottom option, respectively. (E.g. width = 0 makes the cut go all the way to the right edge). Before July 2000, negative numbers were not allowed for width and height. Input is from Standard Input if you don't specify the input file pnmfile. Output is to Standard Output. OPTIONS
-left The column number of the leftmost column to be in the output. If a nonnegative number, it refers to columns numbered from 0 at the left, increasing to the right. If negative, it refers to columns numbered -1 at the right, decreasing to the left. -right The column number of the rightmost column to be in the output, numbered the same as for -left. -top The row number of the topmost row to be in the output. If a nonnegative number it refers to rows numbered from 0 at the top, increasing downward. If negative, it refers to columns numbered -1 at the bottom, decreasing upward. -bottom The row number of the bottom-most row to be in the output, numbered the same as for -top. -width The number of columns to be in the output. Must be positive. -height The number of rows to be in the output. Must be positive. -pad If the rectangle you specify is not entirely within the input image, pnmcut fails unless you also specify -pad. In that case, it pads the output with black up to the edges you specify. You can use this option if you need to have an image of certain dimensions and have an image of arbitrary dimensions. pnmpad can also fill an image out to a specified dimension, and gives you more explicit control over the padding. -verbose Print information about the processing to Standard Error. SEE ALSO
pnmcrop(1), pnmpad(1), pnmcat(1), pgmslice(1), pnm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 29 June 2000 pnmcut(1)