Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix Scripting : Sort a Portion of a File and not the complete file Post 302680997 by bobbygsk on Thursday 2nd of August 2012 02:49:54 PM
Old 08-02-2012
sort <filename>
Your issue looks simple.
Is it something you are looking for?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate a portion of text file into another file

Hi, I have my input as follows : I have given two entries- From system Mon Aug 1 23:52:47 2005 Source !100000006!: Impact !100000005!: High Status ! 7!: New Last Name+!100000001!: First Name+ !100000003!: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_ksv
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to find complete path of a file in unix

hi experts(novice people can stay away as it is no child's game), i am developing a script which works like recycle bin of windows. the problem i am facing is that when ever i am trying to delete a file which is situated in parent directory or parent's parent directory i am unable to capture... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yahoo!
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find complete path of a file in unix

hi experts(novice people can stay away as it is no child's game), i am developing a script which works like recycle bin of windows. the problem i am facing is that when ever i am trying to delete a file which is situated in parent directory or parent's parent directory i am unable to capture... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahoo!
5 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Where can I download the VTC - Unix Shell Scripting Advanced complete video

Where can I download the VTC - Unix Shell Scripting Advanced complete video. I don't know in which thread I should post this question.Plz help me out, or just tell me the link in the reply to this post. Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: villain41
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNix one-liner to sort a file

Hi everyone, I have a txt file as: >001.b1 GCTAGTGCTAGCTAGCTAGCATCGATCGAT >002.b1 CAGTCAGTCGTAGTGCTAGCTGATGCTCGT >003.b1 CGATCGTAGTCGTATCGATGCTGACGTAGG >002.g1 ATGCTGATCGACTAGCTAGTCGT >015.b1 CGATCTAGTAGTGCTAGTCGTTT >001.g1 ATGCTGATCGACTAGCTAGTCGT >003.g1 CGATGCTAGTCGATGCTGACGGG (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to sort file name in Unix

Hi, I'm unable to sort the files with the required names on Unix. Details have been enclosed:- Below are the fle name inside a folder, now i need to sort them in a way that they are group with the seconds occurance in the file name (E.g 01954,07947,06794) 01.01954.MXRS1.rcv... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkkk_ssss
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search and append words in the same file using unix scripting file operations

Hi , I have a file myhost.txt which contains below, 127.0.0.1 localhost 1.17.1.5 atrpx958 11.17.10.11 atrpx958zone nsybhost I need to append words only after "atrpx958" like 'myhost' and 'libhost' and not after atrpx958zone. How to search the word atrpx958(which is hostname) only,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsreeni
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find complete file names in UNIX if i know only extention of file

Suppose I have a file which contains other file names with some extention . text file containt gdsds sd8ef g/f/temp_temp.sum yyeta t/unix.sum ghfp hrwer h/y/test.text.dat if then.... I want to get the complete file names, like for above file I should get output as temp_temp.sum... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchal
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to append portion of a file content to another file when a certain pattern is matching?

Hi ladies and gentleman.. I have two text file with me. I need to replace one of the file content to another file if one both files have a matching pattern. Example: text1.txt: ABCD 1234567,HELLO_WORLDA,HELLO_WORLDB DCBA 3456789,HELLO_WORLDE,HELLO_WORLDF text2.txt: XXXX,ABCD... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: bananamen
25 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv file, convert the data and make one text file in UNIX shell scripting

I have input data looks like this which is a part of a csv file 7,1265,76548,"0102:04" 8,1266,76545,"0112:04" I need to make the output data should look like this and the output data will be part of text file: 7|1265000 |7654899 |A| 8|12660000 |76545999 |B| The logic behind the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
6 Replies
PAM_ISSUE(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						      PAM_ISSUE(8)

NAME
pam_issue - PAM module to add issue file to user prompt SYNOPSIS
pam_issue.so [noesc] [issue=issue-file-name] DESCRIPTION
pam_issue is a PAM module to prepend an issue file to the username prompt. It also by default parses escape codes in the issue file similar to some common getty's (using x format). Recognized escapes: d current day l name of this tty m machine architecture (uname -m) machine's network node hostname (uname -n) o domain name of this system release number of operating system (uname -r) current time s operating system name (uname -s) u number of users currently logged in U same as u except it is suffixed with "user" or "users" (eg. "1 user" or "10 users") v operating system version and build date (uname -v) OPTIONS
noesc Turns off escape code parsing. issue=issue-file-name The file to output if not using the default. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_IGNORE The prompt was already changed. PAM_SERVICE_ERR A service module error occurred. PAM_SUCCESS The new prompt was set successfully. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/login to set the user specific issue at login: auth optional pam_issue.so issue=/etc/issue SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_issue was written by Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 04/01/2010 PAM_ISSUE(8)