Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting what's wrong with my regex using find Post 302680943 by Corona688 on Thursday 2nd of August 2012 12:49:42 PM
Old 08-02-2012
I'm not sure. Fortunately this is simple enough no regex is needed.

Code:
find . -name 'json-*.[ch]'

-name always requires the glob to match the entire filename.

This will also work on more systems, since few actually support -regex.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

what i do wrong, find grep rm, help me plz

hello. i need find folders only with name 2006 and delete. find /path/to/dir/-07/ -type d | grep 2006 | -exec rm -rf {} \; and etc doesnt work :\ what i do wrong :? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djdes22
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find with RegEx

I have some files in unix ls -1 TMH.backend.tar.421E-03.Z TMH.backend.tar.421E-04.Z TMH.backend.tar.421E-05.Z TMH.backend.tar.421E-06.Z TMH.backend.tar.421E-07.Z TMH.backend.tar.421E-08.Z TMH.backend.tar.421E-08.Z.bak20081223164844 TMH.backend.tar.421E-09.Z... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: on9west
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

whats wrong with this find statement ?

cmd="find /a/technologies -name '*.jar' | grep \"Tuning/specificloader/lib\"" echo $cmd for index in `$cmd` do SL_JARS="${SL_JARS}:${index}" done gives error ==> find: paths must precede expression Usage: find but for index in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

what is wrong with this find command

i am trying to find the files which are more than 100MB and it was created 10 days ago. find /lola/loaded -size +102400 -mtime -10 -print | xargs ls -ltr -rw-rw-r-- 1 lola_adm gdrmp 82054170 Jun 23 06:17 /lola/loaded/ILMEMBER20090622.txt -rw-rw-r-- 1 lola_adm gdrmp 652080494 Jun 24... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhiroracle
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong output in find command

Hi guys - I am trying a small script to tell me if there is a file that exists less than 1k. It should report ERROR, otherwise the check is good. I wrote this script down, however it never runs in the if/then statement. It always returns the echo ERROR. MYSIZE=$(find /home/student/dir1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find regex

Hi There, Can anybody help me out for searching this regular expression? xxxxx.yyy.zzzz.From-ABCD.To-XYZ.xxxxxx I would like the ID1 and ID2 (knowing which one is Id1 and id2) .From-<ID1>. and .To-<ID2>. Thanks in advance!! Regards, Bhaskar (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

regex help with 'find'

How to do alternation using regular expressions in the 'find' command? Like say you want to find all files that do not match the names specifically "this" or "that" within a directory using regular expressions? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevensw
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

what's wrong with my -exec in find

find ./ -name *Kconfig -exec cat {} \; but it won't work with find ./ -name *Kconfig -exec cat {} |grep CONFIG_MTD |grep depend \; how could I handle this (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl find & replace - what am I doing wrong?

Hi! I have a directory full of .plist type files from which I need to delete a line. Not every file contains the line, but of course I'd like to do it recursively. The line which I want to delete is: <string>com.apple.PhotoBooth</string> and looks like this in its native habitat: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudon't
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is wrong with 'find . -maxdepth 1 -ctime -7 -type f'?

Have you tried running the command below? On the same RHEl 6.8 or 6.6. It will give you different output. find . -maxdepth 1 -ctime -7 -type f rpm -qa|grep find findutils-4.4.2-9.el6.x86_64 # cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.8 (Santiago) # (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
6 Replies
JSON_XS(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       JSON_XS(1p)

NAME
json_xs - JSON::XS commandline utility SYNOPSIS
json_xs [-v] [-f inputformat] [-t outputformat] DESCRIPTION
json_xs converts between some input and output formats (one of them is JSON). The default input format is "json" and the default output format is "json-pretty". OPTIONS
-v Be slightly more verbose. -f fromformat Read a file in the given format from STDIN. "fromformat" can be one of: json - a json text encoded, either utf-8, utf16-be/le, utf32-be/le storable - a Storable frozen value storable-file - a Storable file (Storable has two incompatible formats) clzf - Compress::LZF format (requires that module to be installed) yaml - YAML (avoid at all costs, requires the YAML module :) eval - evaluate the given code as (non-utf-8) Perl, basically the reverse of "-t dump" -t toformat Write the file in the given format to STDOUT. "toformat" can be one of: json, json-utf-8 - json, utf-8 encoded json-pretty - as above, but pretty-printed json-utf-16le, json-utf-16be - little endian/big endian utf-16 json-utf-32le, json-utf-32be - little endian/big endian utf-32 storable - a Storable frozen value in network format storable-file - a Storable file in network format (Storable has two incompatible formats) clzf - Compress::LZF format yaml - YAML dump - Data::Dump dumper - Data::Dumper Note that Data::Dumper doesn't handle self-referential data structures correctly - use "dump" instead. EXAMPLES
json_xs -t null <isitreally.json "JSON Lint" - tries to parse the file isitreally.json as JSON - if it is valid JSON, the command outputs nothing, otherwise it will print an error message and exit with non-zero exit status. <src.json json_xs >pretty.json Prettify the JSON file src.json to dst.json. json_xs -f storable-file <file Read the serialised Storable file file and print a human-readable JSON version of it to STDOUT. json_xs -f storable-file -t yaml <file Same as above, but write YAML instead (not using JSON at all :) lwp-request http://cpantesters.perl.org/show/JSON-XS.json | json_xs Fetch the cpan-testers result summary "JSON::XS" and pretty-print it. AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2008 Marc Lehmann <json@schmorp.de> perl v5.14.2 2010-08-17 JSON_XS(1p)