Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers avahi , change the log location Post 302680911 by Smiling Dragon on Thursday 2nd of August 2012 12:14:56 PM
Old 08-02-2012
If it's currently logging to /var/log/messages, it's probably doing so using the syslog daemon.
Find the section in your log that says something like "[ID 123456 daemon.notice]". This is the log facility and level that your app is logging as.

Then just create a new entry in /etc/syslog.conf for this pointing to your new log file location, create a blank file in the log location, and send a SIGHUP to syslogd.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

I need to change the location of a netbackup installation

Can anyone tell me how I can change the default location for a netbackup installation to another location on my box? The default location is too small and I want to install in another location that has the adequate space. The Netbackup user manual is USELESS!!:mad::mad: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: impunchdrunk
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

auto change filemanager folder colors dependent on location in directory hierarchy

Hello, Is it possible to make a file manager use different "colored folders" when browsing specific directories? For example, if I open a gnome file manager and browse my windows share at, smb://192.168.1.101/z/ , can I make those folders appear green? And when I open another instance of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bz43
0 Replies

3. Solaris

How to change default log location of SMF registered processes.

Hi All, I am trying to change default log location ( var/logs/svc/<component>) of each and evry SMF registered processes and append to particular file (/opt/smf.log) . Please help ................. Thanks in advance !!! Gyan prakash (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gyan_198
5 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Using avahi to publish IPV6 DNSservers - Security?

Hello, we use here internal avahi to publish IPV6 DNSservers. It was the easiest way for us to use the service with radvd. Here is the part from the avahiconf: publish-dns-servers=IPV6adress-dns-server This works really fine. But my problem is the security. When you have this config for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darktux
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to change the path location within the shell script?

Hi ALL, I am trying to find the installed tomcat version and location of the server.xml file to get the tomcat port number. Using below script to do that. #!/usr/bin/env bash var1=$(find / -name "version.sh" ! -size 0 2>&1 |egrep -v "tmp|docker") for loc1 in $var1 do ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravani25
1 Replies
GLANCE-CONTROL(1)						      Glance							 GLANCE-CONTROL(1)

NAME
glance-control - Glance Daemon Control Helper GLANCE DAEMON START
/STOP/RELOAD HELPER SYNOPSIS glance-control [options] <SERVER> <COMMAND> [CONFPATH] Where <SERVER> is one of: all, api, registry, scrubber And command is one of: start, stop, shutdown, restart, reload, force-reload And CONFPATH is the optional configuration file to use. OPTIONS --version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit --config-file=PATH Path to a config file to use. Multiple config files can be specified, with values in later files taking precedence. The default files used are: [] -d, --debug Print debugging output --nodebug Do not print debugging output -v, --verbose Print more verbose output --noverbose Do not print more verbose output --log-config=PATH If this option is specified, the logging configuration file specified is used and overrides any other logging options specified. Please see the Python logging module documentation for details on logging configuration files. --log-format=FORMAT A logging.Formatter log message format string which may use any of the available logging.LogRecord attributes. Default: none --log-date-format=DATE_FORMAT Format string for %(asctime)s in log records. Default: none --log-file=PATH (Optional) Name of log file to output to. If not set, logging will go to stdout. --log-dir=LOG_DIR (Optional) The directory to keep log files in (will be prepended to --logfile) --use-syslog Use syslog for logging. --nouse-syslog Do not use syslog for logging. --syslog-log-facility=SYSLOG_LOG_FACILITY syslog facility to receive log lines --pid-file=PATH File to use as pid file. Default: /var/run/glance/$server.pid SEE ALSO o OpenStack Glance BUGS o Glance is sourced in Launchpad so you can view current bugs at OpenStack Glance AUTHOR
OpenStack COPYRIGHT
2010-present, OpenStack, LLC. 2012.1.1 March 14, 2013 GLANCE-CONTROL(1)