Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Blocked process and preempt
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Blocked process and preempt Post 302680809 by Corona688 on Thursday 2nd of August 2012 10:39:49 AM
Old 08-02-2012
Exactly.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

BitTorrent port 6969 blocked... how to get around the blocked port

Due to the massive Upload speeds killing .... or overstressing our schools network...... my school has blocked port 6969 (the most common BitTorrent port). So I cant connect to the tracker anymore, in other words no more downloading from school :( Does anyone know how I can get around the ports... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PenguinDevil
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

IP Blocked

When I try to view these forums from work, I get a message that my IP has been blocked. Please advise as to how to fix this situation. My IP at work comes from the following class B network: 128.226.X.X (Binghamton University) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: debcav
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Blocked ports

I have installed a network camera in my home which i would like to watch when i am in my office.The problem is that the specific port that is used from my camera to pass video is blocked by my isp(as most ports for incoming connections). It is not possible to change that port from my camera... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: link7722
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Date on which a user is blocked

I work on AIX 5.3 and need to know if is possible to know the date on which a user is blocked. Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmr88
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing blocked text

I do have a flat text file that are divided into blocks. Each block is demimited by '='. I would like to parse certain numbers and letters. This is the format of the file I have. It has thousands of such blocks >A B 1, 100 TTTT 100 95 >C D 1, 95 GHJKL = >A B 1, 72 GHUJKLO 72 84 >C D... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanja
3 Replies

6. Solaris

How to find blocked process in vmstat?

Hi, How to find which processes are blocked? b column in vmstat shows higher values some times(approximately 30 min) bash-3.2# vmstat 1 10 kthr memory page disk faults cpu r b w swap free re mf pi po fr de sr m1 m1 m1 m2 in sy cs us... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshsun
3 Replies
setpgrp(2)							System Calls Manual							setpgrp(2)

NAME
setpgrp - set process group ID SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
If the calling process is not already a session leader, sets the process group ID of the calling process to the process ID of the calling process. If creates a new session, then the new session has no controlling terminal. The function has no effect when the calling process is a session leader. Security Restrictions Some or all of the actions associated with this system call may require privileges. See privileges(5) for more information. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns the new process group ID. ERRORS
If fails, no changes occur and (see errno(2)) is set to one of the following values: The calling process is already a process group leader or the process group ID of a process other than the calling process matches the process ID of the calling process. The calling process does not have sufficient privileges. SEE ALSO
exec(2), fork(2), getpid(2), getsid(2), kill(2), setpgrp3(2), setsid(2), privileges(5), <unistd.h>. STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
setpgrp(2)