Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with trace file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with trace file Post 302680767 by dollypee on Thursday 2nd of August 2012 09:56:02 AM
Old 08-02-2012
Help with trace file

Hi,
I am an oracle DBA pretty new to unix. We had one of the filesystems full and a colleague cleared some stuffs to create more space. I just checked now and found there is now more space available. How do i find exactly what he cleared? We have oracle database installed and its a RAC environment. I set environment to one of the instance and checked the path for our ORA_ALERT doing:

tail **full path**/bdump/alert_BC2.log

After i did this, i didnt really find anything similar to what he did. Can someone please help?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trace connections

In my organization in order for anyone to go to any Unix server they have to go through "SERVER A" and login as themselves. Then people are free to go enywhere they please. For example: SERVER A, loggs in as himself telnets to SERVER B, loggs in as guest telnets to SERVER C, loggs in as... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jraitsev
8 Replies

2. Programming

Core file without a readable stack trace

I am using gdb to examine a core file but the output contains only the method addresses in hex. Is there anyway to translate these addresses to a human-readable form? :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciregbu
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

trace route ip

hi everybody , i have a solaris 5.6 box and i want to trace the route on an ip i treid traceroute but soalris 5.6 does not support it ... is there a command that can be used equivelent to traceroute ? thanks for your help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to trace a user

on HP-Unix how can i trace user for example "xxx999" ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: salhoub
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Log Trace

Hi I would like to display only error messages from my log files while monotring application on my solaris box using tail command. Is there other way we can monitor please let me know? In general # tail -f "xyz.log' ---> this will display current activity of the logs, instead i would like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkrishnag
4 Replies

6. AIX

How to trace file sytem size change?

I need write a script to trace filesystem size change, such as /home will increase some size and then release some space. I don't know when increase happen. I want to get the size before increase and the size after release. How to write this script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with filtering trace file through grep

Hi, I am using NS2 and i need to filter a trace file (part of which is shown below): - 33.91576 2 3 tcp 1040 ------- 1 0.0 4.0 1115 2258 r 33.918907 4 3 ack 40 ------- 1 4.0 0.0 1107 2272 + 33.918907 3 2 ack 40 ------- 1 4.0 0.0 1107 2272 - 33.918907 3 2 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqibshah
5 Replies

8. AIX

Trace su to root

Hi, is it possible to trace everything about user that changes from its own user to root user, failed and successful attempts (I would need user and IP address of user that was trying to do that)? I tried adding auth.notice and auth.info in syslog.conf but it only tracks user withoud IP... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprehodec
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk script to find repeated IP adress from trace file (.tr)

+ 8.00747 /NodeList/0/DeviceList/0/$ns3::PointToPointNetDevice/TxQueue/Enqueue ns3::PppHeader (Point-to-Point Protocol: IP (0x0021)) ns3::Ipv4Header (tos 0x0 DSCP Default ECN Not-ECT ttl 63 id 0 protocol 17 offset (bytes) 0 flags length: 540 10.1.3.3 > 10.1.2.4) ns3::UdpHeader (length: 520 49153 >... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nipa
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Some trace file to track timings of a process

I will initiate a process from Server1 and the flow is as follow Server1 --> Web server --> Application server --> DB Server Note all seperate unix servers. Now I need to put a trace for that process to track the timings from each server. Like the below trace should be there: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saraperu
5 Replies
CPANPLUS::inc(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					CPANPLUS::inc(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::inc DESCRIPTION
OBSOLETE NAME
CPANPLUS::inc - runtime inclusion of privately bundled modules SYNOPSIS
### set up CPANPLUS::inc to do it's thing ### BEGIN { use CPANPLUS::inc }; ### enable debugging ### use CPANPLUS::inc qw[DEBUG]; DESCRIPTION
This module enables the use of the bundled modules in the "CPANPLUS/inc" directory of this package. These modules are bundled to make sure "CPANPLUS" is able to bootstrap itself. It will do the following things: Put a coderef at the beginning of @INC This allows us to decide which module to load, and where to find it. For details on what we do, see the "INTERESTING MODULES" section below. Also see the "CAVEATS" section. Add the full path to the "CPANPLUS/inc" directory to "$ENV{PERL5LIB". This allows us to find our bundled modules even if we spawn off a new process. Although it's not able to do the selective loading as the coderef in @INC could, it's a good fallback. METHODS
CPANPLUS::inc->inc_path() Returns the full path to the "CPANPLUS/inc" directory. CPANPLUS::inc->my_path() Returns the full path to be added to @INC to load "CPANPLUS::inc" from. CPANPLUS::inc->installer_path() Returns the full path to the "CPANPLUS/inc/installers" directory. CPANPLUS::inc->original_perl5lib Returns the value of $ENV{PERL5LIB} the way it was when "CPANPLUS::inc" got loaded. CPANPLUS::inc->original_perl5opt Returns the value of $ENV{PERL5OPT} the way it was when "CPANPLUS::inc" got loaded. CPANPLUS::inc->original_inc Returns the value of @INC the way it was when "CPANPLUS::inc" got loaded. CPANPLUS::inc->limited_perl5opt(@modules); Returns a string you can assign to $ENV{PERL5OPT} to have a limited include facility from "CPANPLUS::inc". It will roughly look like: -I/path/to/cpanplus/inc -MCPANPLUS::inc=module1,module2 CPANPLUS::inc->interesting_modules() Returns a hashref with modules we're interested in, and the minimum version we need to find. It would looks something like this: { File::Fetch => 0.06, IPC::Cmd => 0.22, .... } INTERESTING MODULES
"CPANPLUS::inc" doesn't even bother to try find and find a module it's not interested in. A list of interesting modules can be obtained using the "interesting_modules" method described above. Note that all subclassed modules of an "interesting module" will also be attempted to be loaded, but a version will not be checked. When it however does encounter a module it is interested in, it will do the following things: Loop over your @INC And for every directory it finds there (skipping all non directories -- see the "CAVEATS" section), see if the module requested can be found there. Check the version on every suitable module found in @INC After a list of modules has been gathered, the version of each of them is checked to find the one with the highest version, and return that as the module to "use". This enables us to use a recent enough version from our own bundled modules, but also to use a newer module found in your path instead, if it is present. Thus having access to bugfixed versions as they are released. If for some reason no satisfactory version could be found, a warning will be emitted. See the "DEBUG" section for more details on how to find out exactly what "CPANPLUS::inc" is doing. DEBUG
Since this module does "Clever Things" to your search path, it might be nice sometimes to figure out what it's doing, if things don't work as expected. You can enable a debug trace by calling the module like this: use CPANPLUS::inc 'DEBUG'; This will show you what "CPANPLUS::inc" is doing, which might look something like this: CPANPLUS::inc: Found match for 'Params::Check' in '/opt/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3' with version '0.07' CPANPLUS::inc: Found match for 'Params::Check' in '/my/private/lib/CPANPLUS/inc' with version '0.21' CPANPLUS::inc: Best match for 'Params::Check' is found in '/my/private/lib/CPANPLUS/inc' with version '0.21' CAVEATS
This module has 2 major caveats, that could lead to unexpected behaviour. But currently I don't know how to fix them, Suggestions are much welcomed. On multiple "use lib" calls, our coderef may not be the first in @INC If this happens, although unlikely in most situations and not happening when calling the shell directly, this could mean that a lower (too low) versioned module is loaded, which might cause failures in the application. Non-directories in @INC Non-directories are right now skipped by CPANPLUS::inc. They could of course lead us to newer versions of a module, but it's too tricky to verify if they would. Therefor they are skipped. In the worst case scenario we'll find the sufficing version bundled with CPANPLUS. perl v5.10.0 2007-12-18 CPANPLUS::inc(3pm)