Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to find the SAN path?
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to find the SAN path? Post 302680753 by mark54g on Thursday 2nd of August 2012 09:18:26 AM
Old 08-02-2012
Actually, another way would to run check your /dev/disk directory for UUIDs that overlap (also run blkid) because much of how your multipath setup works is dependent on the driver you are using.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Thoughts/experiences of SAN attaching V880 to EMC SAN

Hi everyone, I wonder if I can canvas any opinions or thoughts (good or bad) on SAN attaching a SUN V880/490 to an EMC Clarion SAN? At the moment the 880 is using 12 internal FC-AL disks as a db server and seems to be doing a pretty good job. It is not I/O, CPU or Memory constrained and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: si_linux
2 Replies

2. Solaris

2 x HBA, connected to a SAN, but no Multi path software - What happens ?

Hi there Now, Ive always support servers that used multi path software with dual cards, e.g. powerpath (emc ) / MPXIO. I got asked a question today, that if a solaris 8/9/10 host had 2 HBA cards, but no multipathing software, what would happen ?? Does the HBA card with the highest id on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
2 Replies

3. AIX

can't find a LTO3 drive through SAN,pls help!

Hi,everyone the situation is: at the very beginning ,through cfgmgr i find all LTO3 drives and 9840D drives. Then, some guy changed the device id(loop id) of all the stk drives on the tape lib panel. This time, i ran the cfgmgr but got nothing. so i asked that guy to change the loop id... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzisking
2 Replies

4. AIX

How to find the status of SAN Disc through command prompt

How to find the status of SAN Disc through command prompt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
1 Replies

5. AIX

Find information for Host and SAN disconnect

Can someone point me in the right direction as to where I can find information on how to cleanly disconnect my AIX 5.3 host from our DS/4200 SAN. I have to do a firmware upgrade on the SAN. -Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tfort73
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Find Brocade SAN switch’s IP in Sun server?

We have a Sun M5000 connecting to a Brocade SAN switch. I don't know the IP of the Brocade switch and don't want to use its serial port to get the info. How can I find the IP of the Brocade switch under Solaris 10? Snoop is not supported by Solaris multipathing. What other tools can I use to find... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to check the SAN dual path.

Hello, I would like to create a shell script which would check whether the hosts have SAN dual path or not. If yes, then I should get a success message, else should get a list of hosts on which SAN dual path is not working. Thanks.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find . -printf" without prepended "." path? Getting path to current working directory?

If I enter (simplified): find . -printf "%p\n" then all files in the output are prepended by a "." like ./local/share/test23.log How can achieve that a.) the leading "./" is omitted and/or b.) the full path to the current directory is inserted (enclosed by brackets and a blank)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstein
1 Replies

9. Linux

How to Find out if an HP/Linux uses SAN or not?

Is there a command I can run on my HP /LINUX to see if uses SAN? This command work son AIX ls -al /DEV/rdsk however it does not work on HP Linux. Please let me know? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
4 Replies

10. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Faster way: SAN hd to SAN hd copying

hi! i got a rhel 6.3 host that already have an xfs filesystem mounted from a SAN (let's call it SAN-1) whose size is 9TB. i will be receiving another SAN (let's call it SAN-2) storage of 15TB size. this new addition is physically on another SAN storage. SAN-1 is on a Pillar storage while the new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rino19ny
6 Replies
which(1)						      General Commands Manual							  which(1)

NAME
which - locate a program file including aliases and paths SYNOPSIS
[name...] DESCRIPTION
For each name given, searches for the file that would be executed if name were given as a command, and displays the absolute path of that file. Each argument is expanded if it is aliased, and searched for along the user's path. Both aliases and path are determined by sourc- ing (executing) the user's file. DIAGNOSTICS
A diagnostic is given for names that are aliased to more than a single word, or if an executable file with the argument name was not found in the path. EXAMPLES
The command: specifies where the executable program of the sh(1) command is found. For example, the response might be: if the sh(1) being used is located in WARNINGS
reports aliases even when not invoked from csh. cannot find built-in commands (e.g., jobs). information may be incorrect because it is unaware of any path or alias changes that have occurred in the current shell session. AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
source of aliases and path values which(1)