Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Last weeks date
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Last weeks date Post 302680409 by Chubler_XL on Wednesday 1st of August 2012 08:25:59 PM
Old 08-01-2012
Try:
Code:
$ perl -e 'use POSIX strftime; print POSIX::strftime("%d/%m/%Y\n", localtime(time()-7*86400))'
26/07/2012

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How many weeks in a year

Hi, I search how i could do to find if a year (for example 2004, 1989, 2058) has 52 or 53 weeks... Have you a idea for me please??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Castelior
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find a date two weeks ago?

Anyone got a script or suggestion for this? I want to find the date when a parameter in days is supplied.. ie.. parameter can be any number for example 15... and the date returned should then be 15 days ago... or 31 and the date returned should be 31 days ago... Any ideas on best way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check whether the given file is 5 weeks older than current date

HI, I need to check whether the given file is 5 weeks older than current date ?? Can anyone give me the script for this ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: risshanth
1 Replies

4. Solaris

date -d "-2 weeks" on Solaris

Hi, I am trying to find solution how to get this on Solaris machine: $ MY_DATE=`date +%m/%d/%Y -d "-2 weeks"` $ echo $MY_DATE 07/01/2009 On Linux machine I can use flags like "+2 weeks", "+1 month", etc. but this doesn't work on Solaris. What is the most simplest way to write `date... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shtuks
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move log files with date and delete older than 3 weeks

I have written a script which generate one logfile on every sunday and thursday I want to move the older log files into /tmp directory befor generating new one so i used mv command like mv usr/sbin/appl/logfile.txt usr/sbin/appl/tmp 2) But when i move this file to /tmp it will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
1 Replies
Date::Language::Bulgarian(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Date::Language::Bulgarian(3)

NAME
Date::Language::Bulgarian - localization for Date::Format DESCRIPTION
This is Bulgarian localization for Date::Format. It is important to note that this module source code is in utf8. All strings which it outputs are in utf8, so it is safe to use it currently only with English. You are left alone to try and convert the output when using different Date::Language::* in the same application. This should be addresed in the future. SYNOPSIS
use strict; use warnings; use Date::Language; local $=$/; my $template ='%a %b %e %T %Y (%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S)'; my $time=1290883821; #or just use time(); my @lt = localtime($time); my %languages = qw(English GMT German EEST Bulgarian EET); binmode(select,':utf8'); foreach my $l(keys %languages){ my $lang = Date::Language->new($l); my $zone = $languages{$l}; print $/. "$l $zone"; print $lang->time2str($template, $time); print $lang->time2str($template, $time, $zone); print $lang->strftime($template, @lt); } AUTHOR
Krasimir Berov (berov@cpan.org) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2010 Krasimir Berov. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2010-12-14 Date::Language::Bulgarian(3)