Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script using Sed :Search all patterns & after the last Patter, insert a newLine with Comma Sep Value Post 302680209 by evrurs on Wednesday 1st of August 2012 12:38:17 PM
Old 08-01-2012
@Vryali,
Thanks a lot and the code worked fine. However, Is it possible to insert the text in a Alphabetical Order instead of inserting it in the Last line.

Code:
sed "$(awk -F',' '$5 ~ /.*ARS\ \(11\)/ {print NR}' test | tail -1)aTest String of text" test

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to get the last word in comma sep line

I have a file with aaa,bbb,ccc,dddd,eee,xyz aaa,bbb,ccc,dddd,eee,xyz,12345,rty aaa,bbb,ccc,dddd,eee,xyz,12345,rty,tsrt 1. line columns are not fixed 2. all words are seperated by comma what i want is always the string after last comma. regards, Senthil... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthilk615
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Script: Nested search using different patter

Hi Friends. Please have a look at dummy file. I need to extract from this file: 1. Counts of event= 2. the 2nd coulmn is unique call id of this transaction. Based on that, i have to search for txstatus= . Note: Values of event, calltype and txstatus can be anything. I want to print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsmesanju
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search alternately for patterns

hi all, I am trying to do search on a gzip file. The file has <pattern1> Data.. <pattern2> data <pattern1> data <patter2> I want to print each pattern 1 and the corrresponding pattern2. If pattern 2 fails to appear and pattern 1 appears, I do not want to print pattern1 and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baskar123
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Script Issue insert newline for a regular expression match

Hi , I am having an issue with the Awk script to insert newline for a regular expression match Having a file like this FILE1 #################### RXOER , RXERA , RXERC , RXERD .RXEA(RXBSN), RXERD , REXCD input RXEGT buffer RXETRY ####################### Want to match the RXE... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaita
38 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed insert text without newline

Hi, I use sed to insert text at beginning of a file. But sed inserts a newline after my text that I do not need. For example, I want to insert "foo" at the beginning of my file: > cat myfile This is first line. > sed -i '1i\foo' myfile > cat myfile foo This is first line. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdw
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: Multiple search patterns & print in an one liner

I would like to print result of multiple search pattern invoked from an one liner. The code looks like this but won't work gawk -F '{{if ($0 ~ /pattern1/) pat1=$1 && if ($0 ~ /pattern2/) pat2=$2} ; print pat1, pat2}' Can anybody help getting the right code? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with tar & zip only last months(say,Sep) files

Need to 1. archive all the files in a directory from the previous month into a tar/gz file, ignoring all already archived 'tar.gz' files 2. Check created .tar.gz file isnt corrupted and has all the required files in it. and then remove the original files. I am using a function to get the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prev
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

String search between patterns using sed

Hi, I am trying to find a way to get sed/awk/grep to help me find a string in a log file that exists between two datestamps and then print the preceding datestamp up to the next datestamp. Here is an example of my logfile: +++ 2013/03/28 17:01:37.085 SIGNALING HIGH ACTIVE Failure Response... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raytx
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace NewLine with comma using sed?

Hi , I have a huge file with following records and I want to replace the last comma with ',NULL'. I try using SED but could not create a correct script . In my opinion I need a script which can convert ,/n with ,NULL/n 1,CHANGE_MEMBER,2010-12-28 00:05:00, 2,CHANGE_MEMBER,2012-09-02... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajaypal
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bring values in the second column into single line (comma sep) for uniq value in the first column

I want to bring values in the second column into single line for uniq value in the first column. My input jvm01, Web 2.0 Feature Pack Library jvm01, IBM WebSphere JAX-RS jvm01, Custom01 Shared Library jvm02, Web 2.0 Feature Pack Library jvm02, IBM WebSphere JAX-RS jvm03, Web 2.0 Feature... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
10 Replies