Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users accessing temperatures under Slackware Post 302680185 by Corona688 on Wednesday 1st of August 2012 11:37:21 AM
Old 08-01-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by slak0
What I did was to write down the values in the PC Health area of bios and compared them with values from sensors.
in0: corresponded to Vcore, Temp2 is the CPU temp, Temp1 does not seem connected, and System fan does not seem connected.
That was all I could match up. Does anyone know how to cause changes in CPU Temp or of fan.
Running any CPU-intensive program ought to make your CPU hotter.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script converting temperatures.

:confused:Please I really need help with an assignment question. I need to write a script that will take the input from a file and convert the number from Centigrade(Celcius) to Fahrenheit or vice versa. Thank you so much. I really need it to be detailed. Please remember the input comes from a file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: starter101
1 Replies

2. Slackware

Skype on Slackware 64

Hi! I've downloaded the static version (skype_static-2.1.0.81.tar.bz2) and extracted it. Then I tried to start the Skype executable file (./skype) via the terminal but nothing happens. root@xxx:~# ls skype_static-2.1.0.81/ skype_static-2.1.0.81.tar.bz2 root@xxx:~# cd skype_static-2.1.0.81... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: intelfan
2 Replies

3. Slackware

Slackware

I want to know more about the Concurrency(Process Synchronization, Deadlocks) of a slackware, i know already the Concurrency but i want to know further what else is the Concurrency(Process Synchronization, Deadlocks) of a slackware. :cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: green12
1 Replies

4. Slackware

Slackware 13.

Hello everyone. I am a newbie in operating systems. so far I've been playing with Ubuntu and I like it a lot. I heard about Slackware and I wanna try it. Last night I download the iso but It didn't fit in my usb or Dvd. it is a 4.2 GB. Is there one less than 4.2GB that will fit in my usb or DVD? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: openation1
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HDD temperatures monitoring

Good day all, I am new the the shell programming and scripting world and I have a question. I need to monitor the hdd temperature of 18 different servers(each with 14 hdd) and I would like to be able to have the information displayed on a single html webpage. What would be the best approach about... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaffryn
0 Replies
ACPI_AIBOOST(4) 					   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					   ACPI_AIBOOST(4)

NAME
acpi_aiboost -- ASUS AI Booster hardware monitor SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device acpi_aiboost Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): acpi_aiboost_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The acpi_aiboost driver provides support for monitoring the hardware sensors in recent ASUS motherboards. The driver uses ACPI as the back- end to fetch sensor values and descriptions and provides its data via the sysctl(8) interface, under dev.acpi_aiboost.0 namespace. Descrip- tions for these values are available with sysctl -d. The acpi_aiboost driver typically has 7 sensors, depending on the motherboard and chipset: Sensor Units Typical Use CPU uK CPU Temperature MB uK MB Temperature VCC uV DC Core Voltage +3.3V uV DC +3.3 Voltage +5V uV DC +5 Voltage +12V uV DC +12 Voltage CPU RPM CPU Fan SEE ALSO
acpi(4), sysctl.conf(5) sysctl(8) HISTORY
The acpi_aiboost driver first appeared in FreeBSD 7.0. AUTHORS
The acpi_aiboost driver was written by Takanori Watanabe. This manual page was written by Juan Romero Pardines, who adapted the code for NetBSD, and adopted back to FreeBSD by Takanori Watanabe. BUGS
It's possible to modify voltages via the ACPI methods in the DSDT, but for now the driver only reports the sensors' values. CPU Q-Fan is another thing that is typically specified in the ACPI namespace, and in the future we should handle this feature (to enable or disable auto- matic/manual fan mode). BSD
March 14, 2007 BSD