Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users accessing temperatures under Slackware Post 302680185 by Corona688 on Wednesday 1st of August 2012 11:37:21 AM
Old 08-01-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by slak0
What I did was to write down the values in the PC Health area of bios and compared them with values from sensors.
in0: corresponded to Vcore, Temp2 is the CPU temp, Temp1 does not seem connected, and System fan does not seem connected.
That was all I could match up. Does anyone know how to cause changes in CPU Temp or of fan.
Running any CPU-intensive program ought to make your CPU hotter.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script converting temperatures.

:confused:Please I really need help with an assignment question. I need to write a script that will take the input from a file and convert the number from Centigrade(Celcius) to Fahrenheit or vice versa. Thank you so much. I really need it to be detailed. Please remember the input comes from a file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: starter101
1 Replies

2. Slackware

Skype on Slackware 64

Hi! I've downloaded the static version (skype_static-2.1.0.81.tar.bz2) and extracted it. Then I tried to start the Skype executable file (./skype) via the terminal but nothing happens. root@xxx:~# ls skype_static-2.1.0.81/ skype_static-2.1.0.81.tar.bz2 root@xxx:~# cd skype_static-2.1.0.81... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: intelfan
2 Replies

3. Slackware

Slackware

I want to know more about the Concurrency(Process Synchronization, Deadlocks) of a slackware, i know already the Concurrency but i want to know further what else is the Concurrency(Process Synchronization, Deadlocks) of a slackware. :cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: green12
1 Replies

4. Slackware

Slackware 13.

Hello everyone. I am a newbie in operating systems. so far I've been playing with Ubuntu and I like it a lot. I heard about Slackware and I wanna try it. Last night I download the iso but It didn't fit in my usb or Dvd. it is a 4.2 GB. Is there one less than 4.2GB that will fit in my usb or DVD? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: openation1
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HDD temperatures monitoring

Good day all, I am new the the shell programming and scripting world and I have a question. I need to monitor the hdd temperature of 18 different servers(each with 14 hdd) and I would like to be able to have the information displayed on a single html webpage. What would be the best approach about... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaffryn
0 Replies
ACPI(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   ACPI(1)

NAME
acpi - Shows battery status and other ACPI information SYNOPSIS
acpi [options] DESCRIPTION
acpi Shows information from the /proc or the /sys filesystem, such as battery status or thermal information. OPTIONS
-b | --battery show battery information -a | --ac-adapter show ac adapter information -t | --thermal show thermal information -c | --cooling show cooling device information -V | --everything show every device, overrides above options -s | --show-empty show non-operational devices -i | --details show additional details if available: * battery capacity information * temperature trip points -f | --fahrenheit use fahrenheit as the temperature unit instead of default celsius -k | --kelvin use kelvin as the temperature unit instead of default celsius -p | --proc use the old /proc interface, default is the new /sys one -d | --directory <dir> path to ACPI info (either /proc/acpi or /sys/class) -h | --help display help and exit -v | --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
The original version of this manual page was written by Paul Telford <pxt@debian.org> for the Debian system. Newer additions were done by Michael Meskes <meskes@debian.org>. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU GPL. ACPI(1)