Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers taking the output of awk command to a new file Post 302680069 by itkamaraj on Wednesday 1st of August 2012 07:38:18 AM
Old 08-01-2012
Code:

nawk -v da="${date}" '{fname="doc"da".txt"} $23>199 {print $0 > fname}'  doc

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

taking output in csv file from perl

Hi, I am new to perl I need to connect from linux server to oracle database and i need to query the database and take result into csv file. i try to do but i am getting this error: #!/usr/bin/perl use DBI; BEGIN { $ENV{ORACLE_HOME} = '/home/oracle/product/8.1.7'; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prakash.gr
1 Replies

2. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

getting wrong output with AWK command!!!

i have a file which gets appended with 9 records daily and the file keeps growing from then...i use to store the previous day files count in a variable called oldfilecount and current files count as newfilecount.my requirement is that i need to start processing only the new records from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh_248
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command : To print the output to a file

half of the problem is already solved with the help of bartus11 suggestion I have a txt file having rows and coulmns, i want to perform some operation on a specific coulmn starting from a specific line. 50.000000 1 1 1 1000.00000 1000.00000 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with file output awk sed command - please

Hi I have a file that contains lines starting with a particular string plus a Colon: I need to output all these lines but only what comes after the colon Can you pelase assist? Example of lines in the file: com.ubs.f35.cashequities/cashequities: 1 2 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Command understanding the output file destination in case of standard output!!!!!

I ran the following command. cat abc.c > abc.c I got message the following message from command cat: cat: abc.c : input file is same as the output file How the command came to know of the destination file name as the command is sending output to standard file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
3 Replies

7. Solaris

No output from awk command

Hi all, In my SunOS 5.10, the command awk using BEGIN option doesn't print output variables like expected here is my test: with the following code everything is alright ps -eo pcpu,args | grep "httpd" | awk ' { print $1 } ' the result is 0.1 However, with this command ps -eo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elmassimo
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command line arguments not taking

# more minusf.awk #!/bin/awk -f BEGIN { FS=":"; } { if ( $2 == "" ) { print $1 ": no password!"; } } # ./minusf.awk aa aa aa aa awk: can't open aa (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri.phani
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert title as output of command to appended file if no output from command

I am using UNIX to create a script on our system. I have setup my commands to append their output to an outage file. However, some of the commands return no output and so I would like something to take their place. What I need The following command is placed at the prompt: TICLI... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrass
4 Replies
clm imac(1)							  USER COMMANDS 						       clm imac(1)

NAME
      clm imac - Interpret Matrices (c.q. MCL iterands output by mcl) As Clusterings.

clmimac  is not in actual fact a program. This manual page documents the behaviour and options of the clm program when invoked in mode imac.
      The options -h, --apropos, --version, -set, --nop are accessible in all clm modes. They are described in the clm manual page.

SYNOPSIS
      clm imac -imx <fname> [options]

clm imac -imx fname (input file) [-o fname (name/stem for output)] [-dag fname (output  DAG)]  [-overlap	str  (overlap  mode)]  [-sort  str
      (size|revsize|lex|none)]	[-strict  num (in 0..1)] [-h (print synopsis, exit)] [--apropos (print synopsis, exit)] [--version (print version,
      exit)]

DESCRIPTION
      Use clm imac to interpret matrices (as clusterings) output by mcl using mcl's -dump ite option.

Use clm imac only if you have a special reason; the normal usage of mcl is to do multiple runs for varying -I parameters and use	the  clus-
      terings output by mcl itself.  One reason is if you are interested in clusterings with overlap; early MCL iterands generally induce cluster-
      ings possessing overlap.	Another reason is to investigate how the cluster structure associated with the MCL process evolves over time.

OPTIONS
      -imx fname (input file)
	The input file is presumably an MCL iterand resulting from the mcl option -dump ite.

-strict num (in 0..1)
	Higher values (up until 1) will thin out the DAG constructed by clm imac. The default value is 0.00001, yielding the full DAG.

-o fname (file name/stem)
	Write to file named fname.

-dag fname (output DAG)
	Write the DAG (directed acyclic graph) constructed from the input to file. This DAG is constructed according to the  structure	associated
	with  diagonally positive semi-definite matrices as described in the PhD thesis Graph clustering by flow simulation.  Consult mclfamily(7)
	for references.

-sort str (size|revsize|lex|none)
	Sort the clusters either by increasing size, decreasing size, lexicographically by the indices they contain, or use the clustering exactly
	as obtained from the interpretation routine.

-overlap mode (overlap mode)
	With  mode  set  to  cut,  remove  any overlap by allocating the nodes in overlap to the first cluster in which they were found. Mode keep
	leaves overlap unchanged, and mode split results in overlapping parts excised and introduced as clusters in their own right.

AUTHOR
      Stijn van Dongen.

SEE ALSO
      mclfamily(7) for an overview of all the documentation and the utilities in the mcl family.

clm imac 12-068						      8 Mar 2012							 clm imac(1)