Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Code to search for a phrase and run a command Post 302679843 by fop4658 on Tuesday 31st of July 2012 09:10:23 PM
Old 07-31-2012
for some reason above statement which mjf sent isn't working, as taillog is not a file, it is a log file. I somehow managed to google and found this one.

tail -f /a/b/c/xyz.log | grep 'process completed'

above statement was successful as I just tested with my requirements. So I am looking for second part which means a command should run a script as soon as it finds 'process completed' phrase in xyz.log.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

match a phrase

Hi, I have a these sentences. $sent1="Transactivation of wound-responsive genes containing the core sequence of the auxin-responsive element by a wound-induced protein kinase-activated transcription factor in tobacco plants."; $sent2="I branching formation in erythroid differentiation is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert phrase

I am converting a mysql database from myIsam to innodb. After dumping all databases to a file, I am trying to make modification: sed s/ENGINE=MyISAM/ENGINE=InnoDB/ dump_1 > dump_1_inno however, when I import the modified dump file to mysql server, I got error: ERROR 1214 (HY000) at line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredao
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting 15 characters after search phrase

I have data that looks like this: 2002 140 40800.0060 GPS 20 C1 25477810.2305 2002 140 41100.0060 GPS 20 C1 25298056.0453 I need to get data after certain pattern.. for example if i search for C1 it should return 25477810.2305 25298056.0453 To achieve this, it should: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bfr
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

regarding about the (/) in the phrase

Hello, I am trying to print lines from a text file using this command gawk '/Filename:/' 11.rtf >> 22.rtf and it work ok. but if the phrase has included forward (/) something like that gawk '/File/name:/' 11.rtf >> 22.rtf it give error . so is there any manipulation when it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davidkhan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is command line invocation of gnome-terminal to run more than one command possible?

Hello, I am trying to learn how to pass something more than a one-command startup for gnome-terminal. I will give an example of what I'm trying to do here: #! /bin/bash # #TODO write this for gnome and xterm USAGE=" ______________________________________________ ${0##*/} run... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run breath-first-search find

I am trying to look for a certain file in multiple folders. When I hit the file, I want to stop going to subdirectory. For example: /foo/.target /bar/buz/.target /foo/bar/.target I want only /foo/.target /bar/buz/.target Any ideas how:)? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: overmindxp
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for telnet and run one command kill it and run another command using while loop

( sleep 3 echo ${LOGIN} sleep 2 echo ${PSWD} sleep 2 while read line do echo "$line" PID=$? sleep 2 kill -9 $PID done < temp sleep 5 echo "exit" ) | telnet ${HOST} while is executing only command and exits. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sooda
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a phrase and pull all lines that follow until the phrase occurs again?

I want to burst a report by using the page number value in the report header. Each section starts with *PAGE NO:* 1 Each section might have several pages, but the next section always starts back at 1. So I want to find the "*PAGE NO:* 1" value and pull all lines that follow until "*PAGE NO:* 1"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

When I run the code yesterday I am getting output,when I run same code today I am getting error?

If run the below code today its creating all directory and getting output files,I f run same code tomorrow I am getting error. can any one give suggestion to sortout this error. OSError: no such file or directory : '062518'My code looks like this import paramiko import sys import os ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: haribabu2229
8 Replies
GRID-CHANGE-PASS-(1)						  Globus Commands					      GRID-CHANGE-PASS-(1)

NAME
grid-change-pass-phrase - Change the passphrase of a private key SYNOPSIS
grid-change-pass-phrase [-help] [-usage] [-version] [-versions] grid-change-pass-phrase [-file PRIVATE-KEY] DESCRIPTION
The grid-change-pass-phrase program changes the passphrase protecting a private key or PKCS12 bundle containing a private key and certificate. By default, grid-change-pass-phrase uses the X509_USER_KEY environment variable to locate the private key. If that is not set, then it looks for $HOME/.globus/userkey.pem and $HOME/.globus/usercred.p12 in succession. The path to a key can be specified by using the -file command-line option. The full set of command-line options to grid-change-pass-phrase are: -help, -usage Display the command-line options to grid-change-pass-phrase and exit. -version, -versions Display the version number of the grid-change-pass-phrase command. The second form includes more details. -file PRIVATE-KEY Change the passphrase of the private key named by PRIVATE-KEY instead of the default. EXAMPLES
Change the passphrase of the default private key: % grid-change-pass-phrase Enter pass phrase for /home/juser/.globus/userkey.pem: writing RSA key Enter PEM pass phrase: Verifying - Enter PEM pass phrase: ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of grid-change-pass-phrase: X509_USER_KEY Path to the default private key file. AUTHOR
University of Chicago Globus Toolkit 5.0.1 03/22/2010 GRID-CHANGE-PASS-(1)