Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Syntax error near unexpected token `"Hit <ENTER> to continue:"' Post 302679471 by lathigara on Tuesday 31st of July 2012 04:08:18 AM
Old 07-31-2012
Code:
12)
clear
echo "Enter model no for searching string inside makefile"
read inputs2
find /pools/home_unix/sapte/work/models/model/$inputs2 -name "makefile" | xargs grep "attr" \;
;;
echo "Hit <ENTER> to continue:"
read dummy
;;

The above is one part of my shell scrip which take model no and i want to search string "attr" inside makefile on given path i.e.
Code:
/pools/home_unix/sapte/work/models/model/$inputs2

I am getting errror near to echo "Hit <ENTER> to continue:" as below.
Code:
./menu1.sh: line 12: syntax error near unexpected token `"Hit <ENTER> to continue:"'
./menu1.sh: line 13: `echo "Hit <ENTER> to continue:"'

hope you are geting what i want to tell you. still let me know if you required any other details..

thanks prashant

Last edited by methyl; 07-31-2012 at 06:45 PM.. Reason: please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

"syntax error at line 21 :'done' unexpected." error message"

I am trying to run the script bellow but its given me "syntax error at line 20 :'done' unexpected." error message" can someone check to see if the script is ok? and correct me pls. Today is my first day with scripting. Gurus should pls help out #!/bin/ksh # Purpose: Check to see if file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibroxy
3 Replies

2. Solaris

"syntax error near unexpected token `fi' "

one of my script as follows HOME=/apps/logs mv $HOME/cron.log $HOME/cron.log.`date +%Y-%m-%d` touch $HOME/cron.log fi i am getting error as follows on the last line we are getting ... "syntax error near unexpected token `fi' " please suggest.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GIC1986
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

I have a very simple script that reads in the contents of a file (_open.txt) into an array "lyrics": #!/bin/sh # read in the text lyrics=( `cat _open.txt` | tr '\n' ' ') exit 0 It gives the following error message: ./lyrics.sh: 1: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")") I have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

> 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " error

im kinda new to shell scripting so i need some help i try to run this script and get the error code > 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " the code for the script is #!/bin/sh # # script to see if the given value is correct # # Define errors ER_AF=86 # Var is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metal005
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash (Ubuntu server): Syntax error: "|" unexpected in While-loop

Hello forum, I hope my problem is easy to solve for someone in here! My main task is to copy a large amount of imap-accounts from one server to another. There is a tool (Perl) called imapsync which does the job exellent. Unfortunately I'm only able to run it on one account at a time. After... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: primaxx
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with error "syntax error: unexpected end of file"

Hi Techies, can anyone please debug the following Script and let me know what is going wrong here. im getting the following error #!/usr/bin/bash # ############################################################################################## # # Variables # #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with FTP Script which is causing "syntax error: unexpected end of file" Error

Hi All, Please hav a look at the below peice of script and let me know if there are any syntax errors. i found that the below peice of Script is causing issue. when i use SFTP its working fine, but there is a demand to use FTP only. please find below code and explain if anything is wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error"syntax error at line 15: `end of file' unexpected"

While i m running below code, it is giving me the error"syntax error at line 15: `end of file' unexpected". Pls let me know what is wrong here..i tried many ways, but no luck dbSID="SWQE" usrname="apps" password="Wrgthrk3" count=0 while do sqlplus $usrname/$password@$dbSID... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
5 Replies

9. BSD

Keep getting error "-bash: ./.profile_z2: line 52: syntax error: unexpected end of file"

#!/bin/bash #-------------------------------------------------------- # Setup prompt # Author Zeeshan Mirza # Data: 06-08-2017 #-------------------------------------------------------- if then . ./.profile_custom_pre fi umask 022 set -o vi export EDITOR=vi export VISUAL=vi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: getzeeshan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error: "Syntax error; unexpected end of file"

Hello all, I am running a script to generate a report and mail it to an email address. When I am trying to validate whether the file is a 0 kb file, I am getting the below error. Error: "Syntax error; unexpected end of file" Any suggestions please? Code: #!/bin/sh .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pradeep_Raj
1 Replies
Bio::Search::Hit::HitFactory(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Bio::Search::Hit::HitFactory(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Search::Hit::HitFactory - A factory to create Bio::Search::Hit::HitI objects SYNOPSIS
use Bio::Search::Hit::HitFactory; my $factory = Bio::Search::Hit::HitFactory->new(); my $resultobj = $factory->create(@args); DESCRIPTION
This is a general way of hiding the object creation process so that we can dynamically change the objects that are created by the SearchIO parser depending on what format report we are parsing. This object is for creating new Hits. FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Jason Stajich Email jason@bioperl.org APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ new Title : new Usage : my $obj = Bio::Search::Hit::HitFactory->new(); Function: Builds a new Bio::Search::Hit::HitFactory object Returns : Bio::Search::Hit::HitFactory Args : create Title : create Usage : $factory->create(%args) Function: Create a new L<Bio::Search::Hit::HitI> object Returns : L<Bio::Search::Hit::HitI> Args : hash of initialization parameters type Title : type Usage : $factory->type('Bio::Search::Hit::GenericHit'); Function: Get/Set the Hit creation type Returns : string Args : [optional] string to set perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Search::Hit::HitFactory(3pm)