Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can we store a value in temp variable which can accessible? Post 302679363 by atul9806 on Monday 30th of July 2012 09:59:02 PM
Old 07-30-2012
Hi
right now, I am storing the values in a temp file and whenever the script run again , it read this file and compare the values from the first one and give me the difference of values.
I wanted to remove this temp file with temp variable. Is it possible ?

my script
Code:
vbefore=`cat temp` ## Can we replace this temp file
vafter=`db2 "select count(*) from tablename" | grep [0-9]`

diff=`expr $vafter - $vbefore

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To store the output in a variable

Hi, I am getting the following error while executing the script. Please can someone throw some light where is the problem. Many thanks. ./check: temp: not found The directory related to SEP instance 4 does not exist. The script is as follows. SEP_APP="/scp/sepx/app... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store o/p of awk in a variable

Hi , Here is my script echo 'Enter MSISDN for the Calling Number' read ms acc=`sqlplus -s testing/testing123@BP_$ARBORENV<<EOF set heading off; set feedback off; select external_id from external_id_equip_map where subscr_no = (select subscr_no from external_id_equip_map where account_no =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to store command inside a shell variable, and run the variable

Hi, I am trying to do the following thing var='date' $var Above command substitutes date for and in turn runs the date command and i am getting the todays date value. I am trying to do the same thing as following, but facing some problems, unique_host_pro="sed -e ' /#/d'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvinayagam
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setting a permanent global variable in unix accessible from any script

Is there anyway in which i can set a permanent global variable in unix, which when initialised with a value and modified during any shell script, would retain its value even if i logout and login I dont know whether i am being able to express my need clearly but basically what i want is a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut and store last value of a variable into other

Hi All, I am a newbie to unix.starting my career in unix.need 1 help from you all..pls help.. i am passing a file name "abc_delta" as argument to my script1.sh. if file name contains "_delta" at last then echo pass else fail.how to fix it. Note:file name will always contain "_delta" at... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepcarya
10 Replies

6. Programming

how to store string in variable

sorry i'm newbies c programer how to store string to variable with value flexible. example int hh=1; ---> value flexible 1,2,3,4,5; int xx=1; ---> value flexible 1,2,3,4,5; char test="value=%d and value=%d",hh,xx; --> not working char test2="value2=%d and value2=%d",hh,xx; --> not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slackman
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store the name of an extracted file to a temp file

What would be the best way to store the name of an extracted file from a tar to a text file? I want to extract one file from a tar and store the name of the extracted file to a temp file. tar -xvf tar_file.tar file_to_be_extracted (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erin00
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I store stdout in a variable?

These seems ridiculously simple but I can't get it to work. Using korn shell and I want to pass in a flag to tell my echo statements to either write to the screen for debugging or a file if not. So I have something like: if ; then logout=&1 else logout='logfile.out' fi Then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJR
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I can't store value in the variable

!#bin/bash clear var= grep @gmail.com email.txt | wc -l echo $var echo $var exit 0 OUTPUT: 1000 _ _ Where _ represent space (no value or nothing) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muhammad Rehan
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store ^M character in variable

Hi, I want to store ^M character in a variable to be later written to a file. Can you please help. TempOut="$_var1 `print '\x0D'` $_var1" ..... .... echo $TempOut >> logfile TempOut="$_var1 `echo -e '\x0D'` $_var1" ..... .... echo $TempOut >> logfile But both ways I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
2 Replies
ustrtok(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual						  ustrtok(3alleg4)

NAME
ustrtok - Retrieves tokens from a string. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> char *ustrtok(char *s, const char *set); DESCRIPTION
This function retrieves tokens from `s' which are delimited by characters from `set'. To initiate the search, pass the string to be searched as `s'. For the remaining tokens, pass NULL instead. Warning: Since ustrtok alters the string it is parsing, you should always copy the string to a temporary buffer before parsing it. Also, this function is not re-entrant (ie. you cannot parse two strings at the same time). Example: char *word; char string[]="some-words with dashes"; char *temp = ustrdup(string); word = ustrtok(temp, " -"); while (word) { allegro_message("Found `%s' ", word); word = ustrtok(NULL, " -"); } free(temp); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the token, or NULL if no more are found. SEE ALSO
uconvert(3alleg4), ustrchr(3alleg4), ustrrchr(3alleg4), ustrstr(3alleg4), ustrpbrk(3alleg4), ustrtok_r(3alleg4), allegro_message(3alleg4), ustrncpy(3alleg4), exgui(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 ustrtok(3alleg4)