Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading file contents until a keyword Post 302679337 by Chubler_XL on Monday 30th of July 2012 05:50:16 PM
Old 07-30-2012
How about:

Code:
$ sed -n '2,/^$/p' infile
PDS_JOB_ALIAS
CRITERIA_ITEM_TYPE

$ sed -n '/\[BCOM]/,$p' infile
[BCOM]
PDS_JOB_CRITERIA_ITEM
CRITERIA_ITEM_TYPE

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading specific contents from a file and appending it to another file

Hi, I need to write a shell script (ksh) to read contents starting at a specific location from one file and append the contents at specific location in another file. Please find below the contents of the source file that I need to read the contents from, File 1 -----# more... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnicky
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading specific contents from 1 input files and appending it to another input file

Hi guys, I am new to AWK and unix scripting. Please see below my problem and let me know if anyone you can help. I have 2 input files (example given below) Input file 2 is a standard file (it will not change) and we have to get the name (second column after comma) from it and append it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sksahu
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading and printing one by one contents of a file

I have a file which has following contents: localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552455.xml localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552460.xml localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552467.xml localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552759.xml localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552969.xml localhost_IP_SIP_1233026552975.xml ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Multiple files by reading a input file and changing the contents

Being new to this area .I have been assigned a task which i am unable to do . Can any one please help me . Hi I have requirement where i have input file XYZ_111_999_YYYYMMDD_1.TXT and with header and series of Numbers and Footer. I want to create a mutiple output files with each file having a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargavkr
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Report and Reading data and fetching the details from contents file

Data I was trying to write shell script which will be return the output in the below format First i was trying to do these using sed. sed -n '/.ksh/p' mainksh.ksh sed -e 's/*\(.*\)/\1/g' mainksh.ksh $RUN_DIR, $SUB_DIR and the variables which will be defined in the profile file. when i am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rameshds
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looping/Reading file contents not working

Hi, I am doing something basic, but I am missing something. Im trying to read the contents of a file and taking those values and connecting to a database. However, it only connect to one (or reads in) value and then exists. Here is what it looks like: listname.txt db1 db2 db3 Script:... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: DBnixUser
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading the contents of the file and splitting using ksh

We're using a ksh script for installing one product. I've another config file, I'd need to read this configuration file from my main script Content of the Configuration file:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bittu129
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a Keyword in file and replace another keyword or add at the end of line

Hi I want to implement something like this: if( keyword1 exists) then check if(keyword2 exists in the same line) then replace keyword 2 with New_Keyword else Add New_Keyword at the end of line end if eg: Check for Keyword JUNGLE and add/replace... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
7 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

sed replace file contents by reading from another file

Hello, My input file1 is like this by tab-delimited chr1 mm10_knownGene stop_codon 3216022 3216024 0.000000 - . gene_id "uc007aeu.1"; transcript_id "uc007aeu.1"; chr1 mm10_knownGene CDS 3216025 3216968 0.000000 - 2 gene_id "uc007aeu.1"; transcript_id "uc007aeu.1"; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh Script, Reading A File, Grepping A File Contents In Another File

So I'm stumped. First... APOLOGIES... my work is offline in an office that has zero internet connectivity, as required by our client. If need be, I could print out my script attempts and retype them here. But on the off chance... here goes. I have a text file (file_source) of terms, each line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brusimm
3 Replies
MAKE_SOCKDFR(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   MAKE_SOCKDFR(8)

NAME
make_sockdfr - Generates frozen route file for SOCKS server SYNOPSIS
make_sockdfr [infile [outfile] ] DESCRIPTION
make_sockdfr reads in a plain-text route file for the SOCKS server and produces a frozen route file as the output. Both arguments are optional. The default for infile is /etc/sockd.route; the default for outfile is /etc/sockd.fr. You may specify infile while omitting outfile, but you cannot specify outfile without also speficying infile. The contents of the frozen route file is essentially the memory image of the parsed input file. Using the frozen route file can reduce the start-up delay of the SOCKS server program since it no longer has to parse the file contents. When the SOCKS server starts, it always looks for the frozen route file /etc/sockd.fr first. If that file is not found, it then tries to use the plain-text route file /etc/sockd.route. If you use frozen route file, you must remember to run make_sockdfr every time after you modify the plain-text file or the SOCKS server will continue to use the frozen version of a previous route file. To find out the contents of a frozen route file, use dump_sockdfr. FILES
/etc/sockd.fr, /etc/sockd.route SEE ALSO
dump_sockdfr(8), sockd.fr(5), sockd.route(5) AUTHOR
Ying-Da Lee, yingda@esd.sgi.com or yingda@best.com May 6, 1996 MAKE_SOCKDFR(8)