Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help in Logic - How to move files based on a condition Post 302679277 by neutronscott on Monday 30th of July 2012 02:47:28 PM
Old 07-30-2012
if files are 20120730_abc.txt then extract the date part and use math, rather than lots of calls to date and ls. this is for bash.

Code:
for f in "$COMMON_TMP"/*_abc.txt; do
        d=${f%%_*}
        (( d <= start && d >= end )) || continue
        mv "$f" "$COMMON_INBOX"
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move files based on year

I have a directory which has crores of files since from 2003. I want to move only the 2003 files to another directory. Please help in doing this. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IHK
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move files based on year

Hi All, I have a directory which has crores of files since from 2003. I want to move ony the 2003 files to another directory. Please help (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: IHK
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare 2 files & get only few columns based on a condition related to both files?

Hiiiii friends I have 2 files which contains huge data & few lines of it are as shown below File1: b.dat(which has 21 columns) SSR 1976 8 12 13 10 44.00 39.0700 70.7800 7.0 0 0.00 0 2.78 0.00 0.00 0 0.00 2.78 0 NULL ISC 1976 8 12 22 32 37.39 36.2942 70.7338... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: reva
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging of all files based on a condition

Hi Friends, I am new to UNIX. I need to merge all the files(to FINAL.txt) in single directory based one condition. Out of all the files one of file will have specific value like :GF01: at any where in the file. so the file which is having :GF01: should be appended at the last. EX:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arund_01
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to move files based on name

Hi folks, I'm new here and appreciate greatly any help. I have a bunch of files that need be moved and renamed. Fortunately, they are all in sequence... Present filename and path: /.catalog1/t76038_842-01 Move to: /.catalog1/76038-01 So, we need to drop the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: axslinger
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move input file based on condition

Hello, I have File1 in a directory A, a File2 in a directory B. If the File2 is not empty Then I have to move File1 from directory A to a directory archive Else no action. Is it possible to do this from one command line? Thank you in advance for your answers. Madi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngelMady
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files to another directory based on name

Hi Folks, I have different type of file in my current directory. From my current directory i need to move the file which is start with csp_rules and if the file is having the string payg , then I need to move all this files to another directory /output/record. Please help me how to do this? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh01_apk
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving files based on condition

hi i have to move files and send an email and attached the bad files to inform the developer about that. #!/bin/ksh BASE_DIR=/data/SrcFiles cd $BASE_DIR ## finding the files from work directory which are changed in 1 day find -type f -name "*.csv" –ctime 0 > /home/mydir/flist.txt ##... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: awais290
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files based on status

Hi UNIX Experts, Kindly help me in this requirement where i want to move files based on its status. For Eg: I have 3 dir's --FileBox Dir this directory will have all the files which i need to process (in informatica ETL Tool) --Succeeded Dir this directory will have files which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarinfa
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files with a certain suffix based on how many files are in another folder

Hello, First time poster. I am looking for a way to script or program the process of moving files from one folder to another, automatically, based on the count of files in the destination folder. I was thinking a shell script would work, but am open to the suggestions of the experts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: comtech
6 Replies