Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Lan card not reaching Gateway Post 302679275 by mark54g on Monday 30th of July 2012 02:38:12 PM
Old 07-30-2012
What is the output of
Code:
 netstat -nr

?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LAN Card Problem !

The Lan card in one of our UIII WS's seem doesn't work,so with ping command i can not see any of the machines in LAN and with some other tests i'm sure it's not OK. I tried to use the second card on PCI port ,but the replaced card was one of the ordinary card for PC's ...by the way after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikk
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

lan card autonegotiation?

what is lan card autonegotiation ? how to enable and disable this feature? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nabil_boussetta
2 Replies

3. SCO

LAN card problem

Dear all Im facing one problem in SCO 5.0.5 , its that in the server there are three LAN cards INTEL PRO 100 series but when we configure all the three cards then LAN stops working . self ping is possible but no one can ping the server. If we remove driver of any one card LAN starts working. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccvyas
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Does x86 solaris 9 support PCI RealTek Lan Card

Hi, i have a RealTek Lan Card on my machine. Does Solaris 9 supports this lan card . Thank You, Shafi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol8admin
3 Replies

5. SCO

lan card not detecting

hi all i have installed SCO 5.0.5 on a "Netfinity 5000" IBM server. But the OS is not detecting the lan card. how can i detect it.... help and thanks in advance . bidhayak (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bidhayakm
3 Replies

6. Programming

LAN card status Information

Please tell me API in Solaris / Linux / UNIX to get status information of LAN card. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

7. Linux

How to check the LAN card?

Hi. I have a lan card installed on my server. I want to check the duplex speed of it. How can I check it? Help is appreciated. Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Can't ping new PCI LAN card x4270_m2

Hi, I've recently moved my pci LAN card from Slot2 Slot5 on my sun x4270_m2 server (solaris 10). I've done the touch / reconfigure and devfsadm, however my issue is that im able to configure the e1000g7 port with an ip address (192.168.0.1) but if i plug my laptop (set with static ip... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kerrygold
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

PC cannot reach two lan card Linux box

we have red hat 6 linux box There are two lan card one lan card eth0 have ip 10.82.190.31/24 GW 10.82.190.254 2th lan card eth1 have ip 10.82.188.33/24 GW 10.82.188.254 I have below route ... I use two route table root@xxx# netstat -rn Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
inet_type(4)                                                       File Formats                                                       inet_type(4)

NAME
inet_type - default Internet protocol type SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/inet_type DESCRIPTION
The inet_type file defines the default IP protocol to use. Currently this file is only used by the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. The inet_type file can contain a number of <variable>=<value> lines. Currently, the only variable defined is DEFAULT_IP, which can be assigned a value of IP_VERSION4, IP_VERSION6, or BOTH. The output displayed by the ifconfig and netstat commands can be controlled by the value of DEFAULT_IP set in inet_type file. By default, both commands display the IPv4 and IPv6 information available on the system. The user can choose to suppress display of IPv6 information by setting the value of DEFAULT_IP. The following shows the possible values for DEFAULT_IP and the resulting ifconfig and netstat output that will be displayed: IP_VERSION4 Displays only IPv4 related information. The output displayed is backward compatible with older versions of the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. IP_VERSION6 Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. BOTH Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. The command-line options to the ifconfig and netstat commands override the effect of DEFAULT_IP as set in the inet_type file. For example, even if the value of DEFAULT_IP is IP_VERSION4, the command example% ifconfig -a6 will display all IPv6 interfaces. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Suppressing IPv6 Related Output This is what the inet_type file must contain if you want to suppress IPv6 related output: DEFAULT_IP=IP_VERSION4 SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), netstat(1M) SunOS 5.10 16 Jun 1999 inet_type(4)