Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Syntax error near unexpected token `"Hit <ENTER> to continue:"' Post 302679191 by neutronscott on Monday 30th of July 2012 11:36:41 AM
Old 07-30-2012
try
Code:
find /pools/home_unix/sapte/work/models/model/"$inputs2" -name "makefile" -exec grep "attr" {} +

edit: oh right. probably missing syntax before line 151. would need to see much more

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

"syntax error at line 21 :'done' unexpected." error message"

I am trying to run the script bellow but its given me "syntax error at line 20 :'done' unexpected." error message" can someone check to see if the script is ok? and correct me pls. Today is my first day with scripting. Gurus should pls help out #!/bin/ksh # Purpose: Check to see if file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibroxy
3 Replies

2. Solaris

"syntax error near unexpected token `fi' "

one of my script as follows HOME=/apps/logs mv $HOME/cron.log $HOME/cron.log.`date +%Y-%m-%d` touch $HOME/cron.log fi i am getting error as follows on the last line we are getting ... "syntax error near unexpected token `fi' " please suggest.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GIC1986
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

I have a very simple script that reads in the contents of a file (_open.txt) into an array "lyrics": #!/bin/sh # read in the text lyrics=( `cat _open.txt` | tr '\n' ' ') exit 0 It gives the following error message: ./lyrics.sh: 1: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")") I have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

> 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " error

im kinda new to shell scripting so i need some help i try to run this script and get the error code > 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " the code for the script is #!/bin/sh # # script to see if the given value is correct # # Define errors ER_AF=86 # Var is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metal005
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash (Ubuntu server): Syntax error: "|" unexpected in While-loop

Hello forum, I hope my problem is easy to solve for someone in here! My main task is to copy a large amount of imap-accounts from one server to another. There is a tool (Perl) called imapsync which does the job exellent. Unfortunately I'm only able to run it on one account at a time. After... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: primaxx
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with error "syntax error: unexpected end of file"

Hi Techies, can anyone please debug the following Script and let me know what is going wrong here. im getting the following error #!/usr/bin/bash # ############################################################################################## # # Variables # #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with FTP Script which is causing "syntax error: unexpected end of file" Error

Hi All, Please hav a look at the below peice of script and let me know if there are any syntax errors. i found that the below peice of Script is causing issue. when i use SFTP its working fine, but there is a demand to use FTP only. please find below code and explain if anything is wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error"syntax error at line 15: `end of file' unexpected"

While i m running below code, it is giving me the error"syntax error at line 15: `end of file' unexpected". Pls let me know what is wrong here..i tried many ways, but no luck dbSID="SWQE" usrname="apps" password="Wrgthrk3" count=0 while do sqlplus $usrname/$password@$dbSID... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
5 Replies

9. BSD

Keep getting error "-bash: ./.profile_z2: line 52: syntax error: unexpected end of file"

#!/bin/bash #-------------------------------------------------------- # Setup prompt # Author Zeeshan Mirza # Data: 06-08-2017 #-------------------------------------------------------- if then . ./.profile_custom_pre fi umask 022 set -o vi export EDITOR=vi export VISUAL=vi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: getzeeshan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error: "Syntax error; unexpected end of file"

Hello all, I am running a script to generate a report and mail it to an email address. When I am trying to validate whether the file is a 0 kb file, I am getting the below error. Error: "Syntax error; unexpected end of file" Any suggestions please? Code: #!/bin/sh .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pradeep_Raj
1 Replies
DH_CONFIG_MODEL_UPGRADE(1p)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       DH_CONFIG_MODEL_UPGRADE(1p)

NAME
dh_config_model_upgrade - add Config::Model based configuration merge SYNOPSIS
dh_config_model_upgrade [ debhelper options ] [ --model_name xx ] [ --model_package xx [ --model_version yy ] ] [ --edit_option "..." ] [ -p pkg ] DESCRIPTION
dh_config_model_upgrade is experimental dh_config_model_upgrade is a debhelper that will modify the package script to perform configuration merge on package upgrade. This merge is based on config-edit from Config::Model. Model information can be specified by command options or a configuration file: "debian/foo.config-model" A Model must be either : o Delivered in the package in "debian/config-model/models/" directory o Provided by another package REQUIREMENTS
For this program to work, package maintainer must ensure that: o ensure that *.postinst and *.config have a #DEBHELPER# line (if these files exist) o ensure that control file has a dependency on ${misc:Depends} OPTIONS
--model_name XX Specifies the model name (a la "Config::Model") that will be used to perform the upgrade. Without this information, "dh_config_model_upgrade" will do nothing. (shortcut "--mn") --model_for "xx yy" Specifies the package to act upon. Without this option, "dh_config_model_upgrade" will do nothing. To specify several packages, list the packages between quotes. (shortcut "--mf") --model_package XX Specifies the debian package that provide the model specified bu "-model_name". (shortcut "--mp") --model_version YY Specifies the minimal version of the package that provides the model. (shortcut "--mv") --edit_option "..." Specify a list of options or command that will be passed verbatim to config-edit during upgrade. Be sure to use quotes. -p debhelper option to specify which package(s) to act on. Usage "dh_config_model_upgrade" can be used with only command line options. For instance dh_config_model_upgrade --model_name Sshd -p openssh-server --model_package lib-config-model-openssh-perl --model_version 1.206 Alternatively, you can specify relevant information in configuration files. For instance: $ cat debian/openssh-server.config-model model_name: Sshd model_package: lib-config-model-openssh-perl model_version: 1.206 $ cat debian/openssh-client.config-model model_name: Ssh model_package: lib-config-model-openssh-perl model_version: 1.206 In this case, "dh_config_model_upgrade" will be invoked this way dh_config_model_upgrade If the model are delivered within the package, you will have to specify them in xx.install file. Here's a example based on "approx" package where the model file and the parser/writer are delivered in approx package. Debian dir contains: debian/config-model/Approx.pm debian/config-model/models/Approx.pl "debian/approx.install" contains: debian/config-model/Approx.pm usr/share/perl5/Config/Model debian/config-model/models/Approx.pl usr/share/perl5/Config/Model/models dh_config_model_upgrade is invoked as : dh_config_model_upgrade -model_name Approx debian files setup "dh_config_model_upgrade" will work if: o "control" file contains a "S{misc:Depends}" variable in "Depends" line o "rules" contains a "#DEBHELPER#" line to insert generated postinst snippet EXAMPLES
"dh_config_model_upgrade" can be called in the rules file via the dh command (no options are possible, you will have to specify "debian/*.config_model" files): %: dh --with config_model Or directly at the start of the build with build: dh_config_model_upgrade -model_name FooBar Here's an example to avoid using Augeas when upgrading build: dh_config_model_upgrade -model_name Sshd -edit_option "-backend custom" CAVEATS
Using options with a single dash (e.g. "-model_name" instead of "--model_name") will lead to ""Unknown option"" errors. ENVIRONMENT
This program will exit(0) if "DH_NO_ACT" is set or if "DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS" contains "noconfigmodel". SEE ALSO
debhelper This program is an addendum to debhelper (part of libconfig-model-perl). AUTHOR
Dominique Dumont <dod@debian.org> perl v5.14.2 2012-11-09 DH_CONFIG_MODEL_UPGRADE(1p)