Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: bourne script problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers bourne script problem Post 302679185 by Don Cragun on Monday 30th of July 2012 11:34:39 AM
Old 07-30-2012
As neutronscott points out, there is no extra space in $HOLDPATH; there is a missing space in $PATH5. Please show us all of the code that sets the value stored in $PATH5.

And, while you're at it, please change:
Code:
#                               HERE is where we need to mess with the path
                                HOLDPATH1=`echo "$HOLDPATH" | /bin/sed -e 's/\//\"\/\"/g' | /bin/sed 's/$/\"/' | /bin/sed 's/\"//'`
                                echo "HOLDPATH1=$HOLDPATH1"
                                cd $HOLDPATH
                                cd $HOLDPATH1

to:
Code:
                                cd "$HOLDPATH"

or explain why you need HOLDPATH1.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bourne mail script problem

Hey there, Just have a quick question. i've written a program and it needs to send a email to confirm it's completed. now i've done the mail -s "Subject" test@test.com the problem is the program, when run just waits. it doesn't execute the next command unless i press ^D. is there away... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priest_Ridden
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple Bourne problem

Hi, I'm a newer for this languages, and I have a log file, which is something like this: 35.75.253.207 - - "GET /products/orgonizer/title.png HTTP/1.1" 200 1555 "-" "Mozilla 1.4" Now, I want to write a shell code to accoplish like ./XXX.sh -N n n is a number by user input, the code should... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnxi
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bourne script help

I need to make a small script that figures out if a filename that the user enters is a file or a directory. and if it is a directory, how many files are in it. please point me to the right direction, I am a newbie at this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Heedunk
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

please give a bourne script to this problem

Hello all, I am new to unix and having the below problem.Any help will be appreciated. Write a Bourn shell script dTOe which takes as an input any number between 0 and 999 and prints the English value for this number. The program should display an error message when a NOT digit value entered.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raj1811
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne Script help

Hey guys, I am trying to do a bourne script to look for c files in the current directory. I had it working where it finds the files and asks you to delete them or not, which works, but if there i no files, then it comes up with errors, which iam trying to get rid of. So I thought I would do a if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pits
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sh, Bourne Problem with getting lines in a file

This is a new exercise for me 1.) Create a bourne shell script that can accept 2 arguments/parameters. Name your script as housekeep_files.sh. 2.) The script will delete the files specified in the input file (1st parameter) and will send a notification through email (2nd parameter) the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kdyzsa
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

if loop problem in bourne shell

how to use if-loop in bourne shell with multiple conditions like follows if then commands fi it gives me an error test: ] missing then i put if ] it gives me an error [[ not found kindly i need the syntex for the bourne shell (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmad.diab
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with bourne script

Hey guys not sure why but when i execute the script i get the correct result but then it says command not found not sure why can anyone see anything wrong with my code below? I just want to print how much quota i have used in my home directory #!bin/sh `quota -v | grep ^/home | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: musicmancanora4
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with bourne shell script

Attempting to write a script to eventually notify me via email for when there is packetloss across the backbone. I am looking for values greater than 0% in the mtr field. #!/bin/sh target=www.google.com date +"%D"_"%T" >> /home/rich/mtr.log echo "----------------------------------------" >>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: closedown
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne Shell - Problem with while loop variable scope.

Hello I am having issues with a script I'm working on developing on a Solaris machine. The script is intended to find out how many times a particular user (by given userid) has logged into the local system for more than one hour today. Here is my while loop: last $user | grep -v 'sshd'... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DaveRich
7 Replies
NTFS-3G.USERMAP(8)					      System Manager's Manual						NTFS-3G.USERMAP(8)

NAME
ntfs-3g.usermap - NTFS Building a User Mapping File SYNOPSIS
ntfs-3g.usermap windows-system-device [other-ntfs-device...] Where windows-system-device is the device containing the Windows system whose users are to be mapped to current Linux system. And other-ntfs-device is another device containing files which are to be accessed both by the Windows mentioned above and current Linux system. the ntfs-3g.usermap command must be started as root, and the designated devices must not be mounted. Typing ntfs-3g.usermap with no args will display a summary of command arguments. DESCRIPTION
ntfs-3g.usermap creates the file defining the mapping of Windows accounts to Linux logins for users who owns files which should be visible from both Windows and Linux. It relies on existing files which were created on Windows, trying to locate significant files and asking which Linux user or group should own them. When a Linux owner or group is requested, the reply may be : - the uid or gid (numeric or symbolic) of Linux owner or group of the file. In that situation, no more file with the same Windows owner will be selected. - or no answer, when not able to define the owner or group. In that situation another file owned by the same Windows user or group may be selected later so that a mapping can be defined. The mappings for standard Windows users, such as "Administrator" or "All Users" are defined implicitly. As a consequence a user mapping should never be defined as Linux root. When there are no more significant files, ntfs-3g.usermap create the mapping file into the file UserMapping in the current directory. This file has to be moved to the hidden directory .NTFS-3G in the root of all the NTFS file systems to be shared between Windows and Linux. This requires the file system to be mounted, but the created file will not be taken into account if not present at mount time, which means the file system has to be unmounted and mounted again for the new mapping file to be taken into account. OPTIONS
No option is defined for ntfs-3g.usermap. EXAMPLES
Map the users defined on the Windows system present on /dev/sda1 : ntfs-3g.usermap /dev/sda1 A detailed example, with screen displays is available on http://pagesperso-orange.fr/b.andre/usermap.html EXIT CODES
ntfs-3g.usermap exits with a value of 0 when no error was detected, and with a value of 1 when an error was detected. KNOWN ISSUES
Please see http://www.tuxera.com/community/ntfs-3g-faq/ for common questions and known issues. If you would find a new one in the latest release of the software then please send an email describing it in detail. You can contact the development team on the ntfs-3g-devel@lists.sf.net address. AUTHORS
ntfs-3g.secaudit has been developed by Jean-Pierre Andre. THANKS
Several people made heroic efforts, often over five or more years which resulted the ntfs-3g driver. Most importantly they are Anton Alta- parmakov, Richard Russon, Szabolcs Szakacsits, Yura Pakhuchiy, Yuval Fledel, and the author of the groundbreaking FUSE filesystem develop- ment framework, Miklos Szeredi. SEE ALSO
ntfsprogs(8), attr(5), getfattr(1) ntfs-3g.usermap 1.1.2 February 2010 NTFS-3G.USERMAP(8)