Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Please Review Our Unix/Linux Timeline and Suggest More Events and Milestones Post 302679101 by Neo on Monday 30th of July 2012 09:09:44 AM
Old 07-30-2012
Please Review Our Unix/Linux Timeline and Suggest More Events and Milestones

In case you have not seen it, we have a UNIX and Linux Timeline on FB.

If you have a few free moments, could you review the timeline and post back here in this thread with your suggestions and ideas for new entries and milestones?

Thanks!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the knowledge in UNIX? Suggest me . Please.

Hai, friends. In one exam which i have to attend in the month of january, they asked "knowledge of c and unix are required" . I am beginner to unix, even i dont know from where to start . Please suggest me what to do , to get through the exam and interview. I have already downloaded... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani_ynm
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

please suggest computer languages to create man-machine interface for Linux applicati

I am new to program development on Linux. I wonder what computer languages are easy to grasp to create man - machine interactive interface software, which can accept inputs (parameters) from usrers, and present (display) the calculation results to users. Before, I have heared about Perl,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pls review this code and suggest if it can be written in a better way

Pls review this code and provide your feedbacks to make it more efficient.I have tried to add to each section. Code ############################################################### #!/bin/ksh RRSRC=/test RREP=/test #Directories test_dir=/test #Imp Files FILENAME=/test/files.txt #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: w020637
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Query related to runlevels and milestones

Hi friends.. Please clarify my follg doubts: 1. I can easily switch from runlevel 1 to runlevel 2 or 3 by means of init 2 or init 3 commands. I can even get a gui login screen when i do an init 3 from runlevel1. 2.But suppose if I am in GUI and switched to single-user milestone by means of ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
3 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Suggest books for understanding Ubuntu Linux

recommend books to understand ubuntu ...... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vyom
14 Replies
TKILL(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  TKILL(2)

NAME
tkill, tgkill - send a signal to a thread SYNOPSIS
int tkill(int tid, int sig); int tgkill(int tgid, int tid, int sig); DESCRIPTION
tgkill() sends the signal sig to the thread with the thread ID tid in the thread group tgid. (By contrast, kill(2) can only be used to send a signal to a process (i.e., thread group) as a whole, and the signal will be delivered to an arbitrary thread within that process.) tkill() is an obsolete predecessor to tgkill(). It only allows the target thread ID to be specified, which may result in the wrong thread being signaled if a thread terminates and its thread ID is recycled. Avoid using this system call. If tgid is specified as -1, tgkill() is equivalent to tkill(). These are the raw system call interfaces, meant for internal thread library use. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EINVAL An invalid thread ID, thread group ID, or signal was specified. EPERM Permission denied. For the required permissions, see kill(2). ESRCH No process with the specified thread ID (and thread group ID) exists. VERSIONS
tkill() is supported since Linux 2.4.19 / 2.5.4. tgkill() was added in Linux 2.5.75. CONFORMING TO
tkill() and tgkill() are Linux-specific and should not be used in programs that are intended to be portable. NOTES
See the description of CLONE_THREAD in clone(2) for an explanation of thread groups. Glibc does not provide wrappers for these system calls; call them using syscall(2). SEE ALSO
clone(2), gettid(2), kill(2) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2008-10-01 TKILL(2)