Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to decompress files using gunzip? Post 302679023 by Scott on Monday 30th of July 2012 07:11:53 AM
Old 07-30-2012
-d means 'de-compress', not 'directory' or 'destination'

You can use -c and direct the output to another location.

i.e.
Code:
gunzip -c /some/file.gz > /out/dir/file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

decompress in HPUX11 by Gunzip and gzip

Hello evrebody , I have HPUX-11, i try to install "Mozilla" and "unzip utillity" I cannot decompress file (F.tar.gz) or file(F.gz) by commandes: gunzip -dv F.tar.gz | tar -xvf gunzip F.tar.gz or gzip -dv F.tar.gz |tar -xvf gzip F.gz maybe someone know What's the reason? maybe i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanly64
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Decompress a .SP file

Hi to all, I'm new in this forum and I just need a quick answer from the experts out there, I have a 2761.sp file, in short a ".SP" file, it was given to me compressed, and I need to decompress it before Monday. I saw a software named Splint, but it shows an error, a DMI error message, so I dont... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeco
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Decompress directory using Gzip

Hey there... Just has a query. I have been trying to zip and unzip a directory. I used gzip -c -r <directory> to recursively search the directory and zip it Now is want to unzip the directory, by gunzip -r <filename>.gz The problem is that the unzip creates on file with the contents... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jinxor
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using gunzip to decompress .zip file

Hi, I have a zipped Oralce software (linux.x64_11gR1_database.zip) and I need to unzip it. On the Linux server, I only see the gunzip utility listed: $ ls -ltr *zip* -rwxr-xr-x 3 root root 60320 Jan 15 2008 gzip -rwxr-xr-x 3 root root 60320 Jan 15 2008 gunzip Can I use the command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syang68
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gunzip files

Hello Everyone, I have a few files in a directory such as : abc.xyz.txt1.gz abc.xyz.txt2.gz .... .... ... ... abd.xyz.txt100.gz And I want uncompressed files such as: abc.xyz.txt1 abc.xyz.txt2 .... ... ..... .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ad23
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gunzip files

Hi ALL, Am working with the gunzip command to zip all the old files having 10 days am using the command find . -name '*.log' -type f -mtime +10 -exec gunzip {} \; am facing two issues 1.)it displays the files which are all older than a year 2.)when am trying to gunzip all the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decompress (with gunzip) recursively, but do not delete original gz file

Hi all, I have a folder hierarchy with many gz files in them. I would like to recursively decompress them, but keep the original files. I would also like to move all the decompressed files (these are very large HDF5 files with .CP12 extension) to another data folder. Currently I am using four... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gansvv
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple .gz decompress files and dump other directory

I have code below for i in *.gz; do gzip -dc $i /home/vizion/Desktop/gzipfile/; done one more for i in *.gz; do gunzip -dc $i /home/vizion/Desktop/gzipfile/; done both are getting error: "gunzip: /home/vizion/Desktop/gzipfile/ is a directory -- ignored " i have requirement below in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chenchireddy
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gunzip and edit many files

Experts - I have an requirement to gunzip and edit many files in a pair of directories. I have two scripts that work great when run separately, but I'm having problems combining the two. The goal is to gunzip the files found in the first script and pipe them to the bash/sed script and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to decompress files using gunzip?

I have compressed files under directory '/root/data' and i need the uncompressed files in another directory '/root/uncom'. I running a shell script below shell script from directory '/root/' gunzip /root/data/*.gz -d /root/uncom But this is failing with : gunzip: /root/uncom is a directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
2 Replies
COBERTURA-INSTRUMENT(1) 				      General Commands Manual					   COBERTURA-INSTRUMENT(1)

NAME
cobertura-instrument -- add coverage instrumentation to existing classes SYNOPSIS
cobertura-instrument [--basedir dir] [--datafile file] [--destination dir] [--ignore regex] classes [...] DESCRIPTION
cobertura-instrument inserts instrumentation instructions directly into your compiled Java classes. When these instructions are encountered by the Java Virtual Machine, the inserted code increments various counters so that it is possible to tell which instructions have been encountered and which have not. OPTIONS
Classes may be specified individually, or as a directory tree containing multiple classes. --basedir dir Specify the base directory containing the classes you want to instrument. This command line parameter should appear before any classes. If you are instrumenting classes in different directories, you should specify multiple basedirs. --datafile file Specify the name of the file to use for storing the metadata about your classes. This is a single file containing serialized Java classes. It contains information about the names of classes in your project, their method names, line numbers, etc. It will be updated as your tests are run, and will be referenced by the Cobertura reporting command. Default value: "./cobertura.ser". --destination dir Specify the output directory for the instrumented classes. If no destination directory is specified, then the uninstrumented classes will be overwritten with their instrumented counterparts. --ignore regex Specify a regular expression to filter out certain lines of your source code. This is useful for ignoring logging statements, for example. You can have as many <ignore/> statements as you want. By default no files are ignored. SEE ALSO
junit(1), cobertura-check(1), cobertura-report(1), cobertura-merge(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Miguel Landaeta <miguel@miguel.cc> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the terms of GNU General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. COBERTURA-INSTRUMENT(1)