Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can we store a value in temp variable which can accessible? Post 302678921 by PikK45 on Monday 30th of July 2012 04:29:07 AM
Old 07-30-2012
Have you even framed ur script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To store the output in a variable

Hi, I am getting the following error while executing the script. Please can someone throw some light where is the problem. Many thanks. ./check: temp: not found The directory related to SEP instance 4 does not exist. The script is as follows. SEP_APP="/scp/sepx/app... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store o/p of awk in a variable

Hi , Here is my script echo 'Enter MSISDN for the Calling Number' read ms acc=`sqlplus -s testing/testing123@BP_$ARBORENV<<EOF set heading off; set feedback off; select external_id from external_id_equip_map where subscr_no = (select subscr_no from external_id_equip_map where account_no =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to store command inside a shell variable, and run the variable

Hi, I am trying to do the following thing var='date' $var Above command substitutes date for and in turn runs the date command and i am getting the todays date value. I am trying to do the same thing as following, but facing some problems, unique_host_pro="sed -e ' /#/d'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvinayagam
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setting a permanent global variable in unix accessible from any script

Is there anyway in which i can set a permanent global variable in unix, which when initialised with a value and modified during any shell script, would retain its value even if i logout and login I dont know whether i am being able to express my need clearly but basically what i want is a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut and store last value of a variable into other

Hi All, I am a newbie to unix.starting my career in unix.need 1 help from you all..pls help.. i am passing a file name "abc_delta" as argument to my script1.sh. if file name contains "_delta" at last then echo pass else fail.how to fix it. Note:file name will always contain "_delta" at... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepcarya
10 Replies

6. Programming

how to store string in variable

sorry i'm newbies c programer how to store string to variable with value flexible. example int hh=1; ---> value flexible 1,2,3,4,5; int xx=1; ---> value flexible 1,2,3,4,5; char test="value=%d and value=%d",hh,xx; --> not working char test2="value2=%d and value2=%d",hh,xx; --> not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slackman
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store the name of an extracted file to a temp file

What would be the best way to store the name of an extracted file from a tar to a text file? I want to extract one file from a tar and store the name of the extracted file to a temp file. tar -xvf tar_file.tar file_to_be_extracted (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erin00
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I store stdout in a variable?

These seems ridiculously simple but I can't get it to work. Using korn shell and I want to pass in a flag to tell my echo statements to either write to the screen for debugging or a file if not. So I have something like: if ; then logout=&1 else logout='logfile.out' fi Then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJR
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I can't store value in the variable

!#bin/bash clear var= grep @gmail.com email.txt | wc -l echo $var echo $var exit 0 OUTPUT: 1000 _ _ Where _ represent space (no value or nothing) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muhammad Rehan
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store ^M character in variable

Hi, I want to store ^M character in a variable to be later written to a file. Can you please help. TempOut="$_var1 `print '\x0D'` $_var1" ..... .... echo $TempOut >> logfile TempOut="$_var1 `echo -e '\x0D'` $_var1" ..... .... echo $TempOut >> logfile But both ways I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
2 Replies
Message Framing(3)					       globus gram protocol						Message Framing(3)

NAME
Message Framing - Functions int globus_gram_protocol_frame_request (const char *url, const globus_byte_t *msg, globus_size_t msgsize, globus_byte_t **framedmsg, globus_size_t *framedsize) int globus_gram_protocol_frame_reply (int code, const globus_byte_t *msg, globus_size_t msgsize, globus_byte_t **framedmsg, globus_size_t *framedsize) Detailed Description The functions in this section frame a GRAM request, query, or reply message with HTTP headers compatible with the GRAM2 protocol parsers in GT2 GT3, and GT4. These functions should be used when an application wants to control the way that the GRAM Protocol messages are sent, while still using the standard message formatting and framing routines. An alternative set of functions in the Message I/O section of the manual combine message framing with callback-driven I/O. Function Documentation int globus_gram_protocol_frame_request (const char *url, const globus_byte_t *msg, globus_size_tmsgsize, globus_byte_t **framedmsg, globus_size_t *framedsize) Create a HTTP-framed copy of a GRAM request. The globus_gram_protocol_frame_request() function adds HTTP 1.1 framing around the input message. The framed message includes HTTP headers relating the the destination URL and the length of the message content. The framed message is returned by modifying framedmsg to point to a newly allocated string. The integer pointed to by the framedsize parameter is set to the length of this message. Parameters: url The URL of the GRAM resource to contact. This is parsed and used to generate the HTTP POST operation destination and the Host HTTP header. msg A string containing the message content to be framed. msgsize The length of the string pointed to by msg framedmsg An output parameter which will be set to a copy of the msg string with an HTTP frame around it. framedsize An output parameter which will be set to the length of the framed message. Returns: Upon success, globus_gram_protocol_frame_request() will return GLOBUS_SUCCESS and the framedmsg and framedsize parameters will be modified to point to the new framed message string and its length respectively. When this occurs, the caller is responsible for freeing the string pointed to by framedmsg. If an error occurs, its value will returned and the framedmsg and framedsize parameters will be uninitialized. Return values: GLOBUS_SUCCESS Success GLOBUS_GRAM_PROTOCOL_ERROR_INVALID_JOB_CONTACT Invalid job contact int globus_gram_protocol_frame_reply (intcode, const globus_byte_t *msg, globus_size_tmsgsize, globus_byte_t **framedmsg, globus_size_t *framedsize) Create a HTTP-framed copy of a GRAM reply. The globus_gram_protocol_frame_reply() function adds HTTP 1.1 framing around the input message. The framed message includes HTTP headers relating the the status of the operation being replied to and the length of the message content. The framed message is returned by modifying framedmsg to point to a newly allocated string. The integer pointed to by the framedsize parameter is set to the length of this message. Parameters: code The HTTP response code to send along with this reply. msg A string containing the reply message content to be framed. msgsize The length of the string pointed to by msg. framedmsg An output parameter which will be set to a copy of the msg string with an HTTP reply frame around it. framedsize An output parameter which will be set to the length of the framed reply string pointed to by framedmsg. Returns: Upon success, globus_gram_protocol_frame_reply() will return GLOBUS_SUCCESS and the framedmsg and framedsize parameters will be modified to point to the new framed message string and its length respectively. When this occurs, the caller is responsible for freeing the string pointed to by framedmsg. If an error occurs, its value will returned and the framedmsg and framedsize parameters will be uninitialized. Return values: GLOBUS_SUCCESS Success Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for globus gram protocol from the source code. Version 11.3 Mon Apr 30 2012 Message Framing(3)