Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can we store a value in temp variable which can accessible? Post 302678921 by PikK45 on Monday 30th of July 2012 04:29:07 AM
Old 07-30-2012
Have you even framed ur script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To store the output in a variable

Hi, I am getting the following error while executing the script. Please can someone throw some light where is the problem. Many thanks. ./check: temp: not found The directory related to SEP instance 4 does not exist. The script is as follows. SEP_APP="/scp/sepx/app... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store o/p of awk in a variable

Hi , Here is my script echo 'Enter MSISDN for the Calling Number' read ms acc=`sqlplus -s testing/testing123@BP_$ARBORENV<<EOF set heading off; set feedback off; select external_id from external_id_equip_map where subscr_no = (select subscr_no from external_id_equip_map where account_no =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to store command inside a shell variable, and run the variable

Hi, I am trying to do the following thing var='date' $var Above command substitutes date for and in turn runs the date command and i am getting the todays date value. I am trying to do the same thing as following, but facing some problems, unique_host_pro="sed -e ' /#/d'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvinayagam
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setting a permanent global variable in unix accessible from any script

Is there anyway in which i can set a permanent global variable in unix, which when initialised with a value and modified during any shell script, would retain its value even if i logout and login I dont know whether i am being able to express my need clearly but basically what i want is a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut and store last value of a variable into other

Hi All, I am a newbie to unix.starting my career in unix.need 1 help from you all..pls help.. i am passing a file name "abc_delta" as argument to my script1.sh. if file name contains "_delta" at last then echo pass else fail.how to fix it. Note:file name will always contain "_delta" at... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepcarya
10 Replies

6. Programming

how to store string in variable

sorry i'm newbies c programer how to store string to variable with value flexible. example int hh=1; ---> value flexible 1,2,3,4,5; int xx=1; ---> value flexible 1,2,3,4,5; char test="value=%d and value=%d",hh,xx; --> not working char test2="value2=%d and value2=%d",hh,xx; --> not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slackman
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store the name of an extracted file to a temp file

What would be the best way to store the name of an extracted file from a tar to a text file? I want to extract one file from a tar and store the name of the extracted file to a temp file. tar -xvf tar_file.tar file_to_be_extracted (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erin00
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I store stdout in a variable?

These seems ridiculously simple but I can't get it to work. Using korn shell and I want to pass in a flag to tell my echo statements to either write to the screen for debugging or a file if not. So I have something like: if ; then logout=&1 else logout='logfile.out' fi Then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJR
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I can't store value in the variable

!#bin/bash clear var= grep @gmail.com email.txt | wc -l echo $var echo $var exit 0 OUTPUT: 1000 _ _ Where _ represent space (no value or nothing) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muhammad Rehan
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store ^M character in variable

Hi, I want to store ^M character in a variable to be later written to a file. Can you please help. TempOut="$_var1 `print '\x0D'` $_var1" ..... .... echo $TempOut >> logfile TempOut="$_var1 `echo -e '\x0D'` $_var1" ..... .... echo $TempOut >> logfile But both ways I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
2 Replies
ENVSTORE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       ENVSTORE(1)

NAME
envstore -- save and restore environment variables SYNOPSIS
envstore command [args ...] DESCRIPTION
envstore can save and restore environment variables, thus transferring them between different shells. command must be one of clear Forget all stored variables eval Produce shell code for evaluation, restoring all saved variables list List saved variables in better readable format save variable [value] Save variable either with its current shell value or with value rm variable Remove variable from store Note: Only the first character of command is checked, so envstore e instead of envstore eval, envstore c for envstore clear, etc., are also valid. ENVIRONMENT
ENVSTORE_FILE The file in which the environment parameters are stored, /tmp/envstore-EUID by default, LIMITATIONS
Variable names or values must not contain null bytes or newlines. Due to limitations imposed by most shells, it is not possible to save parameters containing more than one consecutive whitespace. envstore will save and display them correctly, but unless you do IFS trickery, your shell will not be able to load them. The current maximum length (in bytes) is 255 bytes for the variable name and 1023 bytes for its content. AUTHOR
envstore was written by Daniel Friesel <derf@derf.homelinux.org>. Original idea and script by Maximilian Gass <mxey@ghosthacking.net>. SEE ALSO
envify(1) BSD
December 1, 2009 BSD