Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pipe not recognize with gawk
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Pipe not recognize with gawk Post 302678803 by beca123456 on Sunday 29th of July 2012 11:15:27 PM
Old 07-30-2012
Thanks agama !

I didn't know 2 escapes was necessary.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to recognize that the server is currently unavailable?

hi all How to recognize that the server is currently unavailable? by programatically.give some example. am using fedora5 AMD cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: munna_dude
2 Replies

2. Solaris

OS not recognize the new disk while adding

Hi all, I tried to add the new disk into veritas control.but the OS/veritas is not recognize the disk.so how i can know disk status or the disk added or not into veritas?please help me out step by step procedure.i would really thankful to all. regards Krishna (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: murthy76
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Re: How do I recognize a zombie process?

Hey Guys, I am not really new to Unix/Linux however I was never taught how to spot a zombie process. I used top to check out the processes I was running and how the resources were looking and in the upper right it said 1 zombie, I have attached a jpeg of it. Thank you in advance for your... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pikecoguy
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how does cups recognize a new driver?

hi there, i am attempting to recognize a network printer on my red hat box. i know the IP, i have procured the correct driver, however, CUPS (nor the add printer utility) doesn't recognize the driver nor the printer type. i am assuming this has to do with the location of the driver. can anyone... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickenyon
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris recognize HW Raid ??

Hardware: HP P2000 HP DL380 G7 with Solaris Software: Solaris 10 05/08 I had made a Hardware raid on P2000 and install solaris on G7, The raid card controller is working fine. How can I make the raid works on OS?? "raidclt" is getting nothing :wall::wall: Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: stanley1024
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pipe with Broken Pipe

Hi All , Is there any way to replace the pipe ( | ) with the broken pipe (0xA6) in unix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saj
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

recognize servers environment

Basically do you have any suggestions on how to advise syadmins to be more careful in accessing servers so that they would know at an instance that the server they logging in is production or not(perhaps naming convention etc, color terminal? We have recent incident of wrong restoration to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
2 Replies

8. Debian

CUPS Cannot recognize lp0

I am trying to print from Debian and receive the following message: "Unable to open device file"/dev/lp0": Permission Denied" The permissions for lp0 are 666. Advice and comments, please. :wall: Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofy613
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore Pipe in Pipe delimited file?

Hi guys, I need to know how i can ignore Pipe '|' if Pipe is coming as a column in Pipe delimited file for eg: file 1: xx|yy|"xyz|zzz"|zzz|12... using below awk command awk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS="|" } print $3 i would get xyz But i want as : xyz|zzz to consider as whole column... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to recognize the Shell?

Hello All I am working on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.1 when I logged on to the shell and then write echo $SHELL it shows me the result /bin/bash and when I write csh, the prompt changes and I feel that I am now working upon C shell but when I do echo $SHELL it shows me the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: adisky123
9 Replies
INFO(1) 							   User Commands							   INFO(1)

NAME
info - read Info documents SYNOPSIS
info [OPTION]... [MENU-ITEM...] DESCRIPTION
Read documentation in Info format. OPTIONS
-k, --apropos=STRING look up STRING in all indices of all manuals. -d, --directory=DIR add DIR to INFOPATH. --dribble=FILENAME remember user keystrokes in FILENAME. -f, --file=FILENAME specify Info file to visit. -h, --help display this help and exit. --index-search=STRING go to node pointed by index entry STRING. -n, --node=NODENAME specify nodes in first visited Info file. -o, --output=FILENAME output selected nodes to FILENAME. -R, --raw-escapes output "raw" ANSI escapes (default). --no-raw-escapes output escapes as literal text. --restore=FILENAME read initial keystrokes from FILENAME. -O, --show-options, --usage go to command-line options node. --subnodes recursively output menu items. --vi-keys use vi-like and less-like key bindings. --version display version information and exit. -w, --where, --location print physical location of Info file. The first non-option argument, if present, is the menu entry to start from; it is searched for in all `dir' files along INFOPATH. If it is not present, info merges all `dir' files and shows the result. Any remaining arguments are treated as the names of menu items relative to the initial node visited. For a summary of key bindings, type h within Info. EXAMPLES
info show top-level dir menu info info show the general manual for Info readers info info-stnd show the manual specific to this Info program info emacs start at emacs node from top-level dir info emacs buffers start at buffers node within emacs manual info --show-options emacs start at node with emacs' command line options info --subnodes -o out.txt emacs dump entire manual to out.txt info -f ./foo.info show file ./foo.info, not searching dir REPORTING BUGS
Email bug reports to bug-texinfo@gnu.org, general questions and discussion to help-texinfo@gnu.org. Texinfo home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. info 4.13 September 2008 INFO(1)