Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users accessing temperatures under Slackware Post 302678611 by Corona688 on Sunday 29th of July 2012 01:18:24 AM
Old 07-29-2012
One of them may be the board temperature. Which sensor goes where is really quite model-specific.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script converting temperatures.

:confused:Please I really need help with an assignment question. I need to write a script that will take the input from a file and convert the number from Centigrade(Celcius) to Fahrenheit or vice versa. Thank you so much. I really need it to be detailed. Please remember the input comes from a file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: starter101
1 Replies

2. Slackware

Skype on Slackware 64

Hi! I've downloaded the static version (skype_static-2.1.0.81.tar.bz2) and extracted it. Then I tried to start the Skype executable file (./skype) via the terminal but nothing happens. root@xxx:~# ls skype_static-2.1.0.81/ skype_static-2.1.0.81.tar.bz2 root@xxx:~# cd skype_static-2.1.0.81... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: intelfan
2 Replies

3. Slackware

Slackware

I want to know more about the Concurrency(Process Synchronization, Deadlocks) of a slackware, i know already the Concurrency but i want to know further what else is the Concurrency(Process Synchronization, Deadlocks) of a slackware. :cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: green12
1 Replies

4. Slackware

Slackware 13.

Hello everyone. I am a newbie in operating systems. so far I've been playing with Ubuntu and I like it a lot. I heard about Slackware and I wanna try it. Last night I download the iso but It didn't fit in my usb or Dvd. it is a 4.2 GB. Is there one less than 4.2GB that will fit in my usb or DVD? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: openation1
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HDD temperatures monitoring

Good day all, I am new the the shell programming and scripting world and I have a question. I need to monitor the hdd temperature of 18 different servers(each with 14 hdd) and I would like to be able to have the information displayed on a single html webpage. What would be the best approach about... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaffryn
0 Replies
AMDTEMP(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						AMDTEMP(4)

NAME
amdtemp -- device driver for AMD processor on-die digital thermal sensor SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device amdtemp Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): amdtemp_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The amdtemp driver provides support for the on-die digital thermal sensor present in AMD Family 0Fh, 10h, 11h, 12h, 14h, and 15h processors. For Family 0Fh processors, the amdtemp driver reports each core's temperature through sysctl nodes, named dev.amdtemp.%d.core{0,1}.sensor{0,1}. The driver also creates dev.cpu.%d.temperature in the corresponding CPU device's sysctl tree, display- ing the maximum temperature of the two sensors located in each CPU core. For Family 10h, 11h, 12h, 14h, and 15h processors, the driver reports each package's temperature through a sysctl node, named dev.amdtemp.%d.core0.sensor0. The driver also creates dev.cpu.%d.temperature in the corresponding CPU device's sysctl tree, displaying the temperature of the shared sensor located in each CPU package. SYSCTL VARIABLES
The following variable is available as both sysctl(8) variable and loader(8) tunable: dev.amdtemp.%d.sensor_offset Add the given offset to the temperature of the sensor. Default is 0. SEE ALSO
loader(8), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The amdtemp driver first appeared in FreeBSD 7.1. AUTHORS
Rui Paulo <rpaulo@FreeBSD.org> Norikatsu Shigemura <nork@FreeBSD.org> Jung-uk Kim <jkim@FreeBSD.org> CAVEATS
For Family 10h and later processors, ``(the reported temperature) is a non-physical temperature measured on an arbitrary scale and it does not represent an actual physical temperature like die or case temperature. Instead, it specifies the processor temperature relative to the point at which the system must supply the maximum cooling for the processor's specified maximum case temperature and maximum thermal power dissipation'' according to BIOS and Kernel Developer's Guide (BKDG) for AMD Processors, http://developer.amd.com/documentation/guides/Pages/default.aspx. BSD
February 23, 2012 BSD