Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Kindly check:remove duplicates with similar data in front of it Post 302678531 by rangarasan on Saturday 28th of July 2012 07:45:25 AM
Old 07-28-2012
Please use code tags to wrap your post so that future user's will get benefit:-)
Cheers,
Ranga:-)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove space in front or end of each field

Hi, I have a txt file called a.txt which contain over 10,000 records and I would like to remove space before comma or after comma....like below: The input (for example two record 00001,00002): 00001,client,card limited ,02292,N ,162:41 , 192, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh, ksh: command to remove front spaces from a string?

dear pro-coders, is there any command out there that takes out the front spaces from a string? sample strings: 4 members 5 members 3 members but it has to be like so: 4 members 5 members 3 members (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pseudocoder
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check:Remove duplicates

Hi all I have a file with following kind of data I want to remove duplicates according to first column so that output contains Kindly let me scripting regading this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check remove duplicates but write before it

Hi alll I have a file with following kind input I want in output duplicates should not be there but there should be numbering mentioned before that like (4 Replies)
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check:remove duplicates and write sytematically

Hi all I have a file with following input It contains 5 columns gene name drug drug ID disease approved Now the same gene is repeated many times with different data in column2,3 ,4,5 I want to arrange dat in such a way that there shuld be one entry in the column(no... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check:remove duplicates only in first column

Hi all, I have an input file like this Now I have to remove duplicates only in first column and nothing has to be changed in second and third column. so that output would be Please let me know scripting regarding this (20 Replies)
20 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kindly check it: Camparison of files only column1 of 2 files

Hi all, I have 2 files in which i have to find commom entries in column 1 an dif soemthing is common write other data of both files in front of it mentioned. Gene symbol and disease name column 1 column2 ARFGEF2 CAD DDEF2 CAD PSCD3 CAD PSCD4 CAD CAMK1... (15 Replies)
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

common entries of first column in 2 or 3 files:kindly check

Hi all, I have 3 files with such data first files second file third file I have to find common entries of first column in two ways 1) between 2 files (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort data by date first and then remove duplicates

Hi , I have below data inside a file named ref.psv . I want to create a shell script which will do the below 2 points : (1) sort the file content first based on the latest date which is the last column in the file (actual file its the 175th column) (2)after sorting the file based on latest date... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat dutta
3 Replies
remove object(1m)														 remove object(1m)

NAME
remove object - Removes a value from a set-valued or single-valued attribute (including application-defined attributes) of an object entry SYNOPSIS
cdscp remove object object-name attribute-name [= attribute-value] ARGUMENTS
The full name of the object entry. The name of a particular attribute. Specify only one attribute at a time. See the cds_attributes file for the list of attributes and corresponding data types that your application uses. The value of a particular attribute. The value of an application-defined attribute is dependent on the type of attribute. DESCRIPTION
The remove object command removes a value from a set-valued or single-valued attribute (including application-defined attributes) of an object entry. If you do not specify a value, the command removes the entire attribute. This command can delete attributes created by the add object and set object commands. Usually, this task is performed through the client application. See the OSF DCE Administration Guide for more information about attributes. Privilege Required You must have write permission to the object entry. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
To remove the value ps from the attribute printcap of an object entry named /.:/mlh/deskprinter, follow these steps: Read the cds_attributes file to check that the attribute printcap is listed, as shown in the following display: OID LABEL SYNTAX 1.3.22.1.3.50 printcap char Enter the following command to remove the value ps from the attribute printcap. cdscp> remove object /.:/mlh/deskprinter printcap = ps RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: add object(1m), list object(1m), set object(1m), show object(1m) Books: OSF DCE Administration Guide remove object(1m)