Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Connected and Running with half duplex speed Post 302678411 by methyl on Friday 27th of July 2012 09:08:28 PM
Old 07-27-2012
Proper fix is to get rid of "Auto negotiation" at both the Server and the Switch Port and positively set the line speed. Then cold start the Switch and then the Computer.

This problem arises from re-plugging network ports with the power on. Very bad practice. The same net-effect happens by power-cycling the Switch.

The quick fix is to power-down the server, power-cycle the Switch, power-up the server. In that strict order.
This User Gave Thanks to methyl For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

NIC speed 100M/full duplex problem

I have a TOSHIBA AS7000 B150 Sun Box I wanted to run it with 100M/full duplex I had added this to the /etc/system file to make to setting permenant So it would be set correctly on reboot. set eri:eri_adv_100fdx_cap=1 set eri:eri_adv_100hdx_cap=0 set eri:eri_adv_autoneg_cap=0 But when I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
4 Replies

2. Solaris

gigabit - fix speed/duplex on the switch ? or autoneg ?

Hi there We have a bit of a debate going here over what the prefered method is for setting 1000/Full on e1000g or nge interfaces is. As you aware the Solaris configration files for nge and e1000g dont allow you to "fix" 1000/Full but instead allow you to set auto-negotiate to ON but only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

How to find the duplex speed on Windows

Hi, In UNIX, it's very easy to find the duplex speed. But in Windows, is there a easy way to find the duplex speed? I can't go to over 100 servers to find this out, I was wondering if I run one command to do this? Please advice. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 Speed and Duplex Settings: bge

Evening, I am attempting to change the speed and duplex settings on a single interface on a bge card on an m3000 SPARC server. Currently the settings are as follows: bge0 link: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full bge1 link: up speed: 100 Mbps ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: brialt1
13 Replies

5. Solaris

How to find half duplex or full duplex

Hi, How to find whether the server is running with half duplex or full duplex. I tried with the following command ndd -get /dev/ but am not getting any output,. Is the command correct? Also let me know how to change from half to full duplex. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to change Speed Duplex

How to change Speed Duplex ! How to change Speed Duplex by command chdev -P -l ent1 -a media_speed=1000_Full_Duplex How to change Speed Duplex by Smitty . smitty chgenet -> select adapter -> change Media speed etc. -> set "Apply change to DATABASE only" to yes -> Enter -> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
0 Replies

7. Linux

Network 10Mb/s half duplex only. r8168 on Centos 5.

Hi, For some reason my network card started going 10Mb/s half duplex instead of 1000Mb/s full duplex. System is connected to 8x1Gb HP switch. Other devices connect fine through the switch and get full 1Gb network. I have Centos 5 with all updates. Driver comes from elrepo and as well is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: columb
1 Replies

8. SCO

System Clock running at half speed

SCO Openserver 6.0.0 had an issue with a NIC losing it's config on reboot. Netconfig would not allow "view protocol" and apparently zeroed out the existing IP info. Repaired from console. After this event, however, the system clock seems to lose 30 seconds for every RTC minute that passes. As a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DoublePanic
1 Replies
power(9E)							Driver Entry Points							 power(9E)

NAME
power - power a device attached to the system SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int prefixpower(dev_info_t *dip, int component, int level); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). This entry point is required. If the driver writer does not supply this entry point, the value NULL must be used in the cb_ops(9S) structure instead. PARAMETERS
dip Pointer to the device's dev_info structure. component Component of the driver to be managed. level Desired component power level. DESCRIPTION
The power(9E) function is the device-specific Power Management entry point. This function is called when the system wants the driver to set the power level of component to level. The level argument is the driver-defined power level to which the component needs to be set. Except for power level 0, which is inter- preted by the framework to mean "powered off," the interpretation of level is entirely up to the driver. The component argument is the component of the device to be power-managed. The interpretation of component is entirely up to the driver. When a requested power transition would cause the device to lose state, the driver must save the state of the device in memory. When a requested power transition requires state to be restored, the driver must restore that state. If a requested power transition for one component requires another component to change power state before it can be completed, the driver must call pm_raise_power(9F) to get the other component changed, and the power(9E) entry point must support being re-entered. If the system requests an inappropriate power transition for the device (for example, a request to power down a device which has just become busy), then the power level should not be changed and power should return DDI_FAILURE. RETURN VALUES
The power() function returns: DDI_SUCCESS Successfully set the power to the requested level. DDI_FAILURE Failed to set the power to the requested level. CONTEXT
The power() function is called from user or kernel context only. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attach(9E), detach(9E), pm_busy_component(9F), pm_idle_component(9F), pm_raise_power(9F), cb_ops(9S) Writing Device Drivers Using Power Management SunOS 5.10 12 Dec 2003 power(9E)