Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: network connection failing
Operating Systems Solaris network connection failing Post 302678137 by vpundit on Friday 27th of July 2012 09:47:33 AM
Old 07-27-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakunin
I suppose you have tried the obvious things already, just in case you haven't:

what does

Code:
echo $TMOUT

return?

How is ssh configured? IIRC in /etc/sshd_config sshd can be set to close idle connections after a while.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

hi thanks for your answer... i did try those things i don't have the output right now but I believe i narrowed it down. I believe its my bridged network. over this weekend I'm going to do some tuning Will post my findings on the problem.

I suspect its the networking just because its not just ssh, telnet rsh all timeout as well.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

new office - no network connection!

We have just moved offices and in the same week recieved a SUN box from another company site. I'm attemting to connect this SUN box to the network, but i can't see it on the network. I have modified the /etc/host file with the IP i want to attribute to the box, rebooted, but still nothing.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: colesy
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Testing physical network connection

How do you test the physical network connection of an interface in solaris. I know that if you have an active connection and the cable gets yanked, you can look in the messages file to check for link failure messages. But is there any better way to see if you have good layer 2 connectivity? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tjlst15
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

database connection failing from linux

Hi, I am trying to connect to an Oracle database using the following code : sqlplus username/password@database_name It was showing an error 'username/password invalid' But i tried: sqlplus username/password ,it was connecting now. Can anyone suggest what may be the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

network connection on ubuntu

Hi, I am using ubuntu 8.x. I am not not able connect to internet through broadband. i'm also using windows xp, there i don't have any problems. Please tell me how access the internet on ubuntu 8.x through broadband. Thanks, Achhayya:) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: achhayya
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Why network connection is down?

Hello colleague, Development department is deploying some applications on solaris machine but hence all connection goes down. Our all network connection files are correct but we can't connect with our gw. Only we can ping localhost and assigned ip address. I don't want to reboot for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
4 Replies

6. Linux

Network connection

Hi, I installed linux Fedora on a virtual machine, but the network connection is not working. All firewalls are off. Any ideas what is the problem? I am using WiFi. Thanks in advance! Regards, Atanas (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sybase connection failing through shell script

Hi All, I'm trying to connect to Sybase via shell script. i'm getting the following error. Please let me know where i'm going wrong. Note that i'm not having this issue when connecting via terminal. #!/usr/bin/bash SYBASE=/usr/sybase ISQL=$SYBASE/bin/isql export SYBASE ISQL ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Https connection to UNIX DUT failing

HI !! I have this setup where I have Windows machine and a UNIX based DUT . I try to make a https connection from my Win to the DUT giving its IP. But,it is not working (It should do). What do u think the problem is ?? I checked the logs , they flag some writesocket:broken pipe error in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leghorn
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Network Connection

Hi, Recently we faced awkward situation where we cannot connect to Oracle DB that hosted in Solaris server intermittently and it timeout eventually. The server seems fine. We can putty to server like normal but when try do prstat, it takes time and come out Please Wait.. for a while. When we go... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Using VM for Network Install Failing

If this question has been answered, please provide a link. We have several Old Solaris stations that don't have a DVD but a CD. We are required to upgrade the OS on these systems from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10, and since Solaris 10 no longer provides CD's we were thinking of doing a network... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wrongway
3 Replies
putty(1)							 PuTTY tool suite							  putty(1)

NAME
putty - GUI SSH, Telnet and Rlogin client for X SYNOPSIS
putty [ options ] [ host ] DESCRIPTION
putty is a graphical SSH, Telnet and Rlogin client for X. It is a direct port of the Windows SSH client of the same name. OPTIONS
The command-line options supported by putty are: --display display-name Specify the X display on which to open putty. (Note this option has a double minus sign, even though none of the others do. This is because this option is supplied automatically by GTK. Sorry.) -fn font-name Specify the font to use for normal text displayed in the terminal. -fb font-name Specify the font to use for bold text displayed in the terminal. If the BoldAsColour resource is set to 1 (the default), bold text will be displayed in different colours instead of a different font, so this option will be ignored. If BoldAsColour is set to 0 and you do not specify a bold font, putty will overprint the normal font to make it look bolder. -fw font-name Specify the font to use for double-width characters (typically Chinese, Japanese and Korean text) displayed in the terminal. -fwb font-name Specify the font to use for bold double-width characters (typically Chinese, Japanese and Korean text). Like -fb, this will be ignored unless the BoldAsColour resource is set to 0. -geometry geometry Specify the size of the terminal, in rows and columns of text. See X(7) for more information on the syntax of geometry specifica- tions. -sl lines Specify the number of lines of scrollback to save off the top of the terminal. -fg colour Specify the foreground colour to use for normal text. -bg colour Specify the background colour to use for normal text. -bfg colour Specify the foreground colour to use for bold text, if the BoldAsColour resource is set to 1 (the default). -bbg colour Specify the foreground colour to use for bold reverse-video text, if the BoldAsColour resource is set to 1 (the default). (This colour is best thought of as the bold version of the background colour; so it only appears when text is displayed in the background colour.) -cfg colour Specify the foreground colour to use for text covered by the cursor. -cbg colour Specify the background colour to use for text covered by the cursor. In other words, this is the main colour of the cursor. -title title Specify the initial title of the terminal window. (This can be changed under control of the server.) -sb- or +sb Tells putty not to display a scroll bar. -sb Tells putty to display a scroll bar: this is the opposite of -sb-. This is the default option: you will probably only need to spec- ify it explicitly if you have changed the default using the ScrollBar resource. -log filename This option makes putty log all the terminal output to a file as well as displaying it in the terminal. -cs charset This option specifies the character set in which putty should assume the session is operating. This character set will be used to interpret all the data received from the session, and all input you type or paste into putty will be converted into this character set before being sent to the session. Any character set name which is valid in a MIME header (and supported by putty) should be valid here (examples are `ISO-8859-1', `windows-1252' or `UTF-8'). Also, any character encoding which is valid in an X logical font description should be valid (`ibm- cp437', for example). putty's default behaviour is to use the same character encoding as its primary font. If you supply a Unicode (iso10646-1) font, it will default to the UTF-8 character set. Character set names are case-insensitive. -nethack Tells putty to enable NetHack keypad mode, in which the numeric keypad generates the NetHack hjklyubn direction keys. This enables you to play NetHack with the numeric keypad without having to use the NetHack number_pad option (which requires you to press `n' before any repeat count). So you can move with the numeric keypad, and enter repeat counts with the normal number keys. -help, --help Display a message summarizing the available options. -pgpfp Display the fingerprints of the PuTTY PGP Master Keys, to aid in verifying new files released by the PuTTY team. -load session Load a saved session by name. This allows you to run a saved session straight from the command line without having to go through the configuration box first. -ssh, -telnet, -rlogin, -raw, -serial Select the protocol putty will use to make the connection. -l username Specify the username to use when logging in to the server. -L [srcaddr:]srcport:desthost:destport Set up a local port forwarding: listen on srcport (or srcaddr:srcport if specified), and forward any connections over the SSH con- nection to the destination address desthost:destport. Only works in SSH. -R [srcaddr:]srcport:desthost:destport Set up a remote port forwarding: ask the SSH server to listen on srcport (or srcaddr:srcport if specified), and to forward any con- nections back over the SSH connection where the client will pass them on to the destination address desthost:destport. Only works in SSH. -D [srcaddr:]srcport Set up dynamic port forwarding. The client listens on srcport (or srcaddr:srcport if specified), and implements a SOCKS server. So you can point SOCKS-aware applications at this port and they will automatically use the SSH connection to tunnel all their connec- tions. Only works in SSH. -P port Specify the port to connect to the server on. -A, -a Enable (-A) or disable (-a) SSH agent forwarding. Currently this only works with OpenSSH and SSH-1. -X, -x Enable (-X) or disable (-x) X11 forwarding. -T, -t Enable (-t) or disable (-T) the allocation of a pseudo-terminal at the server end. -C Enable zlib-style compression on the connection. -1, -2 Select SSH protocol version 1 or 2. -i keyfile Specify a private key file to use for authentication. For SSH-2 keys, this key file must be in PuTTY's format, not OpenSSH's or any- one else's. -sercfg configuration-string Specify the configuration parameters for the serial port, in -serial mode. configuration-string should be a comma-separated list of configuration parameters as follows: o Any single digit from 5 to 9 sets the number of data bits. o `1', `1.5' or `2' sets the number of stop bits. o Any other numeric string is interpreted as a baud rate. o A single lower-case letter specifies the parity: `n' for none, `o' for odd, `e' for even, `m' for mark and `s' for space. o A single upper-case letter specifies the flow control: `N' for none, `X' for XON/XOFF, `R' for RTS/CTS and `D' for DSR/DTR. SAVED SESSIONS
Saved sessions are stored in a .putty/sessions subdirectory in your home directory. MORE INFORMATION
For more information on PuTTY, it's probably best to go and look at the manual on the web page: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/ BUGS
This man page isn't terribly complete. PuTTY tool suite 2004-03-24 putty(1)