Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Cannot install gedit-plugins-2.16.0 on RHEL 5.7 (Tikanga) Post 302677899 by imperialguy on Thursday 26th of July 2012 10:27:34 PM
Old 07-26-2012
Network Cannot install gedit-plugins-2.16.0 on RHEL 5.7 (Tikanga)

I am trying to compile the gedit plugins with gedit 2.16.0 and RHEL 5.7 (arch: i386). I downloaded the package and followed the instruction in README:

The error output:
Code:
checking for GEDIT... configure: error: Package requirements (
glib-2.0 >= 2.8.0
gtk+-2.0 >= 2.8.0
gtksourceview-1.0 >= 1.2.0
gedit-2.16 >= 2.16.0
libglade-2.0 >= 2.4.0
gnome-vfs-2.0 >= 2.13.4
) were not met:

No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
No package 'gtksourceview-1.0' found
No package 'gedit-2.16' found
No package 'libglade-2.0' found
No package 'gnome-vfs-2.0' found

Please help!!

I understand that this thread is exactly the same on the internet but I don't see any solution in that thread about how to install these packages. Please help me with the procedure to install the above packages. I couldn't find the right ones.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

nagios-plugins-1.4.15 Install Problem on Solaris 10

I am trying to install nagios-plugins-1.4.15 on a Solaris 10 box and when I run the ./configure script I get this error: checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... configure: error: no acceptable grep could be found in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thatwaseasy
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

How to install RHCS on RHEL 6.1

Hi , I want to install RHCS on a remote RHEL machine. This machine is in amazon ec2, is there any way to do it without accessing the media? # cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.1 (Santiago) Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sussus2326
1 Replies

3. Linux

Steps to install RHEL 6.0

I wanted clarity on the steps to install RHEL 6.0. The steps are as follows:- 1) Download the ISO image from the Red Hat site. 2) Burn it into DVD. 3) Download boot.iso from Red Hat (Is this step required or ISO image can install RHEL 6.0 by itself?) 4) Start installation from DVD. Request... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to Install JCAPS on RHEL 5.4 OS?

Hello Geeks, I would like to know the procedure and the commands which are used for this. Thanks for your time. Thanks, NaReN (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren nandale
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

INSTALL RPM's IN RHEL 5.5

After checking the dependencies from below command:- yum deplist gcc Update:- Now when I tried to install the very first dependency , it gave the below error, I guess something is wrong with YUM server itself :P ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manish131081
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Is it possible to install RHEL 7 on top of RHEL 6?

Hi We have RHEL 6.7 on an HP physical server and want to install RHEL 7 (not upgrade) on top of it by means of virtualization. Is it possible to install/configure RHEV/KVM virtualization on base RHEL 6.7 OS instance and then install RHEL 7 as a VM guest on it? If yes, could you please guide me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magnus29
1 Replies
UPDATE-DESKTOP-DATABASE(1)				      General Commands Manual					UPDATE-DESKTOP-DATABASE(1)

NAME
update-desktop-database - Build cache database of MIME types handled by desktop files SYNOPSIS
update-desktop-database [-q|--quiet] [-v|--verbose] [DIRECTORY...] DESCRIPTION
The update-desktop-database program is a tool to build a cache database of the MIME types handled by desktop files. The cache database contains the list of MIME types that can be handled by desktop files, as well as, for each MIME type, a list of desktop files that can handle this MIME type. This cache database ease the work of applications that need to find an application that can open a document of a specific MIME type: those applications will not have to parse all the desktop files existing on the system, and can instead parse this cache database. If no DIRECTORY is specified as argument, the desktop files that will be processed are the ones installed in $XDG_DATA_DIRS/applications. If both the --quiet and --verbose options are used, then --verbose will be ignored. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -q, --quiet Do not display any information about processing and updating progress. -v, --verbose Display more information about processing and updating progress. NOTES
If an invalid MIME type is met, it will be ignored and the creation of the cache database will continue. The format of the cache database is a simple desktop entry format, with a MIME Cache group, containing one key per MIME type. The key name is the MIME type, and the key value is the list of desktop file that can handle this MIME type. The order of the desktop files found for a MIME type is not significant. Therefore, an external mechanism must be used to determine what is the preferred desktop file for a MIME type. EXAMPLE
Here is a simple example of a cache database: [MIME Cache] application/x-shellscript=gedit.desktop; text/plain=gedit.desktop;gvim.desktop; video/webm=totem.desktop; This cache database is created with three desktop files, each containing a MimeType key: gedit.desktop: MimeType=text/plain;application/x-shellscript; gvim.desktop: MimeType=text/plain; totem.desktop: MimeType=video/webm; FILES
$XDG_DATA_DIRS/applications/mimeinfo.cache This file is the cache database created by update-desktop-database. BUGS
If you find bugs in the update-desktop-database program, please report these on https://bugs.freedesktop.org. FREEDESKTOP.ORG UPDATE-DESKTOP-DATABASE(1)