Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Save output to file - inside a script ? Post 302677809 by marmellata on Thursday 26th of July 2012 05:02:25 PM
Old 07-26-2012
ok

as regard crontab I could solve the problem. Script now works but storing plain text password into the script is not so well done.

I'm not sure passwordless ssh can be used on cisco router/firewall.. at least I couldnt find anything..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

terminal output - save to file?

I have a window open on my ultra 10 - a terminal window connecting to a server. Is there any way I can log all output to this window to a log file on my ultra 10 ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get the output of a grep command to a file inside a shell script

hi, i wat to get the output of a grep command in a file. but when i am trying out the same grep command in the unix prompt its working fine.. i am getting the output properly.. but when i am writing the same command inside my shell script , its just creating a new output file with no contents... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to redirect the output of a grep command to a file inside a shell script

hi, i wat to get the output of a grep command in a file. but when i am trying out the same grep command in the unix prompt its working fine.. i am getting the output properly.. but when i am writing the same command inside my shell script , its just creating a new output file with no contents... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save cURL verbose output to file or do it like browser "save as.."

hi there ! i have exactly the same problem like this guy here https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/127668-getting-curl-output-verbose-file.html i am not able to save the curl verbose output.. the sollution in this thread (redirecting stderr to a file) does not work for me.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crabmeat
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write Awk output to a file , inside script.

Hi, Can anyone please help me with this issue. I have a Awk command which take file as input, and provides the output having multiple lines, its working in command mode, but not if i plug it in script. #!/bin/ksh infile=a.txt outfile=b.txt awk ' BEGIN{ FS=OFS="|";ORS = "\n";... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sp999
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to save the 'nmon' output to a text file with a script?

Hi all, I want to do an Unix Script to save the 'nmon' output on a text file and I don't know how to do it. I need a Script for each monitoring and also one to multiple monitorings. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Javi1990
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to save sorted content of a inside the same file?

Hi All, When i use sort Test, here is the output: $ sort Test a b b c d e f g h i But the contents in the file remain unsorted, how to do that? ]$ cat Test g i (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrakanth
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save value from output of Corestat and save in a list for each core

I am trying to modify the "corestat v1.1" code which is in Perl.The typical output of this code is below: Core Utilization CoreId %Usr %Sys %Total ------ ----- ----- ------ 5 4.91 0.01 4.92 6 0.06 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need to save output of echo and awk to a file

Hi, I am generating a YAML file from a hosts file, but am having trouble saving it to a new file. hosts file 127.0.0.1 localhost 192.168.1.2 host1 192.168.1.3 host2 192.168.1.4 host3 192.168.1.5 host4 YAML file $ echo 'host_entries:' && awk '{printf " %s:\n ip:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sand1234
3 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)