Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Adding Color using More
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Adding Color using More Post 302677787 by metallica1973 on Thursday 26th of July 2012 04:31:53 PM
Old 07-26-2012
Many thanks

added alias grep='grep --color=always' to my .bashrc, sourced it.

worked like a charm:

Code:
cat file |grep -i 'blind\ SQL\ injection\ vulnerability'|more

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Adding Color to bash

Hey everyone, I have come across an issue to where I am trying to create a script which changes the text color with a simple if then statement. I have seen it done with Fedora 8 but when I try and create it using my MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard it doesn't work. Funny thing is, when I use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dachadster13
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color)

Hello, I am using RHEL 6.1 on VMware I am searching for a way to change background color (not line by line color wich one can using tput command) basically changing the color of the whole screen to white instead of the default black and changing font color to black and alos would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dexobox
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gawk adding color

I want to know if there is any way to highlight search results using GAWK. So for example: gawk '{IGNORECASE=1;} /^<a/&&/\$/' index.html <a class=author href="http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=10&amp;amp;catAbb=sss&amp;amp;query=ps vita" title="craigslist washington, DC | all for sale... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
3 Replies
Imager::Color::Float(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Imager::Color::Float(3pm)

NAME
Imager::Color::Float - Rough floating point sample color handling SYNOPSIS
$color = Imager::Color->new($red, $green, $blue); $color = Imager::Color->new($red, $green, $blue, $alpha); $color = Imager::Color->new("#C0C0FF"); # html color specification $color->set($red, $green, $blue); $color->set($red, $green, $blue, $alpha); $color->set("#C0C0FF"); # html color specification ($red, $green, $blue, $alpha) = $color->rgba(); @hsv = $color->hsv(); # not implemented but proposed $color->info(); DESCRIPTION
This module handles creating color objects used by Imager. The idea is that in the future this module will be able to handle color space calculations as well. A floating point Imager color consists of up to four components, each in the range 0.0 to 1.0. Unfortunately the meaning of the components can change depending on the type of image you're dealing with: o for 3 or 4 channel images the color components are red, green, blue, alpha. o for 1 or 2 channel images the color components are gray, alpha, with the other two components ignored. An alpha value of zero is fully transparent, an alpha value of 1.0 is fully opaque. METHODS
new This creates a color object to pass to functions that need a color argument. set This changes an already defined color. Note that this does not affect any places where the color has been used previously. rgba() This returns the red, green, blue and alpha channels of the color the object contains. info Calling info merely dumps the relevant color to the log. AUTHOR
Arnar M. Hrafnkelsson, addi@umich.edu And a great deal of help from others - see the "README" for a complete list. SEE ALSO
Imager(3), Imager::Color. http://imager.perl.org/ perl v5.14.2 2011-06-06 Imager::Color::Float(3pm)