Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming gfortran 4.7, no support for qfloat? Post 302677711 by Corona688 on Thursday 26th of July 2012 02:29:01 PM
Old 07-26-2012
All the documentation I can find says that qfloat isn't implemented in GNU fortran.

Most of the other documentation I can find is related to IBM XL fortran, which I'm guessing is where you qfloat's come from.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

AMBER md/g95/gfortran issue

Hi, i am trying to install AMBER10 which is a molecular dynamcis package onto two linux red hat pcs. I can successfully install the tools that comes with which uses gcc to compile, however AMBER10 requires either g95 or gfortran to compile. This is where the issue lies, i have installed both... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: olifu02
0 Replies

2. Programming

Fortran 77 and gfortran

Hi! I have a program in fortran77. This program was compiled with pgf90, but now, I need compiled it with gfortran. I show a bit of code. program hello PARAMETER(a=100) integer a write(*,*)'value ', a end program hello What's the problem? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekaes
2 Replies

3. Programming

gfortran not connecting to system libraries

Hi ! I have one program made of several sub programs which I am trying to compile with gfortran on Fedora 14 in my system. The program was originally written in Fortran 77 and compilation command used to be - fort77 -O2 -f -w -o life life_com.f lifetime.f minuit.f tek_life.f utilities.f... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cylab123
0 Replies

4. Programming

Two issues in make file, g++, gfortran

Question 1: I have a c++ project that I am trying to re-organize. I am trying to subdivide the src directory to move some src files that seldom are changed to a more out of the way location. The project is a c++ application with a fortran function called from the c. The reorganization went... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
9 Replies

5. Programming

f77 program on gfortran

Hi, I am trying to run a simple f77 program on gfortran. Program is as follows. program trial implicit real*8 (a-h,o-z) common/var/a(2),b,c(4),d a=(/0,0/) b=0 c=(/0,0,0,0/) d=0 call add(a,b,c,d) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anshulfy
1 Replies

6. Programming

Gfortran compiler options.

I am a INTEL fortran user recently migrated to linux and installed gfortran on my system. I run numerical models as part of my research. my question is on optimization of the fortran code. I used the - vectorize option to compile for reducing the run time considerably and was happy. But... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: schamarthi1
1 Replies

7. Programming

Compilation problem with gfortran

Hello everyone, I'm trying since a few days to compile a f90 program with gfortran (on Ubuntu) with a makefile. The fortran program calls 2 routines written in C. Here is my makefile: FC = gfortran SFC = gfortran FFLAGS = -ffree-form -O... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: leroygr
21 Replies

8. Programming

Arrays of strings in GFORTRAN errors

Hello I am using gfortran and I intended to do thiis: Module variables character(len=:), dimension(:), allocatable, array end module variables Sub test use variables integer (max_len) max_len=len_trim("something here") if(.not.allocated(array))... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pepe
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using gFORTRAN to compile something built for g77

Hi, I am having a problem compiling a program with gfortran. The program compiles with g77 and f77 but I don't have those. I edited the makefile from FC = g77 to FC = gfortran but when I run it I get a slew of undefined reference errors. Any suggestions? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: butson
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

GFORTRAN error in makefile installation

Hi all, I'm a new Linux and gfortran user so facing this problem I could not figure out how to proceed. Trying to install a program with a makefile, at some point the installation stops showing the following error: g++ -std=c++0x -O3 -o CAMILObash.exe ./objects/Class_SurfTri_CheckTools.o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jefferson_dhv
2 Replies
F2PY(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   F2PY(1)

NAME
f2py - Fortran to Python interface generator SYNOPSIS
(1) To construct extension module sources: f2py [<options>] <fortran files> [[[only:]||[skip:]] <fortran functions> ] [: <fortran files> ...] (2) To compile fortran files and build extension modules: f2py -c [<options>, <config_fc options>, <extra options>] <fortran files> (3) To generate signature files: f2py -h <filename.pyf> ...< same options as in (1) > DESCRIPTION
This program generates a Python C/API file (<modulename>module.c) that contains wrappers for given Fortran or C functions so that they can be called from Python. With the -c option the corresponding extension modules are built. OPTIONS
-h <filename> Write signatures of the fortran routines to file <filename> and exit. You can then edit <filename> and use it instead of <fortran files>. If <filename>==stdout then the signatures are printed to stdout. <fortran functions> Names of fortran routines for which Python C/API functions will be generated. Default is all that are found in <fortran files>. skip: Ignore fortran functions that follow until `:'. only: Use only fortran functions that follow until `:'. : Get back to <fortran files> mode. -m <modulename> Name of the module; f2py generates a Python/C API file <modulename>module.c or extension module <modulename>. Default is 'unti- tled'. --[no-]lower Do [not] lower the cases in <fortran files>. By default, --lower is assumed with -h key, and --no-lower without -h key. --build-dir <dirname> All f2py generated files are created in <dirname>. Default is tempfile.mktemp(). --overwrite-signature Overwrite existing signature file. --[no-]latex-doc Create (or not) <modulename>module.tex. Default is --no-latex-doc. --short-latex Create 'incomplete' LaTeX document (without commands documentclass, ableofcontents, and egin{document}, end{document}). --[no-]rest-doc Create (or not) <modulename>module.rst. Default is --no-rest-doc. --debug-capi Create C/API code that reports the state of the wrappers during runtime. Useful for debugging. -include'<includefile>' Add CPP #include statement to the C/API code. <includefile> should be in the format of either `"filename.ext"' or `<filename.ext>'. As a result <includefile> will be included just before wrapper functions part in the C/API code. The option is depreciated, use `usercode` statement in signature files instead. --[no-]wrap-functions Create Fortran subroutine wrappers to Fortran 77 functions. --wrap-functions is default because it ensures maximum portability/com- piler independence. --help-link [..] List system resources found by system_info.py. [..] may contain a list of resources names. See also --link-<resource> switch below. --quiet Run quietly. --verbose Run with extra verbosity. -v Print f2py version ID and exit. --include_paths path1:path2:... Search include files (that f2py will scan) from the given directories. CONFIG_FC OPTIONS The following options are effective only when -c switch is used. --help-compiler List available Fortran compilers [DEPRECIATED]. --fcompiler=<name> Specify Fortran compiler type by vendor. --compiler=<name> Specify C compiler type (as defined by distutils) --fcompiler-exec=<path> Specify the path to F77 compiler [DEPRECIATED]. --f90compiler-exec=<path> Specify the path to F90 compiler [DEPRECIATED]. --help-fcompiler List available Fortran compilers and exit. --f77exec=<path> Specify the path to F77 compiler. --f90exec=<path> Specify the path to F90 compiler. --f77flags="..." Specify F77 compiler flags. --f90flags="..." Specify F90 compiler flags. --opt="..." Specify optimization flags. --arch="..." Specify architecture specific optimization flags. --noopt Compile without optimization. --noarch Compile without arch-dependent optimization. --debug Compile with debugging information. EXTRA OPTIONS
The following options are effective only when -c switch is used. --link-<resource> Link extension module with <resource> as defined by numpy_distutils/system_info.py. E.g. to link with optimized LAPACK libraries (vecLib on MacOSX, ATLAS elsewhere), use --link-lapack_opt. See also --help-link switch. -L/path/to/lib/ -l<libname> -D<define> -U<name> -I/path/to/include/ <filename>.o <filename>.so <filename>.a -DPREPEND_FORTRAN -DNO_APPEND_FORTRAN -DUPPERCASE_FORTRAN -DUNDERSCORE_G77 Macros that might be required with non-gcc Fortran compilers. -DF2PY_REPORT_ATEXIT To print out a performance report of F2PY interface when python exits. Available for Linux. -DF2PY_REPORT_ON_ARRAY_COPY=<int> To send a message to stderr whenever F2PY interface makes a copy of an array. Integer <int> sets the threshold for array sizes when a message should be shown. REQUIREMENTS
Python 1.5.2 or higher (2.x is supported). Numerical Python 13 or higher (20.x,21.x,22.x,23.x are supported). Optional Numarray 0.9 or higher partially supported. numpy_distutils from Scipy (can be downloaded from F2PY homepage) SEE ALSO
python(1) BUGS
For instructions on reporting bugs, see http://cens.ioc.ee/projects/f2py2e/FAQ.html AUTHOR
Pearu Peterson <pearu@cens.ioc.ee> INTERNET RESOURCES
Main website: http://cens.ioc.ee/projects/f2py2e/ User's Guide: http://cens.ioc.ee/projects/f2py2e/usersguide/ Mailing list: http://cens.ioc.ee/mailman/listinfo/f2py-users/ Scipy website: http://www.numpy.org COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Pearu Peterson LICENSE
NumPy License VERSION
2.45.241 F2PY(1)